been to the doctors just wondering?

shellreed2011

Silver Member
hi i had an appt this morning with my lady doctor as the male one is very negative about this diet she was fantastic! she wants to see me every two weeks to monitor my blood pressure and weight loss and even told me she will be referring future patients to exante and she said if i am still unhappy about my saggy skin on my boobs bum and arms she will refere me to a surgeon on the nhs when i get to goal :) :) ! however i dont know what to do as her scales say i am 13 stone exactly but mine say 13.5! do i go by the doctors scales or my own?

lol she used two different ones cos i argued with her lol and they both said 13 and my will fit is only a 1lb off hers but mine are 5 lb off!

Same has happened 2 me, now I'd like to believe the lower weight obviously but am I just fooling myself???

Oooo I'd go by her scales if I were you! Or your wii fit x

Yes my scales are digital does that make a difference?

For the purpose of losing weight, it doesn't really matter, what's important is that you measure from the same ones each week for your weigh-in. If you go by hers this week, then yours next week, you'll think you've put 5lbs on again!

They're all within a few pounds of each other, so to be honest, when you get to the end of the diet, you'll be happy whichever scales you stand on!

Good digital ones are very reliable. I used to weigh myself in my birthday suit and then clothed and give my readings to the Pharmacist and then get weighed on theirs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh shell that is great :) so positive :)
Glad it went well ;)
So does that mean you are 5lbs less than you thought you were??? Great news :D

I dunno carls cos I dunno who's scales were right lol

Hmmm was contemplating telling my dr that i was starting exante but he is new and i haven't exactly warmed to him. I don't know if he'll be supportive.
It was the chair in his room that tipped me over the edge and made me panic about my weight as i couldn't comfortably fit my big ol behind in it!!
Maybe i will brave it and mention it on my next visit?

I would my doctor was fantastic!

Back