BeckyT's Food Diary

Adding an options hot choc to take my total to 65.5 for the week and I still have another 3 days to go... Opps!

It's Christmas! It comes but once a year, go with it! I think they should introduce flexible weeks instead of days for christmas. :)

Food Diary looking good. I admire how you make the best choices you can when working away and especially taking fruit to the in-laws!! WoW!!!!!!!!!!!
Thinking about starting a food diary when i start on SW again, don't know if i dare though. :ashamed0005:

I would love some of your soup recipes, i have made a roasted parsnip and carrot one today but just made it up as i went along with what i had in the cupboards! Don't think i would be able to repeat it. Shame really as it was delish!

I know, I guess Ive done well really, just running out of syns a couple of days early thats all ;)

There's a fab sw soup cook book for £3.95 which has some great recipies in it, the only one i've actually used the book for so far is the roasted tomato and red pepper soup, it's is absolutely stunning, it's my fav!! all the others I just make them up as I go along! I dont make the whole soup in my halogen cooker however i do roast the veg in there first :D

I havent really got any choice re the fruit to the inlaws if i want something healthy to eat... does annoy me if I think about it so i try not to! You should have seen the buffet on christmas day night, there was only meat and beetroot that I could actually eat off of there. I'd love to be able to have crimbo meals at home next year!!!!

Wednesday 28th December - Red Day

Back at work today, well working from home and no doubt it will be really quiet so I need to try and keep busy otherwise the cupboards will start calling my name!

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran and 1/2 a pink grapefruit

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Left over roasted tomato and red pepper soup, 2 satsumas

Dinner: Pork chop with carrots, swede, sprouts, cauliflower and oxo gravy

Syns today 0
Syns for the week 65.5

I know how you feel about the in-laws. My motherin law doesn't believe in diets and if i turn down sweets at her house i just get the 'oh your not on one of them diets are you?" (shes 79 so just eats what she wants now). She always says i dont need to but it is a personal choice if you yourself think you need to lose a few lb's. If they haven't been through it themselves then they don't get it. Especially how hard it is to stick to it 100%!
Do you get on well with the in-laws? Maybe just have a quiet word and ask if they could cater for your food choices too. If you were a vegetarian I am guessing they would put veggie options on the buffet so this shouldnt be any different!

Yeah I get on really really well with them, they treat me like their own daughter so I'm really lucky in the respect.

They don't like/agree with food with sweeteners in them so I took my own bottle of diet coke round for crimbo day. They also cover stuff in butter and think that fry light is wrong. Don't see the harm in it myself. I don't have a lot of either of them and they are a food substitute for oil and sugar with fat less calories!

Thursday 29th December - Red Day

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran. 1/2 a pink grapefruit

Lunch: Homemade chucky veg soup, 2 satsumas. 42g low low cheese. 2 slices of ww bread with marg 1 syn and marmite

Dinner: Smoked haddock with carrots, swede, green cabbage and broccoli

I am going out tonight to but im going to drive so that means diet coke for me!

Syns today 1
Syns for the week 66.5

Last edited:
Well boredom got the better of me working from home this afternoon and I can add to my diary...

1/4 honeydew melon
2 malted milks 4 syns
Alpen light 3 syns
Another apple and a satsuma when I got back in from the pub... hubby was eating chocolates and biscuits so I did very well!!

Total for the week 73.5

Last edited:
Friday 30th December - Red Day

Last day before WI... I've been really, really good and I am very proud of myself for getting through Christmas and weather permitting I will have walked circa 21 miles this week... no doubt my body will throw me a gain instead of a loss!!!!!!! :(

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran and 1/2 a pink grapefruit. Hexa & hexb

Lunch: Homemade chucky veg soup, 2 satsumas. 42g cheese

Dinner: Before taking Alfie to the vets for his 5 month old check up I will have a tuna salad... I was going to have a tuna pitta however i've just remembered that I am currently soaking some scan bran to make a christmas scan bran cake so I will need my other Hexb for that which i will snack on tonight

Hiya hun

Just checking in as not been around too much. You look absolutely fab in your new profile picture.

You have done fantastically over the silly season and I really hope you get a loss or STS as you deserve it.

What kind of work do you do? I'd love to work from home but guess I'd get easily distracted & I'd do no work.

Good luck to wee Alfie at the vets, what breed is he?

Well done on all the walking. Happy New Year to you just in case I don't pop by before then XXXX

Hiya hun

Just checking in as not been around too much. You look absolutely fab in your new profile picture.

You have done fantastically over the silly season and I really hope you get a loss or STS as you deserve it.

What kind of work do you do? I'd love to work from home but guess I'd get easily distracted & I'd do no work.

Good luck to wee Alfie at the vets, what breed is he?

Well done on all the walking. Happy New Year to you just in case I don't pop by before then XXXX

Hello hun... thanks for stopping by ;)

Alfie is a boarder terrier crossed with a lakeland... he's just coming up to 6 months old and he is an amazing dog and very loving, the only trouble we have with him is that he doesnt like being left on his own so much so I think he's getting worse not better. We've done around 22 miles since my last WI so fingers crossed! Trouble is, when I know I've been really good I sometimes have a small gain, not sure why, I still havent worked it out?!

