Being the biggest in a group of friends

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
I was wondering how many of us are the 'biggest' amongst our groups of friends?

I have a group of about 9 couples and we all get together for nights out about once a month - all our hubbys go to the football match together each week

I am by far and away the biggest girl there - next biggest is only about a size 14!!!:eek:
I alwayd compare myself to them all and even though i leave the house thinking i look ok when i see them in their slinky dresses etc i wanna just die! :cry:

I know how you feel. All of my friends are slim-ish (ie slimmer than me), and I always cover up when we meet, baggy t-shits or jumpers etc I can't wait for the day I can wear the same as them. The only person that is bigger than me is my sister in law, who is also doing SW where she lives.

me too:cry:

im the biggest out of my uni friends by a mile! i stick out like a sore thumb (or a hippo) on nights out - once im out and having a good time i feel ok, but its the getting ready beforehand trying to find something decent to wear that fits properly that is the total nightmare! and looking at the photos the next day :rolleyes: urghhh i try and use it as motivation, thinking soon if i keep on plan i wont feel like this any more, but it is soo hard to think positively sometimes!!

i know how you feel moomin hun xx

Out of my group, there are 3 of us "biggies" as we call ourselves. I'm not the biggest, but sometimes I feel like it! The rest of my friends are ALL super skinny. And I mean super skinny! It's not nice when I'm out with them and I feel the biggest. But I just think, that's the way it is, at least I'm doing something about it.

Worst thing is, they are all super skinny and can still eat whatever they want without putting any weight on. Soooooo unfair! Love them but hate them at the same time!

My sister is my sort of size - weirdly she is about 2.5 stones lighter than me but same clothes size.
We went to Greece last year all of our group as one of the couples was getting married there - one day everyone went to a water park and i was the only one who didnt go cos i couldnt bear being next to all the skinnys in my costume :cry:

I definitely feel the chunkiest and it doesn't help I'm also the shortest, it makes me so obvious :/ Having a baby face, chunky features and being short aren't I the luck of the draw XD

Aw hun, someone has to be the biggest and I'm sure your friends have never thought about things that way!
There's probably some skinny minnie (at least one) in the group who is oh-so-jealous of your cleavage and curvy moomin as* ;)

I am definitely the biggest from my group of friends and we have a laugh about it....I would love to be their size but know that a lot of them exercise a lot and that, quite frankly, I don't deserve to be that small with the little exercise I do!
But I also know that they're jealous of my generous rack ;)

Swings and roundabouts really, even though most women don't have obvious weight issues, I think very few of us are 100% happy with our bods :)

Well at least im not the only one who feels this way!
Thanks guys x x x

I have always been the biggest out of my friends, since primary school! At high school I had a couple of friends who were about the same size but my close friends were like matchsticks compared to me. I used to hate going shopping with them, trying to squeeze myself into 18s + 20s when I was a 22/24, just so I could buy something out of the shop, would never ever say "can we go to Evans for me?" lol. It was so depressing. But now I don't care, because I'm on my way to target!

You shouldn't feel so bad moomin, you are on your way to target! Soon these other girls will be comparing themselves to you! xxxxx

Im 6ft1, so have always been "the biggest" in every sense for as long as I can remember, I was always tall as a child too so was highlighted as being "big" from the outset. I remember in reception having to lie on the floor while they drew round me on a big piece of paper so I could be stuck on the wall for the rest of the term, highlighted as the tallest person in the class.

I will be brutally honest, I HATE being this tall, especially having been so overweight. I know shorter people often say "I would love to be as tall as you" - well, actually, couple that with horribly low self-esteem, and sticking out like a sore gigantic swollen thumb at every gathering you ever attend, no, actually, you probably wouldnt want to be this tall. I feel ungainly, awkward, unattractive, and like a big giant slab of space-consumption.

I cant say "amongst my group of friends" because I dont have one any more. What friends I do have all live miles away and so I never see any of them in a group, sometimes I only see them once or twice a year.

But wherever I go, I am uncomfortably the biggest by miles. Whether I am fat or thin. And its horrible.

Awwww MLM x x x x
Big hugs - well medium size hugs cos you've had enough of big!

Awwww!!! I used to be the biggest and always felt like I was wearing a marquee compared to my friend's dresses.
Im now around the same size, although still dont feel it. As long as you feel comfortable and dress to suit you will look and feel a million dollars.

Im beginning to wonder exactly what my reputation on here is !!
I is a good Moomin!!

My OH's mates and wifes are all slimmer then me, my family are too, my friends are apart from 2 of them and 2 work colleagues. But I must say, I have always felt bit, even when I got down to 11 stone, and I was skinny then apart from my belly - funny how you see yourself and actually others don't think or see you the way you do! But we all put ourself's throuh it don't we! x

I have always beent he biggest, im a size 18 now and my mates are 8/10.

Im quite lucky thought as the majority of my close friends are men, and there is one of them that is bigger than me and a couple around the same size.

I have never been thin, always above average. Im only 5'2 aswell so that doesnt help!

My boyfriend works with group of girls and very few guys and every month we go out as couples, and seriously there the most gorgeous girls every guys head turn when they walk..

when we go out with them i feel absolutely crap! esp when they have photos with ben and his hand fits perfectly on there hip (yes i do look into detail lol) and i think i wish his hand looks like that on me :(

I am the biggest of my friends too. Like Madame I am tall, 6ft and I've always been the tall one. I've always been big too! I do have one close friend who is bigger, a size16 maybe, but she carries it so well, and is beautiful and curvy.

x

I was always the biggest in any group of friends that I had except for one lady who was a good 7 or 8 stone heavier than me.

Now I have a friend who was about 2 stone lighter than me and I'm now a stone lighter than her :D I'm a crap friend that feels dam good!!

I am so looking forward to the day when I'm no longer the biggest, no longer the one in the tents, no longer the one that gets stared at when we are out - each day that comes closer :p

MLM so feel for you( I'm a tall one too, but fortunately I'm blessed with a great self confidence. I suppose I've got a bit of I don't give a da*n attitude. It's the only way. :) hopefully this journey that you are now on will help you love yourself again, because when you accept yourself for who you are it all starts getting easier. I bet you have big feet too, just like me! Feels SOOO unlady like, but who cares!!!! :):):)

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

Back