BeckyT's Food Diary

Thursday 5th January - Red Day

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran made with skimmed milk and 1/2 pink grapefruit

Lunch: Last of my homemade veg soup and an apple

Snack: 2 satsumas

Dinner: Really, really not sure yet but I need to come up with something as I will need to get it out of the freezer

Snack 1/4 melon and my other hexb fibre plus

Syns today 0
Syns for the week 59.5

Right I've decided on pork chops for dinner with cauliflower, carrots, swede and broccoli

The weather is still shocking outside, I hope it eases off so I can take the pooch for a nice long walk

Friday 6th January - Red Day

Last day before WI and I actually feel like I've lost weight this week so Im pretty hopeful, I've been an angel yet again so I will just have to see!

I took my measurments yesterday and I have lost a total of 17 inches off of my arms, legs, waste and hips, wow!

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran made with skimmed milk and 1/2 a grapefruit (HexA & HexB)

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Homemade tomato and basil soup made fresh today! 42g low low cheese (HexA)

Dinner: Smoked salmon and scrmbled eggs

Snack: Christmas scan bran cake (hexb) Going to say 3 syns to be safe. Malted milk biscuit and 3 satsumas

Syns today 3
Syns for the week 74

Last edited:
WI complete and I lost another 2lbs... Woo hoo! I text my hubby to tell him and he replied and said 'that's enough now'. I've longed for him to say that as he doesn't really comment that I've lost weight however he always asks how I've done and says well done. I need to make a decision now whether I put on 1lb otherwise I will have to pay next week or whether I lower my target which means I will have to lose another 3lb. It doesn't sound a lot however I haven't got much left to lose

If anybody does read my diary feel free to advise?! Sometimes I think I just waffle away to myself!

Oh hello out there... I thought I was waffling away to myself!

It hasn't been easy however it's strange but something had just clicked in my head this time. We go on holibobs in 10 weeks so I've got something to maintain for now too!

Saturday 6th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast/lunch: had a banana at WI and when I got back I had my usual 'fry up' 2 x bacon, sausage 0.5 syn, plum tomatoes, beans and tones of mushrooms

Snack: apple

Dinner: I was organised this morning and I have a beef stew in the slow cooker. I will be having it with mash broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I'll count 1 syn for the stew as it has a pint for bitter in it however it will feed about 6 people!

Snack: I might make a Christmas can bean cake later, if not I will have 2 hi fi bars with my bottle of red wine! Snack a jacks 4.5 syns

Syns today 31.5
Syns for the week 31.5

Last edited:
Oh no- were here-- reading away!! :)
And if you feel you'd be happier losing another 3lb then go for it, but if hubby's noticing and saying no more- well that'd be a pritty good indicator for me! :)

Love2bSlim said:
Oh no- were here-- reading away!! :)
And if you feel you'd be happier losing another 3lb then go for it, but if hubby's noticing and saying no more- well that'd be a pritty good indicator for me! :)

Very true... It might sound daft but I've always longed for him to say that to me and now that he has I'm in a bit of a quandary!

Well the dog has been walked & I've been on my vibration plate for 15mins... Looking forward to some lovely stew and mash potato for dinner and then I nice bottle of red with the hubby later

Sunday 7th January - Red Day

Breakfast: it was going to be kippers however I haven't had them before and I really couldn't face eating the first thing on a morning! Oat so simple with scan bran instead & 1/2 pink grapefruit

Snack: apple and a banana. 42g low low cheese... Mmmm!

Lunch: a kipper! It was ok, I have to have another one as I bought two... Maybe they'll grow on me! 2 slices of ww bread HEXb and 2 tsp of flora lighter than light 1 syn

Going the pub later but I think I'm going to have coke and have a crunchie bar when I'm watching dancing on ice! 9.5 syns

Dinner: Homemade stew with a pile of carrots, swede, broccoli 1 syn

Syns today: 11.5
Syns for the week: 43

Last edited:
Monday 9th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Oat so simple with scan bran and 1/2 a pink grapefruit

Snack: Melon

Lunch: Homemade roasted tomato and red pepper soup. Shape yoghurt 0.5 syn

Snack: Banana

Dinner: The last of the stew left overs with a pile of veggies 1 syn

Snack 2 satsumas

Syns today: 1.5
Syns for the week: 44.5

My C has just text me to say that she has spoken to head office and they will let me change my target to 9st 2lbs as it puts my BMI at 20.6.

It really is amazing what a difference 2lbs can make, i knew when i went to get weighed this week that I'd lost as I could really notice a difference in my body shape. I feel a lot happier at 9st 2lbs than I did at 9st 6lbs, so that's it, my target has offically been changed!

Going to switch my day from EE to green...

The last of my stew is more potatoes and parsnips with a little bit of meat which can be a HEXb

Just had a pear and 42g of low low cheese, it was calling my name from the fridge!!

Adding 2 milk tray chocs 5 syns

Total for the week 49.5

Last edited:
Love2bSlim said:
Well done on setting and getting to your new target.
9st 2...wow...I wish! :)
Well done again!

Thank you honey! You'll get to your target, just stay determined x

BeckyT said:
Thank you honey! You'll get to your target, just stay determined x

Fingers crossed- seems like a battle at the moment. Hope I can get through the slow part quickly...& get to 9st 7!! Or maybe a tad less! :)

Love2bSlim said:
Fingers crossed- seems like a battle at the moment. Hope I can get through the slow part quickly...& get to 9st 7!! Or maybe a tad less! :)

When did you start on slimming world? x

I first started a few years ago & lost 2 1/2 stone & got to target but then I put just over a stone back on over the course of about 6months. I Re-joined a class but I wasn't totally committed, so i had a change and tried WW & I hammered the gym & lost a stone...then I got married in August & it all went wrong again! Haha.
Definatly focused now & I want to ideally lose a stone, maybe a little bit more, but the last bit is always hard.
I just know I've been there, at that weight & it's so frustrating.

Back