Thank you so much for the compliment... I need to get some pictures taken of me so I can start comparing them as I sometimes dont feel like i've lost the weight! Silly i know!

Working from home isnt all it's cracked up to be... before we got Alfie I used to get fed up of seeing the same four walls and the cupboards always start calling my name on an afternoon if it's quiet :wave_cry:! I work for Telefonica/Tesco Mobile as an operations manager so when Im not working from home I spend the rest of my working time on the road and living in hotels which has it's own set of challenges!!

Did you enjoy your night out in Manchester the other week?

Have a lovely new year xx

Hello hun... thanks for stopping by ;)

Alfie is a boarder terrier crossed with a lakeland... he's just coming up to 6 months old and he is an amazing dog and very loving, the only trouble we have with him is that he doesnt like being left on his own so much so I think he's getting worse not better. We've done around 22 miles since my last WI so fingers crossed! Trouble is, when I know I've been really good I sometimes have a small gain, not sure why, I still havent worked it out?!

Thank you so much for the compliment... I need to get some pictures taken of me so I can start comparing them as I sometimes dont feel like i've lost the weight! Silly i know!

Working from home isnt all it's cracked up to be... before we got Alfie I used to get fed up of seeing the same four walls and the cupboards always start calling my name on an afternoon if it's quiet :wave_cry:! I work for Telefonica/Tesco Mobile as an operations manager so when Im not working from home I spend the rest of my working time on the road and living in hotels which has it's own set of challenges!!

Did you enjoy your night out in Manchester the other week?

Have a lovely new year xx

I don't think I could hack the travelling around but I guess if I had no kids it would be ok.

I had to cancel Manchester hun as my 3 year old was really sick & I had to take him up the hospital. I wasn't too great either but I am planning on going in the New Year not sure when but very soon. I was gutted that I couldn't go but kids come first & Manchester will still be there!!!

Yeah I know what you mean, I often think that If I did have children then my work life would have to completely change. My hubby is 12 years older than me so if we were going to have children we kinda need to do it now however I really dont feel ready for them... the more time you spend childless the more selfish you become!

0.5lb off for me this week which I'm really pleased with as I have been a very good girl! I am now 2lbs under my target so I have 1lb before I make a decision as to whether I want to lower my target or not

New Years Eve - Extra Easy

It's the MIL's birthday today so we'll be heading over there later for some kind of get together... More full fat coke, biscuits, buns and wine will be offered????

Late breakfast/lunch: apple at WI, then 3x bacon fat removed, lots of mushrooms, tinned toms, beans and egg

Snack: 2 satsumas

Dinner: Homemade chilli that made yesterday so it will be really yum today. Rice and a large side salad

Snack: half Christmas scan bran 2 syns. 1/4 watermelon oh and a bottle of red wine 25.5 syns

Syns today 27.5
Syns for the week 27.5

Ok so far I've been offered buns, biscuits, wine, peanuts, fresh bread. 6 months down the line and I am still being offered crap... How many times does it actually take? It's not even as is we go round once in a while we seem them every week and every week is the same

If it was me I would have a fruit bowl out but maybe I'm just being selfish...

Rant over...

Hello 2012!!!! This is the first time in my life I have got to January and I don't have to go on a diet... It's an amazing feeling

Extra Easy

Today will be pretty much the same as yesterday

Late breakfast/lunch: 2 x bacon, sausage 0.5 syn, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms

Snack: apple, malted milk 2 syns, shape yoghurt 0.5 syn

Dinner: homemade chilli with rice and a large salad and pitta bread HEXb

Snack: 2 satsumas, 21g cheese to make up the rest of my hexa. Crunchie 9.5 syns

Syns today 12.5
Syns for the week 40

Last edited:
January 2nd - Red Day

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran. 1/2 a pink grapefruit

Snack apple

Lunch: homemade chuncky veg soup. 2 x dairy milk choc 5 syns

Snack: 2 x satsumas

Dinner: smoked haddock with carrots, swede, sprouts and cauliflower and cabbage

Might make a scan bran cake later so depending which one I do I may have to add a couple of syns

Syns today: 8
Syns for the week 48

Last edited:
Tuesday 3rd January - Red Day

Snack: apple

Lunch: Homemade chucky veg soup, shape yoghurt 0.5 syn

Snack: 2 satsumas

Dinner: The other half off my smoked haddock, carrots, swede and cabbage

Snack: Scan bran cake 3 syns - I think it is less but want to play it safe

Syns today 3.5
Syns for the week 52

Wednesday 4th January - Red Day

Another step closer to the weekend, yay!!

Lunch: Chunky veg soup, 2 satsumas

Dinner: Maggi so juicy chicken 3 syns, carrots, swede, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage

If i get time today I might make a scan bran cake however I will need to nip to the supermarket first to get some nutmeg.

Syns today: 3
Syns for the week: 55

I've swapped some of my hex's around so I've had 42g cheese which I ate as it is.... Mmmm! I wasn't that keen on my scan bran cake so I opted for a fibre plus bar instead

Ive also had a dairy milk choc 2.5 syns and an options hot choc 2 syns which takes my total to 59.5 for the week

Last edited:
Back