Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

So here's yesterday's food

5:2 fast day 5- fast day

B- 2 eggs scrambled with dash of milk
50g smoked salmon

Throughout the day- peppermint tea, hot water and lemon and cold water

T- roasted aubergine, red onion, courgette, cherry tomatoes served with fresh spinach leaves, balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp Parmesan.
300ml unsweetened almond milk

According to my fitness pal it was around 450kcal but in the book it was around 480 so I reckon somewhere in between. Was nice and satisfied after tea and the almond milk was a nice way to round off.

Non fast day today. My tummy is rumbling but undecided what to have for breakfast yet. Want a controlled day as I have WI tomorrow so always avoid Sonething too heavy. Hope everyone has a good day.

Looks like a super healthy fast day, huge well done! I am hoping I manage even small degree of your restraint and success today!

I already have my fast-breaking meal planned for tomorrow - cheesey scrambled eggs on a toasted muffin. Not hugely over the top or indulgent but one of my favourites. How did you find your energy levels on your fast days? I am hoping to go to the gym after work today but don't want to push myself too far on the first fast day but I tend to find exercise helps to curb my appetite.

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in.

Wow sparkle! What a loss in the first week! Yes I am surprised how much easier the fast days are than I expected. Part of it is just knowing you can't eat until a certain time takes away have of my inner conflict when faced with food choices! No weighing up if I can afford the pp, no guilt, it's just like its taken out of the equation until time for my evening meal. I quite like it cos I think about food sooooo much!

I sent that too quick! Well done on how you're getting on sparkle, you're doing great. Do you have a diary anywhere?

Atomic your breakfast tomorrow sounds amazing. Might steal that at some point!

Well I am nicking your smoked salmon breakfast so we shall do a breakfast swap! Sparkle's diary is over on the JUDDD board, think its called "Caroline's fasting diary" or something similar. I would try and post a link, but I am too lazy!

I totally agree about taking the decision making about food away, it has felt really liberating today not having to make any choices. I felt more in control over the last few days than I think I ever have about food. The fast days (or just the day, singular, in my case!) give you a sense of being much stronger than you thought you could be and then the other days you aren't be asked to make difficult decisions, just having what you fancy. It seems like quite a good deal, especially given Sparkle's great results!

( This has taken a really long time to type as I have a large male cat laying, and purring loudly, over both my arms!)

Great result Becks well done! Hard work on fasting days sure paid off :) xx

Thanks Laura and janine.
No it wasn't after a fast day, I ate pretty normally yesterday and there was a ripple gobbled along the line too!
This has really been my easiest week of dieting ever! I found the fast days soooo much easier than following a full week of pp and on my days 'off' I went out for a 3 course meal and cocktail, ate biscuits if I felt like it and I may have eaten 3 Creme eggs in a row on Sunday! I did have saturday when i was so hungover that the only thong i managed to hold down was a small pizza hut hawain pizza but I am really surprised at my weight loss. I knew I'd lost from my home scales but expected 1-2lb max which id have been more than satisfied with. This is a great start and very happy.

My new week starts tomorrow and I'm having a fast day. The one after will be on Monday and I'm probably going to stick to these days unless something comes up and I'll reschedule it.

That's an even more fab result if after a non-fasting day :) Its great to hear you feeling so positive about things too. x

Wow, thanks atomic! I deliberately didn't want to have WI after a fast day so that I'd get a more 'honest' result.
Sparkle I shall look you up ASAP! I've had a little browse on the Judd pages but not seen your diary yet.

I'm very very tired waking up today, I am soooo ready for a weekend, I hope Manchester isn't too exhausting, it's been a busy week! Still going ahead with fast plan for today despite the tiredness, I don't think it'll affect me in that way as it hasn't so far. This week I'm going to try to log all food, not just fast days, I'm going to write it down in my journal this week, this is so I have a better idea of how I'm eating on non fast days, so far there have been a couple of surprising moments (biting into a hobnob yesterday and thinking I don't really want this and depositing the rest in the bin) and I want to see if there is any change over time. Hope you all have a good day.

Hunger is quite bad today, going to have hot water and lemon whilst everyone else has their lunch. I other news, I'm signing up to do a boot camp on mon, weds and fri mornings before work. A couple of colleagues are doing it already and the very idea terrifies me but I know that exercise is something I really need to get myself into doing. I can lose weight but that isn't going to tone up my wobbly bits.

Well done on the biscuit binning - realising you didn't really want it rather than just mindlessly eating is a massive achievement.

