Bella's SW diary

bella1982

Hi everyone,

I am new to SW (planning to start tomorrow) and new to MiniMins.

Some info on me- I am 35 years old - long as I remember I have been over weight but never by that much (half a stone or so) but over the last few months I have put on more than half a stone. I would say I have about a stone and a half to loose. Most of my clothes don't fit me. I am wearing the same 2 works suits during the week and my "fat clothes" at the weekend. Need to stop now before it gets any worse!!!!

I have holidays coming up (mid May) and would like to loose a stone by then (otherwise I am going to have to go shopping for a whole new summer wardrobe), and the rest before the start of the summer.

I have read a lot on the internet and I think Slimming World is a good plan that will help me make more healthy choices and will be sustainable longer term. I am going to try to do it on my own (can't afford to sign up this month but don't want to put if off any longer). Might sign up next month depending on how I am getting on.

Looking forward to meeting you all and will be looking for help and support and can hopefully help and support other people here too.

Bella
x

Day 1 done

Starting weight 134,2 lbs

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with 3 table spoons of zero fat vanilla yogurt (2 syns), coffee with skimmed milk (part HEXA)
Lunch: salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, grated carrot, sweet corn) with chicken tikka
Dinner: roast chicken and gammon with roasted veg (onion, peppers, courgettes, cherry tomatoes) cooked in 2 teaspoons of olive oil (4 syns), tea with skimmed milk (part HEXA)
Other drinks: black coffee, water

First thing I have learnt from slimming world? A portion of cereal is tiny!!! I would normally have at least double in my bowl!

Overall a good day. Food was good, I think- would welcome any feedback if I am getting things wrong. I also walked to and from work (total of around 6 miles) instead of taking the bus. I know every day is not going to be as easy but I am feeling very positive after day 1.

Bella
x

Day 2 done

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with 3 table spoons of zero fat vanilla yogurt (2 syns), 3 coffee with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: homemade vegetable soup (potato, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, chilies + splash of milk) made with 25g butter/oil (3 syns per portion)
Dinner: salmon fried in a teaspoon of oil (2 syns) with cous cous and vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, peas, carrots and baby sweet corn) served with tiny bit of butter (2 syns).
Syns: 9

Walked to and from work again. So far so good. Am out after work tomorrow so first real challenge. Have already decided that I will have a glass or 2 of wine, but will limit to max 2. And will do my best to choose food carefully.

Bella
x

Day 3 done

Not such an angel today ...

Started badly- I did not get up in time to walk to work and needed to take the bus. Meals during the day OK, but then out tonight and had a few unplanned "extras"

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with 3 table spoons of zero fat vanilla yogurt (2 syns), 2 coffee with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: salmon (oil 2 syns) and veg (carrots, broccoli, sugar snaps, baby sweet corn)
Snack: chicken tikka
Dinner: Shepherds pie with peas and carrots - not sure how to measure it - there was definitely butter in the mash and peas and probably other hidden syns - maybe 10 overall? I also had a glass of prosecco (5 syns) and 2 glasses of red wine (14 syns) and 1 mini macaroon (4 syns?)
Syns: 37! (and I am not even sure that that is right)

Not good!!

But if I have not started SW/this diary I would not have even thought twice about having a starter + dessert and maybe another glass of wine and so it could have been a lot worse. Also no other social occasions this week and so will try to keep syns to 70 across the week. 3 days down and I have used 52. 18 left so 4.5 a day. Will not be easy but I think it is doable.

Well done Bella you're doing great so far and whilst I don't know much about SW it looks very good and I might say very tasty too. I'm sure that at this rate that extra poundage will soon be gone and the "fat" clothes as well!
Keep up the good work ..

Onwards and Downwards!
thanks for visiting, and for the words of encouragement

Day 4 done

Food wise all good - but again today I got up too late to walk to work and could not motivate myself to walk home. Need more focus on exercise.

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with 3 table spoons of zero fat vanilla yogurt (2 syns), 3 coffee with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: chicken tikka and salad (lettuce, grated carrots, cherry tomatoes), small apple
Dinner: Skinless chicken breast and veg (carrots, brussels sprouts, broccoli)
Other drinks: black coffee, water, tea
Syns: 2

Day 5 done

Not such a good day- I find it relatively easy to stay on track cooking at home but as soon as I go out (tonight was a last minute invitation from friends) much more difficult to manage ...

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA), 2 coffee with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: Skinless chicken breast and veg (carrots, brussels sprouts, broccoli)
Snack: Chicken tikka, small apple
Dinner: dont even know how to count - completely off plan but at least the quantity was not huge - shared starters - I picked at fried peppers (oil) and chicken nuggets (battered and oil), then I had steak and broccoli (def cooked with butter) and some chips + 3 glasses of wine. I am not even going to bother to syn it, but at least I have written it all down. not great. however would have been a lot worse if I had not been trying to be "good"
Other drinks: black coffee, water, tea
Syns: ??

