Being realistic with our goals....

Today I was asked what my goal weight is and when I told them 13st 3lb ( I'm 5ft 6) they looked at me like I was mad!!
But I have my reasons for this goal
1. Its 10 stone from my heaviest weight
2. I dont know how much loose skin I will be left with once I lose weight.
3. I have had 6 children, 5 pregnancies (twins), 3 C sections realistically I'm not going to ever be the weight I was before that without surgery.
4th ... and most important I can always change it when I get there!
I want an achievable goal one I can see myself reaching so that I don't get disheartened.
I once set my goal to 9st 7lb the weight I used to be, then one day someone asked me what had happened to my body since I was that weight and it clicked in my head.
Now I can see me at my goal and it helps. (Well most of the time lol :) )

Your goal is precisely that, yours. I think it's a hell of a lot madder to tell someone what they should aim for!

If anyone feels the need to say anything or even look at you funny, then they've got a pretty severe attitude problem and that is one thing that can't be helped by diet and exercise!

I used to set unrealistic goals... and then wonder why I go so demotivated and failed when I realised that actually - being 16 and 8st 7lbs wasn't something that I was going to get back to - I'm never going to be 16 again and for my build and height, I don't actually think I'd ever want to be 8st 7lbs again... its funny how set we can get on something and then when actually thinking about it we realise how unrealistic that can be....

Very true it's amazing how weight is the one thing that people can still get away with being horrible to you about isn't it?
My first mini goal is 18 st 3lb which I want to achieve by 23/11 as that's my friends wedding and I've bought a dress in a smaller size :) a realistic smaller size :) I did have 2 st 3 to go when I started and now how 1 1/2 st to go :) then when I get there I will set another mini target.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

From what I've read about peoples successes on here you should be able to achieve your goal og 1.5st in 3 months! :) Good luck!

hi I have had four pregnancies that included 2 sets of twins and 3 c-sections and it can take its toll on your body can't it. I think it can be a lot more motivating for some to set goals that they feel is more achievable. if you have a long way to goal it can be really helpful to set small goals, pat yourself on the back and/or reward yourself i.e. manicure and knuckle down to your next small goal. do what feel's right for you, and you are right, once you reach that goal you'll have the option to stay there or lose more.

I've set my goal to what i ultimately want to be but i still set myself mini goals along the way but if im not at the goal at the time I hope i know that i will feel so much better in myself than how i felt at the start of my journey. I have worried about my skin too but i've started from last week to do some toning exercise to help a little. last time i did vcld my skin was ok but since i got to my highest weight i think i will tone up more as there was more to lose this time.

Good luck with your journey :)

Good on ya' 48! I completely agree. I'm almost 42, 5ft 5in, with two teenager daughters - and I have no desire whatsoever to be under 10stone again! My overall goal is to get to about 11st or a size 12-14. Even that will be a four stone weight loss! But I absolutely don't want to be drawn and saggy! I do set myself interim goals, real achievable ones, am over half way through my journey now. I'd rather be realistic, comfortable and happy :) Last time I lost a lot of weight my protruding hip bones freaked my husband out and my suddenly-there derriere bones got sore if I sat for long on a hard chair!!! I was not at all comfortable and I struggled to maintain, so this time it's comfort all the way baby!

Back