Becktoria's simply filling food diary

Hmmm well not a fabulous day (food wise, in other ways I've had a lovely day). I met up with some former colleagues and had lunch, we had Thai from the fat Buddha. Was lush, then went for a couple of cocktails in a lush champagne cocktail bar. I had 2 and a virgin daiquiri. The best cocktail is a strawberry balsamic martini! Hmmm!
I've also had a cornetto and mini magnum. I think I've already gone into holiday mode, to be fair I don't think I'm ever really getting into diet mode except for the odd good day. I think it's cos I want to enjoy my days and I'm having a nice time so fairly relaxed about food. Anyhow I'm not feeling guilty about this so I guess it's all good.

Thai and cocktails sounds amazing. What alcohol is in that one?

Sounds like a lovely day! Just enjoy your holidays! Won't be long until school again.

Do you think once it is a new term you will get back to normal food wise?

:) lol 'fat buddha' that made me smile!

Don't worry beck! Seems as soon as u get on plan I go awol then when I get back on u do! We r a right pair! I no what u mean about being relaxed on days u do something unusual, my mil and other ladies in the family invited me to go shopping on 19th aug with lunch at an all u can eat chinese and I thought about not going but I don't see y my life should stop for a diet plan!

Well exactly Sarah. My friends today I've not seen in sometime and I could get food that would be healthier but I'd resent it. However when I'm proper focussed I'm cool with it.
Yeah Laura I think I will be better when back in school routine, mind the days when I'm not out and about I'm pretty good but when I'm out I just wanna not have to think about it. I'm not going crazy on massive binges though, well except for Sunday but that was the drinks fault!

I'm out with my mam tomorrow but reckon that should be ok. She's on ww too and she's picked me up a calculator and journal so when I get back to school I shall start it brand new and afresh.

Been a bit slack with the gym this week as so busy. Will try to get there tomorrow after I've been to town and should make it on Friday.

Sounds like some lovely days and tasty treats! X

That's good that your mum is doing it too!

My mum made me dinner other week and I was asking what she put in and she didn't have a clue. Soo hard.

My mum did do it but gave up after a few weeks. Not that she even needs to diet lol!!

At least you can encourage each other :)

Purpled said:
That's good that your mum is doing it too!

My mum made me dinner other week and I was asking what she put in and she didn't have a clue. Soo hard.

My mum did do it but gave up after a few weeks. Not that she even needs to diet lol!!

At least you can encourage each other :)

My mil is the same!
She made everyone a cottage pie the other day and I took my own, she's all like what's the difference? Umm.. No oil, extra lean mince, less gravy, no cheese on top! A big difference! Plus she put bacon in with all the fat still on!

Becktoria79 said:
Hmmm well not a fabulous day (food wise, in other ways I've had a lovely day). I met up with some former colleagues and had lunch, we had Thai from the fat Buddha. Was lush, then went for a couple of cocktails in a lush champagne cocktail bar. I had 2 and a virgin daiquiri. The best cocktail is a strawberry balsamic martini! Hmmm!
I've also had a cornetto and mini magnum. I think I've already gone into holiday mode, to be fair I don't think I'm ever really getting into diet mode except for the odd good day. I think it's cos I want to enjoy my days and I'm having a nice time so fairly relaxed about food. Anyhow I'm not feeling guilty about this so I guess it's all good.

Sounds like a brilliant day was had :0) enjoy time with you mam today and that great that she has got you a calculator and journal so you can refocus when school restarts :0)

Cocktails and thai food sounds very much fun. I think its really positive that you can have all these days out at the minute and not go crazy. You seem to be making mostly sensible choices and moderating what you have at other times to compensate for it so I reckon you are still doing well. And you are nearly on holiday - you are definitely allowed to be a little more relaxed about things.

I would love it if my mum was following any sort of eating plan like WW. Food and drink is such a battle ground when I go and visit her it drives me crazy. She got really offended last time I went to visit (about April) because I took cereal with me for breakfast and didn't let her cook me a huge breakfast. She just seems to constantly want to provide high calorie indulgent food and alcohol to me while I am there and every time I refuse she takes it really personally. Visitting her again in a few weeks so I guess I should prepapre my waist line and liver for the onslaught...

