Before you start a new thread - the purpose of sub forums

:banghead:

Instead of moving posts that are in the wrong place, why not do a trial of locking them, with a note saying 'This has been posted in the wrong section, please re-post in XYZ sub-forum'.

That way, repeat offenders may get the message that if they post in the wrong place, they're not going to get answers, as their post will be locked.

If someone posts in the wrong section, knowing if it's wrong it'll be moved, this is going to continue to happen.

I don't see why it's so hard though?????
Okay, some off-topic threads may not be off topic in the poster's mind but syn values and recipes and weigh in results.... surely it's not hard.

Great idea re locking them in though!

I try to inform the poster that they have posted in the wrong place when I reply to a thread too, perhaps with this and locking them in, Sandy might not be so busy moving stuff on this forum!

I have a company website and I know from experience that people don't like to read stuff - not saying they are lazy - just an observation that they just go for the easiest option - wondering if the quick turnover of the main forum is a lure! Perhaps folk will think their questions will be answered quicker if it is in the quick turnover section. :blahblah:

Not been bumped up for a while.
Come on peeps

Off topic
syn value
recipes
weigh ins etc

Use the correct sub forum :)

Back