Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

I started some this morning and hit another brick wall. My brain tends to engage later in the day so I've had a long bath and had a couple of ideas I've noted down on my phone, in between reading Marie Claire! Gonna work hardcore between 3 and 6 then after work tomorrow. It never used to be this hard! I used to whack out essays hours before they were due in at uni! My brain has obviously lost quite a lot of brain cells in the last 10 years!

Just dropping in to say in still within weeklies (10 left). I've been wiped out from work and assignment but completed all of the latter apart from the bibliography this evening. I'm sick of looking at glaring screens so I'll update properly and catch up with you guys after WI tomorrow. X

Try not to work too hard Becks xxx

Glad you have finally got to the end of your assignment, Becks. Enjoy your evening off screen-watching.

Lost 2lb this week, which I'm very pleased about especially as its not been an anazing week. It's not been bad, I've stayed in points range but no exercise and not great food. Now assignment is complete I'm planning on a weekend of getting the rest of my life in order such as the house, getting some soups and stews done and getting work sorted.

Great news on the loss. Well done. Its an especially good result given you hadn't managed to make all the food choices you wanted to and do the exercise you wanted to. Must really spur you on for next week when you should hopefully have less going on now the assignment is done.

Well done beck thats great! Is that ur first wi?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

How is your week going now you are out of the Assignement Cloud of Doom?? Hope everything is ok.

Well done on the loss hope you have a nice relaxing weekend :) x

Hi guys thank you! Assignment was handed in yesterday which was an unbelievable relief. This weekend is about getting my home back in order. I was at uni last night so couldn't really update.
Finding it hard, got one hell of a sweet tooth and this weather is making me want to eat lots of chocolate and bake cakes. I'm going to make soups and stews instead. I did eat a ripple and a malteaser bunny last night so used a few weeklies but no social plans this week and hopefully I can stay strong. Me and the boyf are out for cocktails and a meal next fri and I need to make sure I can fit into a dress! My wardrobe options are seriously limited right now!

Still not quite into this dieting lark right now. Yesterday I had 25 weeklies left but I've lost track today, very nibbly but think its the weather, I was out in the cold for 40 mins this morning waiting for the kids taxis and sadly although wellies get me through the snow without falling, they don't insulate my feet! And chocolate was lying around so... I know I've not eaten all my weeklies though. I must get some exercise done though. Someone give me a massive kick up the arse please!

I lost 1/2lb at ww on Wednesday. Better than a gain. Like atomic I've decided to try the 5:2 fast diet as I have become very tired of pp and even on sf I have to count and after 2 years of it I'm really struggling.
I've read up on the 5:2, all the pros and cons and did my first 500 kcal day on Thursday. This actually wasn't so bad. I was really apprehensive as I are my bowl of porridge and blueberries, knowing this would be all I ate until 8pm but actually the day went ok. The hunger came and went and when it was really bad I had herbal tea or hot water with lemon. I was at uni on Thursday so didn't get in til late and when I did eat, stir fry chicken and veg, it tasted so delicious.
The Friday was kind of a grazy day. I knew I was going out for a meal and cocktails with the boy, so I didn't eat great but I don't think I went too crazy.
Yesterday I was sick with hangover all day and all I kept down was a pizza that I managed to eat at 10pm when the sickness had finally stopped and I was ravenous!
Tomorrow is my next 500 kcal day. Today I'm going to make a chocken and bacon carbonara with low fat cream and Parmesan. Not particularly low in points but not total full fat either! I'll use wholewheat pasta too and bacon medallions rather than the fatty bits.

Well done on the loss, it going in the right direction at least.
As I said it seems a bit strange we decide to do the 5:2 diet on the same week, but I am really glad I'm not on my own trying it out. Will be good to compare notes (and hunger pangs!).
How was meal out and cocktails? I am finding the thought of being able to have the odd tipple rather tempting about this plan I have to say... I don't really enjoy having more than one or two drinks these days but the fact that I could more easily having a sneaky sunday night cocktail without it messing up my weeklies rather appeals. Food sounds good. I've got pretty much the same plan of walking the "middle line" between super healthy and more indulgent. Over christmas I did find that opting for the slightly more indulgent option left me feeling so much more satisfied that I ate a lower quantity of food over the day. Not sure how that works out calorie wise but it was very tasty anyway!
Hope you are having a nice weekend. Its lovely to be able to get out and about here without worrying about the bloody snow! I'd forgotten what Nottingham looked like not covered in snow.

Best of luck with it Becks! Maybe it will be just wha you need as you know it's only 2 days you have to be really good and that whatever you are craving you can eat the next day :) x

Thanks Laura.
Yeah it s funny that we are starting at same time atomic. I remember before Xmas you saying you were going to try it, but I knew absolutely nothing about it until an article I read online last week really piqued my interest!
So last night was a very heavy meal of carbonara and I used a lot of cheese! As I've had 2 rather indulgent days this week, it will be interesting to see the results on the scales on Wednesday following my 2 fast days. Second of which is today.
This is what I shall be eating

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Tea- roasted vegetable salad

Hope it goes as easily as Thursday but suspect it could be a bit harder as I'll be home earlier and it's not as shiny new! At least I'll start to get an idea of how sustainable it is over time. Lots of herbal teas and lemon and hot water at the ready to get me through the hunger.
Will update later.

Good luck! Hopefully the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon will keep you going for a good while. My first fast day is tomorrow, going to try and pack my work diary as much as possible to keep me busy.

Hey sparkle! How has your day been? I've not struggled too much with hunger, the had bits have been trying to ignore food, like I gave the kids some sweets for having their immunisation and normally I would dip in for just 1 or 2 but had to really think no, you can't! Also walking past things like grapes, I usually grab a couple! Makes me realise how much mindless eating I do. I'm hoping that following the fast can help me acknowledge and get over these habits.
Sparkle, did you find the 5:2 pretty good for weight loss when you did it?
Atomic, have you planned your food for tomorrow yet?

Glad its not going to badly so far, Becks. Resisting having a couple of grapes is going to be really hard! I am hoping I come to appreciate food a bit more through this too.

Have got food planned for tomorrow - if I go to the gym first thing going to have a protein shake afterwards and call that breakfast, if I wimp out and stay in bed another hour and a half I will have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (sounded really good so nicking it!) and having a smoked tofu and vegetable thai flavoured stirfry in the evening with zero noodles. What have you got for tonight?

Tonight is a roasted vegetable salad. In the book it says to sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Parmesan on for 90kcals but I'm going to swap it for a carrot and some spinach leaves! Who would've thought id forsake Parmesan for extra veg? I think cos I know I can have it if I want it tomorrow, I'm not too bothered. It's funny how psychological it all is!
Don't feel any more tired than usual and the hunger is cope able at the minute. I did find however, on Thursday I felt more hungry after I'd eaten. I will have a bath and get my head stuck into a new book if I feel the same this evening.

Your tofu Thai salad sounds good. I did enjoy my smoked salmon and eggs. I'm considering using some more salmon tomorrow to have for my lunch with ex light philly, avocado on ryvita.

Back