Thanks guys. My mam can't really indulge in anything anymore as last year she was diagnosed with a liver problem and was put on a lot of medication. The steroids particularly made her gain a lot of weight. She has had medication reduced but will be on it for life and can't drink at all. She also developed gall stones and so has to be very careful with fatty food and can't eat chocolate anymore, and believe me I got my sweet chocolate tooth from my mam! When she joined ww the leader was worried that being on the steroids and other medications she is on that she'd struggle to lose but she's done really really well, think she's only gained once since jan and that was after a holiday!

Been a nice but tiring day. Think I've got everything for the holiday now. Been a bit slack on food again but not really eaten much so not worried. Not sure whether to WI tomorrow as I weighed this morning and was 1lb lighter than last fri, I'm not sure I want to weigh before my holiday as even a little gain could piss me off! Stupid but you know... Starting to get very excited now, tomorrow will be a busy packing and cleaning and sorting day! Better get some lists written!

Watching hairy bikers making low far foods and they are making some lovely stuff. Hopefully they'll do a cookbook of it. Sure a lot of it would fit in with ww.

Ur poor mum no alcohol or chocolate :/ she's done very well to keep loosing like that! She's done better than me with the gains!!

I'm just watching bikers now (recorded it), I must admit it looks awful similar to sf!!

sarah88 said:
Ur poor mum no alcohol or chocolate :/ she's done very well to keep loosing like that! She's done better than me with the gains!!

I'm just watching bikers now (recorded it), I must admit it looks awful similar to sf!!

In a way I feel like they've taken sf, changed a couple bits and put their name on it!

But giving us more recipe ideas! I'm gonna make the bacon and watercress breakfast and they've taught me how to do poached eggs properly!
I think my mam manages to stay so good is because she gets awful pain if she eats fatty foods! I think I'd go off chocolate if it hurt me everytime I ate it! Haha! Mind chocolate isn't really the problem right now it's ice cream!

Becktoria79 said:
But giving us more recipe ideas! I'm gonna make the bacon and watercress breakfast and they've taught me how to do poached eggs properly!
I think my mam manages to stay so good is because she gets awful pain if she eats fatty foods! I think I'd go off chocolate if it hurt me everytime I ate it! Haha! Mind chocolate isn't really the problem right now it's ice cream!

I agree, if I had pain when I eat bad things I wouldn't eat them!

Yeah I never knew how to do poached eggs, I learnt there too! It all does look tasty but their sauces aren't sf, that lasagne last time had red wine in the sauce

Well decided to weigh in this morning and glad I did cos it was good news, 1.6lb off! Not quite sure how but I guess on the days I've been off plan I've been eating not great stuff but not loads of not great stuff iykwim?
Anyhow I also feel quit slim which is good and hopefully will stay that way. Got oodles of things to do today so getting a little bit anxious, I wrote lists of everything we need to pack and my boy was like, you're taking all the fun out of it! I told him that if anything is forgotten it'll be a big drag and that he's not the one getting everything ready today as he's at work!

Well done on the loss beck!

Well done,brilliant loss Becks :0) I do lists when I go away as well! Your Mam has done so well bless her! Enjoy Berlin,be nice for you to go away and relax :0)

Great news on the loss, really pleased for you :) Hopefully that will give you a nice confidence boost for your holiday.

Oh Asda have the Hairy Dieters cookbook in at the moment - £7. Bought it this evening and will report back whether its worth it or not. I had a £5 voucher to spend so it felt almost free so thought I would give it a try...

Thanks guys I'm pretty certain they won't be as kind next Friday!
Atomic I look forward to hearing your review- £2? Bargain.

Obviously been dead busy trying to get sorted so. Am way behind on your diaries but I'll get to grips with them when I return. Hope you all have a good few days. I however, am looking forward to many Bavarian culinary delights! Yeay holiday time! See you all on Thursday! Xx

Back