Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

Hi beck how u doing?

Hey guys, I had a lovely Christmas thanks and Sarah, you're back! Hope you all had a great time over the festivities. I have eaten a lot, it's past even the point of enjoyment now! Been weighing myself and there is about 4lb gain but I go back to my ww meeting on the 2nd and back on diet in full force the 3rd.
I'll be back properly then! Have a great new year all! Xxx

Hey guys, I had a lovely Christmas thanks and Sarah, you're back! Hope you all had a great time over the festivities. I have eaten a lot, it's past even the point of enjoyment now! Been weighing myself and there is about 4lb gain but I go back to my ww meeting on the 2nd and back on diet in full force the 3rd.
I'll be back properly then! Have a great new year all! Xxx

Yeah I plan to come back but I seem to b lacking motivation which isnt good! Hopefully when biggest looser starts again it will b better! 4lb isnt much of a gain!

Well I'm back properly as of today! My ww meeting isn't until next Wednesday and I've gained a HUGE 8lb in less than a fortnight. That's 3lb more than I managed to lose before Xmas (but if I hadn't lost some before Xmas I'd have even more to lose!) so am starting today so that hopefully when I get to meeting I will be a bit less than my start weight.

So I am going to follow the plan in the new ww magazine, it's only a 5 day thing but I need someone to have done the work for me right now as I've not eaten in any kind of structure or anything for too long now! I've kind of just grazed on crap all day everyday since Xmas day. I will be going for a meal with my dad and his wife tomorrow and me and the boy will have a day off together on Friday but even if on those occasions I end up using up my weekly allowance, I will still have been eating a LOT less and more healthily than over the course of the last fortnight.

I had wanted to start exercise, I've ordered a new DVD that is due to arrive soon, but yesterday as we put the decorations away, my hip went really weird. It hurts when I sit down and when my weight goes on the opposite side. God knows what I've done, but I've been putting a hot water bottle on it to try to ease it. I'm not going to attempt anything very physical til that has gone. it is frustrating though, more than just losing weight I want to tone my wobbly, crepey skin and I know that exercise is really the only way.

So blah blah blah, I've talked enough. I am determined that this year I am going to beat this over eating demon and sort myself properly. I will try to catch up with you all over the next couple of days because your support really does help!
Happy new year everyone!

Oooh sorry to hear about your hip, hope that gets better soon. Its very frustrating how these things always seem to strike when you have the most motivation to get on with exercise. Last January I ended up hurting my back (I was basically a hunch back who couldn't straighten from a 45 degree angle for 2 weeks!) 9 days into a resolution of "I will exercise every day". I was less than impressed.

I have a similar dilemna at the moment with getting back on plan as I have something on at least one day every week for the rest of January but I'm actually going to see that as a postive. It means that if I can be strong for most of the week I get to enoy foods (or drinks ;) ) that I am limitting at some point in the week. I am hoping that makes it easier to stick to as it won't seem like such total deprivation after the indulgences of christmas.

I am sure you will have alot of the christmas gain off before official weigh in. Its unlikely to be "proper" weight. I think the change in our eating habits just really upsets our digestives systems and our poor bodies probably don't know what is going on. My scales did not look pretty this morning but I'm not going to do a proper weigh in until the saturday after next. Hopefully that is enough time for things to look a bit more normal!

Oh I wholeheartedly agree about our digestive systems! I have been having some very peculiars, pains, movements and noises in my tummy over the last week or so!

I'm intending to stick rigidly to plan on the days I can and when I can't ( like tomorrow when I'm out for lunch and tea) I will just relax a bit but try not to go crazy. Today has been nice so far and I've enjoyed shopping for healthy stuff and I must must must recommend the Thai green chicken wrap from this month's ww magazine. It is amazing! Loved it and have enough marinade left to make it later in the week. It feels good to be eating fresh stuff that's not full of fat and grease and sugar!

Hip still weird. I'm fine standing or lying down but sitting and bending hurts. Luckily heat patch belts were buy one get one free in sainsburys so I have a few of them to get me through, it's not as agonising as yesterday but it is irritating.

Oooh I must look out that recipe. I got the magazine and read it but I don't remember seeing that. I love thai flavours.

I've found it really nice being back on plan today too, and not done too badly so far. I think it makes me feel more positive and in control again, in a much wider sense than just my weight.

Its good that the heat pack is helping but I would be a little cautious about using them - when I went to the chiropractor with my back last year they told me that heat makes certain types of injury are actually made worse by heat as this increases the inflammation in the joint or muscle. They recommended using cold packs instead. Doesn't feel anywhere near as nice but did seem to help!

Are you back to work next week? I was off for about 6 days over christmas which was lovely but now I have had several days back I am craving a holiday. Got 10 days booked in the middle of March so just need to hold out for that.

Aargh today was going so well until the left over biscuits called me! To be fair I'm probably only about 10pp over my dailies, which compared to what I've been eating lately is barely anything!
So as a starter day that's pretty good, also knowing I'm going for 2 meals out tomorrow probably gave me the lackadaisical attitude. However after that I have no distractions and can have a clear run at this. I must must must get a grip!

Yes I've been off since 22nd and go back on Monday, but to be honest it hasn't felt like much of a break as been rushing round over Christmas and working on an assignment for uni, but I can't complain as poor boyf has only been off Xmas and boxing day and yesterday. It's no fun being off over Xmas without him and as we had his parents over Xmas we got no time to ourselves so looking forward to having Friday together.

Like you said, it's nothing compared to what you had been eating so I'm sure the damage won't be too bad overall. Just don't be hard on yourself. After a couple of weeks indulgence, it's always going to be hard to her back into the "healthy eating" mindset.

