Step 1 Sole Source Began yesterday... journey of a desperate woman :)

So just finished my first 1.5 litres of water. Feeling full now. Hopefully that will mean that I can avoid having my lunch for a bit longer. Want to try and avoid the afternoon munchies by having a later than usual lunch.

I'll join you! Have been a bit poor with my water intake the last few days.. so far I have managed 1 shake and about 2 litres - 1.5 of water and 0.5 of peppermint tea! Had a SS+ day yesterday and it was nice, but my brain is thinking of food today.. going to stick to just packs from now on I think.. the temptation to eat more last night was high!

I'll join you! Have been a bit poor with my water intake the last few days.. so far I have managed 1 shake and about 2 litres - 1.5 of water and 0.5 of peppermint tea! Had a SS+ day yesterday and it was nice, but my brain is thinking of food today.. going to stick to just packs from now on I think.. the temptation to eat more last night was high!

Cool! I was just thinking longingly of having so diet cola, but if you're doing the water thing too I'll try and resist it for a bit longer and continue to sip water for the moment.

Just had my pasta for lunch. Feeling fairly satisfied. The stomach may be okay, the brain still wants to eat more. Hard habit to break really, I've been conditioned to think I need more than a small bowl of pasta.

Just had my second shake and feeling better than I was. I know what you mean about the brain though.. it is a hard habit to break. Walked through town to get home for lunch and it was hard seeing lots of food.. feeling more hungry today, maybe because I ate yesterday?

Had a bit of a feel sorry for myself moment - "why can't I be 'normal' and eat like 'normal' people?" - but now that I have gotten back and had my shake with some coffee in it for a boost I realise this is my choice. I could eat food and I could lose weight slower.. but this approach is what I need to do to get where I want to be sooner! Determined head is back in the game, I am going to do this!

feeling more hungry today, maybe because I ate yesterday?

Had a bit of a feel sorry for myself moment - "why can't I be 'normal' and eat like 'normal' people?" - but now that I have gotten back and had my shake with some coffee in it for a boost I realise this is my choice. I could eat food and I could lose weight slower.. but this approach is what I need to do to get where I want to be sooner! Determined head is back in the game, I am going to do this!

I think so. I feel much hungrier today because I ate yesterday too. I was so hungry in fact that I had my third product - a toffee, nut and raisin bar a short while ago. Now I've got to not have anything till bedtime. Tough call but surely I've had enough to keep me going all day. Just need to drink more water.

As for what you said about food and eating, I agree. We could take the weight loss slower, but the results of it melting off this quickly are what we want so we have to work for it. And it is working. I mean, I've lost nearly a stone and it isn't even 3 weeks. No other plan can give you these kinds of results. And really in week one and two I wasn't 100% so it is a really new thing for me and still the results are good.

Hi all,

Just finished my 3 litres of water for the day. Opened a giant 2 litre bottle of diet cola - planning on sipping some of that now and then [kind of mixing it with the water to make a fizzy cordial].

So quick question - how much of diet cola type stuff do people drink? Does that count as part of your daily liquid/water intake?

Was really hungry so caved and had 1/2 slice of cheese and one seafood stick with some reduced fat seafood sauce and you know, after those two bites, I felt full. So yes, I cheated, but so little I think it hardly counts. So taking this as a 100% day for me. Feeling virtuous and good.

I've also managed to drink 3.5 litres today. 3 of water and 500ml of diet cola. Now onto the next 500ml of water. So doing well.

How's everyone else?

Hi all,

Just finished my 3 litres of water for the day. Opened a giant 2 litre bottle of diet cola - planning on sipping some of that now and then [kind of mixing it with the water to make a fizzy cordial].

So quick question - how much of diet cola type stuff do people drink? Does that count as part of your daily liquid/water intake?

Hello

I'm sort of hibernating a bit so no external challenges to face....I'm just trying to conceptualise life without free food choices....I don't think it will be bad thing for me....
I'm having one can of Coke Zero a day but I don't know if that's right......I think all the liquids count don't they ? The water you use to make your packs up as well ?

Been ready your thread kittyperry I'm starting Cambridge tomorrow, was on it about 10 months ago and lost a stone in 4 weeks which looked pretty good off me lol! I still have products left and still on date well to 2014 to be precise so day 1 begins in a few hours time. Hang in there well all get there I'm going to take each day at a time and created my own log so feel free to read :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello

I'm sort of hibernating a bit so no external challenges to face....I'm just trying to conceptualise life without free food choices....I don't think it will be bad thing for me....
I'm having one can of Coke Zero a day but I don't know if that's right......I think all the liquids count don't they ? The water you use to make your packs up as well ?

Hi Cake, all,

I think it is the best option to hibernate for a bit until you get somewhere on the diet. I've not had that option - June is a busy month with birthdays and outings and people visiting.

I've not been counting the water that goes to make the packs but other than that I counted the cola into the liquid count. Not the coffee I occasionally drink though as that is counter to the need to hydrate :)

Last night was a bit off the 100% wagon again. I had my usual 2 seafood sticks and slice of cheese, and three bite size pieces of chicken from the Greek kebabs I made for OH. Also has some lettuce, 2 olives, a few [like three] slivers of pickled cucumber, cucumber, pepper and onion. It was all under the 400 calorie count, but still being on the TOTM meant I just couldn't contemplate going to bed with an empty tummy.