Good luck with the boot camp - group exercise tends to be most motivating as I think almost everyone naturally pushes themselves a bit harder when surrounded by others and getting encouragement. X

Oooh big well done on the biscuit binning! Its wierd how quickly this plan makes you sort of re-assess your relationship with food isn't it? When I got home OH was just getting a pepperoni pizza out of the oven (rather sheepishly as he thought i wouldn't be in for a while longer and therefore thought I wouldn't be subjected to him eating pizza on a fast day) and while it smelled very good it was totally ok that I wasn't going to eat it. OH eating pizza when I am restricting my food for longer did used to make me very very envious.

Hope bootcamp goes well. What sort of things does it involve? Despite being totally crap at getting to the gym before work this week I do find that exercise first thing in the morning really helps my energy levels and mood during the day, so hopefully it will work the same way for you.

Well done with sticking with it on a more difficult day. Today was more difficult for me as well, was out and about and I don't think I realised just how much food is EVERYWHERE before.

Thank you guys. I know not much about the boot camp except its 45 mins and my colleague was sick after her first session! Terrified but have paid for a 6 week course now so... And I'll still be doing Zumba on a Tuesday! Yes I think first thing on a morning will be best and then it's done for the day. I'm sure come Sunday night I'll be crying about my decision!

Today got much easier as it went on, the hunger does subside quite quickly and going to uni helped.

5:2 fast day 1 wk2

B- boiled egg
25g ham
Tangerine - total 116 kcal

T- tortilla pizza (1tortilla, 90g light mozzerella, red onion, courgette, cherry tons, red pepper, spinach, passata) - 364 kcal

Total- 480 kcal

Now I need to pack for Manchester and dream about tomorrow's breakfast!

Ooh are you doing the fasting diet alongside ww? How's that going? I was considering doing it but I had an E.D. (I know you wouldn't imagine it with the weight I am now!) in the past and would worry that restricting will eventually make me binge on loads (I still have a tendency to binge on vast amounts of food). It sounds like it should work though!

One thing is to be careful to exercise on days when you're eating a normal amount and not to overdo it on fasting days because you could become unwell.

I'll be popping in again xx

Hi Bella, not so much doing ww at moment but sticking with this thread for now and still getting weighed at ww meeting until I've decided to make a commitment to this diet yet. I'm trying to eat healthily where I can on non fast days using many of the recipes from ww and hairy dieters etc...
Yesterday was not a good non fast day, I did a lot of grazing on biscuits through the morning and getting to my friends was a mini buffet for evening meal with beer so no idea what was consumed. I'm hoping for better during the day today although eating out and much of the same again tonight.
I'm concerned about starting this boot camp and the fast diet. This boot camp is mon, weds and fri mornings. I plan to fast on mon again. The other alternative is to fast tomorrow (eat nothing til tea and have 500kcal evening meal). I imagine it would be better to have a normal eating day tomorrow and then have a good breakfast within kcals after the boot camp and then keep it as my fast day. That way I'll have energy from the previous day to draw on and a good breakfast following? I think only 500kcal the evening before a workout would be hard going initially. Especially as yesterday morning it tool me a while to get my energy levels up after a fast day. What do people think?

I haven't felt like I have had any less energy when exercising when fasting to be honest. It was one of the things I was really worried about - fitting it around exercise but I really don't think i needed to worry. I did a pretty intense 1 hour workout at the gym first thing friday morning before work (I felt guilty for not going on thursday so really pushed myself with everything) after fasting on thursday. I didn't have breakfast before I went and didn't feel any different. You are having a breakfast on your fast days anyway, maybe just wait until after bootcamp to have it. I reckon you will be fine.

Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks atomic. That's what I'll do.
A very indulgent few non fast dates and a peek on the scales is not looking good at all. Still I have a fast day tomorrow and starting boot camp so hopefully things will start to go downwards. I'd be happy with a STS on weds to be honest. I have no more big social things lined up for a while, other than having the brother in law and his family for dinner on Friday, so time to take a bit of control over having more sensible meals and snacks. I think I have probably taken the eat what you want on non fast days, a bit far!
Tonight it's hairy dieters mediterranean burgers for tea.
Very apprehensive about boot camp tomorrow but looking forward to being more physically fit!

Good luck for boot camp this morning! Sure you will do fine and get to glide through the rest of the day on that wonderful endorphin high :)

I shouldn't worry too much about indulgent up days at the moment. There is a huge novelty value of this at the moment, I am sure we will settle into it more over a few weeks. And for the time being losses are coming even though the eating on up days is pretty up :)

Back