Bella's Marathon Training

Well done, that's fantastic. Bet you felt so good afterwards! Keep it up! :)

Here are my updates for the rest of week 4:

Week 4, Day 4
Today is Core stability work so did the plank 3x 10 secs…easy peasy! J

Week 4, Day 5
Today’s mission was 3 miles and I managed to track 3.04 miles in 53.42 mins and burnt 373 kcals.

Week 4, Day 6
Today is Rest and Stretch…and that’s exactly what I did!

Week 4, Day 7
So my rest day turned into quite an eventful night at the pub where lots of vodka was consumed and although I escaped a hangover, I think my body went into shock as haven’t drank like that for a long time so felt very, very tired! Didn’t let that stop me though because once again, my mum and her boyfriend walked with me. Today’s aim was a long relaxing walk for at least 90 minutes. We ventured over to Pitsford Reservoir (total route is about 8 miles) but we did part of it and managed 4.58 miles in 1 hour, 23 mins 59 secs and burnt 564 kcals! It would have been 1.5 hours had we not picked up our speed due to a bit of rain which we got caught up in! Very happy with the result though.

In summary, this week, I have walked 14.77 miles in 4.43 hours and burnt 1818 kcals

Last edited:
Week 5, Day 1

Today my mission is to walk 6 miles, but I am so tired and worn out so have decided to make this my rest day and walk tomorrow instead.

Week 5, Day 2
So today should be Core Stability only, but as I didn't walk yesterday, I walked this evening instead. My aim is 6 miles and managed to do 6.13 miles in 1 hour 43 mins 25 seconds and burnt 755 kcals! Am so happy and felt really good afterwards. Didn't feel tired either, so I'm obviously buidling my stamina nicely and feeling a lot more confident about this now!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm feeling really proud of myself! :) Can't believe I'm almost halfway through training already.

Week 5, Day 3

Today I had to walk 3 miles and my sister came with me so did a new route which was lovely, mainly because we had a good old gossip along the way! We tracked 3.04 miles in 51.44 mins and burnt 375 kcals.

Last edited:
Week 5, day 4

Today is core work: 4 planks x 10secs.

Week 5, Day 5:

Today's aim is a 4 mile walk and got really annoyed because my GPS failed on my phone (again!) and stopped tracking at 1.89 miles. I walked part of the route from my 6 mile walk on day 2 so looked at the map I recorded and estimate I did just under 4 miles in 1 hour 10 mins and burnt about 450 cals so will take that as my record today!

Week 5, day 6:

Rest and stretch day today....aaaaaah, lovely! :)

Week 5, Day 7:

Today I feel like a superstar, and I'm not afraid to admit it! My aim was a 2 hour long walk. No milage to aim for, just the time, so my mum and I went down to the reservoir again, this time walked the whole way round and did it in 2 hours 13 mins 41 seconds and tracked 7.45 miles! Woop Woop! It was such a nice walk, so many runners, cyclists and other walkers about, and of course the sailors on the water! We even got to see a few planes fly over from the aerodrome, which to be fair, sounded like we were in a war zone, but was nice to see. Felt a little bit envious when we got back to the car and saw a few families having bbq's at the country park though! It smelt so good, but went home and cleaned the house instead! Think it's safe to say I don't need to do anymore exercise today!

In summary, this week I have walked 20.62 miles in 4 hours 58 mins 50 seconds and burnt 2498 calories!

Last edited:
Ah, bless you! :) Walking is going well, will update with the stats over the weekend. Have had a very busy week organising a baby shower and going out with work. It's been nice to feel like I actually have a life for a change! lol Hope your walking is going well xx

Well, after a VERY busy couple of weeks, I can finally update with my stats. so here goes:

Week 6, Day 1:

Rest and stretch (quite happy with that!)

Week 6, Day 2:

Core Stability Plank 4x15 seconds (actually did 6 sets...my core must be improving!)

Week 6, Day 3:

Target today is 4 miles and managed to track 4.22 miles in 1 hour 12 mins and 23 seconds burning 520 cals. :)

Week 6, Day 4:

Today's target is 6 miles but didn't do it because I have been arranging a surprise baby shower for my brother's fiance and it was this evening so want to make up for it over the weekend.

Week 6, Day 5:

Target is 4 miles and managed 3.49 miles in 48 mins 50 secs and burnt 430 cals. Was a bit disappointed in myself as wanted to do at least 4, maybe even 5 to make up for the lost 6 miles but I was feeling quite tired so gave up! BIG FAIL! :(

Week 6, Day 5:

Today is rest and stretch, however, I still have those pesky 6 miles to make up and was feeling quite tired again (suffering with terrible insomnia lately), however, I had a few errands to do so rather than driving, I walked and tracked 2.81 miles in 51.22 mins, burning 301 cals. Am quite happy to be honest as managed to just about make up half of the milage I've missed out on this week.

Week 6, Day 7:

Today is another long walk, this time the target is 2.5 miles (approx 10 miles) so my mum and I went together and we managed to track 10.06 miles in 2 hours 47 mins 05 secs and burnt 1239 cals! I was so pleased with myself and managed it in just over the time set for us. My feet were absolultey killing me by the end though but felt really good!

In Summary, this week I have walked 20.91 miles in 5 hours, 26 mins and 45 seconds and have burnt a staggering 2490 cals! :)

Week 7, Day 1

Today is another rest and stretch and I cann't tell you how happy I am for that! I thought my legs and feet would really hurt today, but they surprisingly don't so am revelling in the fact I feel good and am ordered to rest!

