Best exercise dvd to tone to prevent loose skin

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by S-H, 15 October 2011 Social URL.

1. S-H

S-H Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've been reading about how to try and prevent loose skin when loosing a large amount of weight (7 stone) and it's often said about doing strength and toning exercises with weights etc.

I don't really know what to do so thought a dvd would be a good start so I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend any good toning dvd's that actually get results. Thank you xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I personally lurveeeee kettleworx, it's
    Totally changing my body. Check out thread secret to shaping up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. SlimmingChloe

SlimmingChloe Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Zumba for cardio and toning, quite pricey though :(
    10 minute solutions, the one with weights and Pilates, cheap as anything - about a fiver each! They're my fav...you can range your workout from 10 minutes to an hour :D

Outside of DVD's though, if you have an xbox with the Kinect sensor then Fitness Evolved is incredible, shows calories burned you set it up to what you want to do for your body and it makes you a personalised programme, I highley recommend it :) It also judges your fitness level etc so theres no pressure of not being able to keep up (as I find!)

Good luck hun x

5. Geordiegirl1892

Geordiegirl1892 Full Member

:confused::confused:

Last edited: 17 October 2011
  6. MartinD

MartinD Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Your skin is not the same organ as your muscle. So choose a range of exercises e.g kettlebells, cardio to work your body.

To aovid the skin problem....loose weight at a steady rate not too fast; work on the skins elasticity with creams (cant help you here, know nothing about them); stimulate the skin for bloodflow (a loofah perhaps?); talk to your doctor - they might have some prescription stuff to help.

Good luck, the weight loss will be worthwhile regardless

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.