Best Friend's 40th

dawnyblue

Hi

my best friend is 40 later this year and I want to get her something special but I'm a bit stuck.

She's a housewife with 4 children ranging from 8 - 14 and rarely has time to herself so I'd thought of a pamper day.

But, then again I thought maybe it might be nicer to get her something to keep, but something quite original? She loves her garden so maybe a rose that you can get named?

I know I'm the best person to decide as I know her but I thought maybe someone might be able to think of something special that they did for someone

thanks in advance x

Any ideas?

Well, pampering's always popular :)

For one friend's 40th I got him a copy of the record that was top of the charts when he was born, a 'lucky sixpence' from the year he was born, and a little bottle of 40-year-old malt whisky. All from ebay - loads of retro ideas on there.

Have you looked on lastminute.com - they've got a few unusual gift ideas on there.:cool:

Depends how flush you are feeling really. I bought my mum and dad a rose for their anniversary called Silver Wedding, (but I think they do a Happy Birthday one)

When my sister was 30 I got her 30 presents, wrapped them all up and gave them to her in a big box. Although some of the things I bought her were expensive, I got lots of little bits from boots, (the mini bottles of things) all in all I did spend quite a lot on my sis, but you could make it less expensive and put in bars of chocolate, face maks sachets. that sort of thing!

have fun!

xxx

Thanks both of you, nice idea's, when it was my son's 18th I filled a box with things from the year he was born and the year of his 18th so maybe I could do something similar. Or just the box filled with 40 items could go down well then I could add a couple of 'pampering' vouchers like a manicure etc.

which reminds me my 2nd son is 18 in July, perhaps I should have given him some thought first :eek:

Don't know wether you'll like this for your son.... when my cousin was 21, his stepmother filled 21 black and white balloons (newcastle fan y'see) with 21 pound coins,

It was quite good fun watching him pop the balloons and scrabbling for the coins!

xxx

Back