Being treated differently because of geing a big guy

Of course the perfect was to bypass the whole things is just to say a ridiculously high amount that no-one would ever expect you to lose ;)

This used to annoy me too and I used to say I didn't want to as well. Once when it was for a special week like Christmas target or something the C went on told me it wasn't fair on others if I didn't so I just said a really low number!

What nonsense - how could it be not fair on the others?

I think its bad that you was pushed into a target as it is all about how you feel, my consultant is the opposite and I dont set targets as I ness up every time maybe contact head office and let them no that you are not comfortable with what has happened x

One reason I left the SW group I used to go to was about this. The consultant would pressure you to say a specific loss and wanted numbers of 2lb or more usually. She said if you weren't making high targets, you weren't committed to your weight loss! This is nonsense, I know my body and know it will very rarely lose more than 1.5lb a week no matter how much I've been on plan. She also said a lot of other stuff that I didn't agree with regarding weight loss. I've returned to group at new year as they've changed the consultant who speaks a lot more sense. Your weight loss journey is personal to you and there shouldn't be any more added pressure to set unattainable targets.

I'd find a group he's happy with, good groups do exist and our leader is happy if ppl don't ever want to state a figure for next week.

I personally know what I'd like in my own mind like your brother, the next stone down or next award but I don't have a clue how to get s better loss or aim for a certain loss each week. I'm well aware that sticking to plan is giving the best chance but there's been weeks I've had loads of speed and not many syns and lost very average amounts and weeks I've eaten what I call on plan bad food like pasta n sauce etc and lost more.
Your paying for a service there's no point going away from the group feeling upset or angry about

One friend I went with asked the consultant not to include her when doing Body Magic. You could have a word and say you don't want to be asked for a target, the consultant would have to comply.

One friend I went with asked the consultant not to include her when doing Body Magic. You could have a word and say you don't want to be asked for a target, the consultant would have to comply.

Agree with this. Consultants don't want to alienate their members - for two reasons. One is that they want to help them, and the other is that members are their income.

I don't think it's anything to do with being a man, I've seen this plenty of times. My C is brilliant and isn't forceful with it, I guess they just want you to keep aiming high and working hard. If you aim for 0.5lbs you might think ah well, I've not got much to lose this week I'll have a biscuit haha.

If he's really upset by it maybe he should speak to her or just politely decline to give a target at all.

if you are a big guy you can lose two pounds fairly easy, week in week out. Your consultant is there to stretch you. If you have five stone to lose the expectations are different than if you have only a stone. Some people respond to pressure and targets, usually though, its men who respond the most.

Back