I need 2 perfect days before weighing on Monday

Day 6 done

good day - food on plan and I went for a long walk in the sun this afternoon

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA), 2 coffee with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: 2 eggs scrambled, oat toast (5 sys), pear, satsuma
Dinner: 2 dry fried turkey steaks, mixed veg (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), blueberries
Other drinks: water, tea with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Syns: 5

Feels like I have eaten a lot today ...

hi is your fat free yogurt not syn free thought most were
Hi Jo,
No - the one I was eating last week (yeo valley zero fat vanilla) is not syn free. It is 6 syns for a 450g tub. Actually it was 4 serving so I over counted a bit - should have been 1 1/2 each day. I'm going to look for a no syn alternative this week

Day 7 done

A bit nervous about weighing tomorrow - but no matter what the scale shows I know that last week I ate more healthily, drank less alcohol and exercised more than I have for as long as I can remember - that must be good. Also - with some tweaking of syns for nights out - I think this is a programme that I will be able to follow long term.

Food on plan again today and I went for a long afternoon walk in the sun

Breakfast: 2 "muffins" made with eggs, total zero yogurt, chopped gammon and cheese (2 syns), 3 coffees with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: left over turkey with veg (asparagus, broccoli, peas), pear
Snack: Muffin (1 sys for the cheese)
Dinner: roast chicken with roasted veg (red peppers, yellow peppers, courgette, onion) (4 syns for oil)
Other drinks: water, tea with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Syns: 7

Realised as I am writing this that I did not have HEXB - stuffed after my dinner and don't want to eat something for the sake of it - need to plan better and remember to have something else when I don't have my usual cereal for breakfast

Hi Bella, just been reading your diary, as I'm starting SW tomorrow and also doing it on my own. Best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow :)

Day 8 done

Weight this morning 130.4 that is almost 4 lbs loss, 3.8 to be exact - I am very happy with that. Have decided on an interim goal of 120 lbs (or 10 more lbs) by the time I go on holidays. That is 6 weeks away and so I would need 1.5 lbs a week. I am not pretending that it will be easy (especially as I have quite a few mights out and 1 weekend away in those 6 weeks) but I definitely think it is doable.

Food on plan again today and I walked home from work

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA), 2 coffees with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: roast chicken (left over from Sunday roast) and veg (asparagus, broccoli, peas)
Dinner: turkey and stir fried veg (mushroom, bean sprouts, carrots, cabbage, onion) fried in oil (5 syns approx - whole portion was 8 but I did not eat it all, some saved for lunch tomorrow which I will count as 3) and served with soy sauce- delicious!, pear
Other drinks: water, black
Syns: 6

Hi Bella, just been reading your diary, as I'm starting SW tomorrow and also doing it on my own. Best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow :)

Hi Kate,
Thanks for popping in! I was down almost 4lbs this morning - really happy with that.
Wishing you a great start too!

Day 9 done

Was roped into client drinks this afternoon - a few people had dropped out and needed to make up the numbers. Usually I am very happy to go along, canapés, free drinks ... tonight I was dreading it! Managed OK though. Had an extra snack this afternoon that helped me avoid all the food. And took one small glass of wine, but picked riesling (which I hate!) and ended up drinking less than half of the tiny glass. I am going to count it as 2 syns. Left after an hour - duty done - and I walked home

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA), 2 coffees with skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: turkey stir fry (3 syns for the oil), apple
Afternoon food avoidance snack: chicken, apple
Dinner: roast chicken with roast butter nut squash and roast sweet potato (2 syns for oil)
Other drinks: water, black coffee, tea with milk (end of HEXA)
Syns: 8

Thanks for the advice. Not sure I could face fish first thing in the morning but perhaps that's just habit. Maybe eggs. Will think about it before I go shopping at the weekend.

Day 10 done

Not such a good day and I have a head ache this morning to prove it! Ate too little and drank too much.

Lunch: roast chicken with roast butter nut squash and roast sweet potato (2 syns for oil)
Dinner: 3 large glasses of wine (24 syns) and ordered a small rib eye steak with salad. It came with chips even though I had said I didn't want them. But didn't matter I barely touched the steak and didn't touch the chips. Not at all like me!
Other drinks: water, black coffee
Syns: 26

Don't blame yourself for a bad day. We all have them. The important thing is to put it behind you and have a good day today. Its so difficult to not think I've been bad once, I might as well be bad again. But it looks like you've got the right mindset. Good luck this week!

Back