Better today hopefully. Been given access to my study again after over a week of working in the dining room. That should should with the food resistance.

Been ready your thread kittyperry I'm starting Cambridge tomorrow, was on it about 10 months ago and lost a stone in 4 weeks which looked pretty good off me lol! I still have products left and still on date well to 2014 to be precise so day 1 begins in a few hours time. Hang in there well all get there I'm going to take each day at a time and created my own log so feel free to read :) x

Hi sczoo,

Good luck with starting the plan and Day 1.

Thank you for your support. All encouragement and motivation helps. Feeling a bit ropey today. Can't wait for next week - and normal me to re-emerge.

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. What have you had VLCD wise today?

So just finished my 2 litres. Trying to achieve at least 4 today.

Been 100% so far. Glad to be away from the temptation of the kitchen although I will have to go make bread and stuff in a bit. Cooking for others makes this diet so much harder.

Had the strawberry shake for breakfast. Not as nice as the chocolate but really nice for a change. Had my favourite chocolate orange bar for lunch, and think I'll try one of the new soups for dinner.

Hello kittyperry

Had Crispy Chocolate shake with disturbing crispy bits in for breakfast..........just had a vegetable soup......I've probably had about a litre and a half of water and had a delivery from SnS that had the orange flavour for water in which tastes quite nice......plan to have the Chilli meal with cauliflower later and a can of Coke Zero..oh and a Trufa Bar.....how exciting lol....I feel so sorry for you having to sort out someone else's food.....I haven't had to deal with that yet......I'm back to work next week and a bit concerned about colleagues reactions to the VLCD...still its about not emotionally investing in other people's responses and just doing what is best for me.......

Cheers

I'm back to work next week and a bit concerned about colleagues reactions to the VLCD...still its about not emotionally investing in other people's responses and just doing what is best for me.......

Cheers

Exactly. It is hard though I think to not let what other people think affect the way we feel or act. But this is good and hopefully by next week you'll have lost enough that it will keep you motivated.

Just made bread rolls for the OH's breakfast and lunch tomorrow [sweet and plain] and cheered myself by drinking 500ml of coke zero. Didn't even lick the tsp after adding the chocolate spread or jams into the sweet rolls.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well today.

I'm finding today a lot easier that yesterday, I guess the body is adapting again to being on the VLCD. I thought I'd cave since I had gobbled my second meal, the bar by about 11.30 but that and the water and diet cola has seen me through the difficult afternoon stretch. Now it is nearly dinner time so am going to be okay. Yey for being 100%.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Got a planned foraging walk in the afternoon which should be fun and take me away from food temptation.

I've also downed 3.5 litres of liquid, so that's a good outcome today too.

Hope you all navigate the evening without too much mishap. We can do it :) We are fabulous.

Hello kittyperry,

It sounds like you have cracked it ! go you !!!!!
Im off tomorrow to get reliable bathroom and kitchen scales.........

Have a relaxing evening......

Cheers

Hello kittyperry,

It sounds like you have cracked it ! go you !!!!!
Im off tomorrow to get reliable bathroom and kitchen scales.........

Have a relaxing evening......

Cheers

Thanks. I hope so. I've struggled long enough. But I think it is just taking each part of the day as carefully as possible. It is so easy to slip up.

Enjoy your shopping. Scales are so critical right now.

And have a good evening too.

Hi sczoo,

Good luck with starting the plan and Day 1.

Thank you for your support. All encouragement and motivation helps. Feeling a bit ropey today. Can't wait for next week - and normal me to re-emerge.

Aw thank you I'm getting there lol, today weren't to hard really felt abit hungry but put that down to head hunger lol (so I'm telling myself haha!) 6pm and 2 shakes down another 2 to go doing ok tho :) how's your day treating you? x

Aw thank you I'm getting there lol, today weren't to hard really felt abit hungry but put that down to head hunger lol (so I'm telling myself haha!) 6pm and 2 shakes down another 2 to go doing ok tho :) how's your day treating you? x

Hello,

Glad you're feeling okay and the day's not been too bad. I'm doing all right. Looking forward to my dinner-time soup. Nearly downed 4 litres of liquid as well, so feeling positive all 'round. Really glad to have another 100% day. Thought I'd not find the will-power for that, but it seems fine.

Good luck for tomorrow :) Day two can sometimes be a bit hard.

Hello,

Glad you're feeling okay and the day's not been too bad. I'm doing all right. Looking forward to my dinner-time soup. Nearly downed 4 litres of liquid as well, so feeling positive all 'round. Really glad to have another 100% day. Thought I'd not find the will-power for that, but it seems fine.

Good luck for tomorrow :) Day two can sometimes be a bit hard.

That's good glad you had a good day, felt a little dizzy earlier around 7ish and had headaches but still soldiering on!
What diet you doing and what plan? I had soup for tea too had veg soup and added some black pepper otherwise not amazing lol!
Yeahh I remember from last time day 2 and 3 were the worst to the point I wanted to give up and just grab a sandwich not happening tho!!

Back