Week 7, Day 2:

More core stability today. This time 4x20secs of plank work.

Week 7, Day 3:

Target today is 6 miles but only managed 4.77 miles and didn't plan out my route very well! Managed to do it in 1 hour 27 mins 44 secs and burnt 587 cals so not all bad!

Week 7, Day 4

Today's target is 4 miles but had to give it a miss as went out to Prezzo for dinner with people from work. Was so lovely! Cheesy Garlic bread to start followed by Chicken Ravioli! Resisted desert but did have 1 glass of wine! lol

Week 7, Day 5:

Have been naughty again today as was meant to walk 6 miles but didn't go, mainly because it was absoultely pouring down with rain. Now I know that shouldn't put me off because if it rains on the day, I can hardly back out of it, but I don't have any waterproof clothing at the moment but have made it my mission to get some this weekend! Maybe there's something about walking 6 miles that I just don't like!

Week 7, Day 6:

Today is another rest and stretch day, but I can hardly do that considering I haven't been 100% again this week, so decided to set off for a walk and managed 3.5 miles in 1 hour 2 mins and burnt 395 cals. I got caught in a massive downpour though so got soaking wet, but at least I actually went out in it today!

Week 7, Day 7:

Wow, how good do I feel today? Pretty damn good, that's what! Target today was a long 3 hour walk (approx 12 miles) which I did on my own because my mum is on holiday now. I resisted going out again last night just to ensure I had a clear head today and managed 12.01 miles in 3 hours 26 mins and 30 seconds and burnt 1480 cals! I know I'll never keep up with the 4 miles an hour target so just went with and decided to see how long it would take to do the full 12 miles. Those last 2 were a killer and really tough. My feet were so sore (must invest in some more plasters or bandages!) and my legs were aching so much, but I powered through it. I had to give myself a bit of a talking to, but it obviously worked because I did it! I collapsed onto my bed as soon as I got home and it took me about 15 mins before I could muster up the strength to take off my boots and peel the socks off my feet! The poor things looked white but it was nothing a nice hot bubble bath couldn't fix! I am absolutely shattered now though and can feel it so much in my legs, so will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. I did lots of stretching so hopefully they'll be ok, but I have an hours walk to do tomorrow so I hope they're not sore!

In summary, this week I have walked 20.28 miles in 5 hours, 56 mins and 14 seconds and hav burnt 2462 cals!

Week 8, Day 1

Today's mission was a 60 minute gentle walk. I was quite glad it wasn't too strenuous after yesterday's massive walk, and didn't need to track my milage, but I did anyway and walked for 2.80 miles in 51.33 mins and burnt 345 cals.

Week 8, Day 2

Plank work - 4x20 seconds - done!

Week 8, Day 3

Today's aim is 4 miles and I tracked 4.27 miles in 1 hour 14 mins, 24 seconds and burnt 527 cals! Very happy :)

Week 8, Day 4

Rest and Stretch day...aaaah, lovely!

Week 8, Day 5

Feeling quite tired today and had to do 6 miles, but only managed 4.71 miles in 1 hour 24 mins, 15 seconds and burnt 580 cals. At least I did something though. I've got lots to do tomorrow so aim to do a couple of extra miles just to make up for what I missed today.

Week 8, Day 6

Another rest and stretch day today, but as I didn't quite do my 6 miles yesterday, I decided to walk into town and back again as had some shopping to do. I didn't track my walking round town, but did track the walk in and out again including a trip to the supermarket on the way home. I tracked 2.5 miles in 44 mins and burnt 295 cals. Don't feel so guilty now, especially as I'm in town tonight and will be having a few cheeky vodka's!

Week 8, Day 7

Ooooh, feeling really tired today after last nights shenanigans! Woke up at half 9 so thought I'd be able to get my walk done early enough, but didn't anticipate the rain and as I still have no waterproofs (must invest!) stayed in bed.....til half 12! oooops! Anyway, when I eventually dragged my lazy bum out of the house, I was all set to go. Today's mission was a long 3.5 hour walk, approx 14 miles. I started off really well but by 5 miles I was struggling but tried to carry on, however the little devil in me was telling me to stop and my angel wasn't exactly fighting her off! By the time I got to 8 miles, I was back at my house and in the front door almost collapsing on my bed! However, my conscience got the better of me and after a quick pint of orange squash, I found myself back out the front door carrying on with the rest of my walk! Another 6 miles later and I finished 14.03 miles in a total of 4 hours 5 mins and 44 seconds and burnt 1730 cals. i can't believe I almost gave up after 8 miles but that 10 minute break really helped. Am feeling so proud of myself and am starting to think I really will be able to do the full 26.2 miles now. I just have to plan my breaks inbetween on the day to keep me focused! :)

This week, I have walked 28.31 miles in 8 hours, 19 mins and 56 secs and burnt 3477 cals.....not bad, not bad! :)

Last edited:
Hi SL

Good to hear from you. Training is going really well thanks, haven't had a chance to update though as am moving house tomorrow, my brothers fiance had a baby 2 weeks ago and my dads been over from south Africa visiting us all so I'm surprised I've been able to fit it all in! It's officially finished now and I'm on rest until Saturday but will get back on here and update you with my stats asap! Hope you're ok xxx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Hi, I just wanted to say how inspiring your diary is! I love walking and reading your diary has really made me want to try something like this. Good luck with your marathon :D

Back