I've gone over my dailies today too but I'm not sure by how many as it was my dinner (had spag bol, couscous and light choices garlic bread). I couldnt weigh out my mince etc as the boyf was cooking it, so just had to guess and make a sensible portion. But, like you, it's a lot better than I have been eating!

New day today :)

hey just popping in to subscribe x

Like you said, it's nothing compared to what you had been eating so I'm sure the damage won't be too bad overall. Just don't be hard on yourself. After a couple of weeks indulgence, it's always going to be hard to her back into the "healthy eating" mindset.

I've gone over my dailies today too but I'm not sure by how many as it was my dinner (had spag bol, couscous and light choices garlic bread). I couldnt weigh out my mince etc as the boyf was cooking it, so just had to guess and make a sensible portion. But, like you, it's a lot better than I have been eating!

New day today :)

Hi mets nice to see u on here!

Definitely sounds like you did well overall yesterday. 10pp isn't really that much in the scheme of the week so just keep positive and looking forward. I had my own little wobble last night in the form of a crumpet and a second chocolate. I wasn't hungry I just "fancied" them, almost because I had been good all day.

Yeah, I can imagine it would be quite a pain having time off when OH is still at work (especially if his family are staying!). We were really lucky this year as this is the first year in the 12 christmas we have been together for when we both have jobs that don't involve working bank holidays, weekends or evenings. It was lovely to have all of christmas and new year on the same schedule!

How has today gone? Hopefully the biscuits have been kinder to you.

I am easing myself into it gently too - even if I have a bit too many snacks one day it will still be far better than I have been eating the majority of the time for months!

Hope the hip eases up for you. I am going to try and start exercise again next week too as I find it helps keep me on track food wise as I don't want to undo all that hard work! Xx

Hey Guys! Not been a great couple of days as was anticipated but got 5 days of being on plan ahead with just sticking to 26pp for next few days. I also am skint so no social plans for the next couple of weeks, so i may manage to stay on track!
The hip is slowly getting better. It's nowhere near as bad as it felt On Thursday so reckon in a couple of days I'll be good to start exercising.
Next couple of days is focussing on getting house in order and breaking the back of my assignment. I am avoiding thinking about going back to work as the idea is very upsetting to me (I have been quite unhappy at work towards the end of term, which was part of why I wasn't on here very much- having some issues with colleagues) but I'm sure this term will be better!

Hey Guys! Not been a great couple of days as was anticipated but got 5 days of being on plan ahead with just sticking to 26pp for next few days. I also am skint so no social plans for the next couple of weeks, so i may manage to stay on track!
The hip is slowly getting better. It's nowhere near as bad as it felt On Thursday so reckon in a couple of days I'll be good to start exercising.
Next couple of days is focussing on getting house in order and breaking the back of my assignment. I am avoiding thinking about going back to work as the idea is very upsetting to me (I have been quite unhappy at work towards the end of term, which was part of why I wasn't on here very much- having some issues with colleagues) but I'm sure this term will be better!

Dont worry beck as u said u got 5 more days till wi! A lot can b achieved in 5 days! Im sorry that ur having issues at work, I no how u feel, I get really depressed doing my cleaning and even now I havent got any till prob feb but im feeling down knowing it wont b long till I have to start again! Hopefully ur colleagues will have relaxed a bit over xmas and r ready to b nicer for the start of the new year!

Definitely good to get the bad days out of the day earlier in the week, alot can be achieved in 5 days so have faith!

Sorry to hear about problems with colleagues. I am very fortunate as its been years and years since I had any real problems at work but I do remember that absolute dread and unshiftable black cloud you have to deal with when work is making you unhappy. Was it something you could get any help with when you get back? Really hope it improves.

Glad hip is improving. Maybe going for a few fairly short walks over the next couple of days would help it?

What a difficult day to start back on plan! It would've been fine if I hadn't needed to go to the local shops and was faced with malteaser bunnies, Creme eggs and the new kit Kat chunky range ( I want the coconut)! I am proud to say I didn't get any but I did cave at a couple of quality street left over (not even flavours I like but it was sweet!). Other than that I've done well and stuck to daily 26 allowance! Yeay!

I've been walking quite a bit the last couple of days as have been shopping in town. Hip feels loads better, just a bit stiff first thing.

Day 1/5
26 dailies 0 weeklies

B- 3 bites of Krispy Kreme donut ( bad start- leftover from yesterday) -3pp

L- Thai green chicken wrap with spinach and carrot- 7pp
Ww yogurt-1pp

S- clementine
Grapes
4x quality st- 5pp

T- 2x low fat sausages-4pp
Sweet potato-3pp
Butternut squash
Onion
Creme caramel-3pp

Total-26pp

What a difficult day to start back on plan! It would've been fine if I hadn't needed to go to the local shops and was faced with malteaser bunnies, Creme eggs and the new kit Kat chunky range ( I want the coconut)! I am proud to say I didn't get any but I did cave at a couple of quality street left over (not even flavours I like but it was sweet!). Other than that I've done well and stuck to daily 26 allowance! Yeay!

I've been walking quite a bit the last couple of days as have been shopping in town. Hip feels loads better, just a bit stiff first thing.

Day 1/5
26 dailies 0 weeklies

B- 3 bites of Krispy Kreme donut ( bad start- leftover from yesterday) -3pp

L- Thai green chicken wrap with spinach and carrot- 7pp
Ww yogurt-1pp

S- clementine
Grapes
4x quality st- 5pp

T- 2x low fat sausages-4pp
Sweet potato-3pp
Butternut squash
Onion