Beth's food diary aka mission 'get gorgeous' ;)

Flippin' eck Beth - slow down mate! You know, this may be one of the reasons you weigh a little bit more. Apparently when you take up exercise your body retain fluid to protect the joints - this should settle down soon though, but just a thought :confused:

Good for you! I'm very proud :bighug:

Ali* said:
Flippin' eck Beth - slow down mate! You know, this may be one of the reasons you weigh a little bit more. Apparently when you take up exercise your body retain fluid to protect the joints - this should settle down soon though, but just a thought :confused:

Good for you! I'm very proud :bighug:

I'd only done one Zumba glass when I weighed (my usual token weekly exercise) although it was on the evening before WI and I hadn't been for a couple of weeks so it could have been a shock to the system I suppose.. X

Terrible mood :( could eat 15 bars of chocolate and I'm not even hungry. Snapping at everyone, everything seems a massive effort!! Grr!!

Feels like PMT and I am due PMT or would be if I wasn't taking 2 packets of the pill back to back.. Not sure whether this is normal? But it's definitely jeopardising my diet (and my relationships!! Lol)

Well back again - need to start doing this diary even when I'm not on plan.. I've had another!!! weekend off because I've been eating out/rushing around but I have been being sensible - just not counting syns.. Need to kick myself into touch - it'll be easier when I'm back in uni full time because I'll have to sort my routine out!

I already know I'll be 'off plan' this evening as I have to eat out for my little sister's birthday.. But I'll write everything down anyway.

B: 'fried' egg sandwich (hexb) and a banana.

L: low fat supernoodles

D: minestrone soup
Capaletti pasta (courgette, asparagus, olives, sundries tomato and Parmesan shavings..)
Small glass of wine..

So not exactly a syn free day.. But..
My head's just not in the game.. Don't know why :( x

Last edited:
Hi you x

Thought you might be taking some time out - don't blame you. I've been feeling the same :sigh:

When you are ready to climb back on I'll be here for you xx

Why not set yourself a little Xmas challenge?? It's the only thing that's keeping me motivated at the moment!

Ali* said:
How are you doing today hun? Have you had a good day?

Feeling a lot better.. Went for a big tesco shop to stock up and found some lemon and coriander Cous Cous for 2 syns so have mixed it with a tin of chickpeas and some spring onions and feta for tomorrow's lunch with some salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.. Really looking forward to getting back on plan tomorrow :) that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy the bit of my little sister's birthday cake I'm saving for a cup of tea in a bit..

Thanks for checking in hun :) xx

Ali* said:
I like that couscous and what you are doing with it sounds lovely. Might pinch that idea myself ;)

Happy birthday little sis! I lurve birthday cake!

I can strongly recommend it. I can also strongly recommend the birthday cake, but only one of the two has less than a gazillion syns!!

How you doing? X

I can strongly recommend it. I can also strongly recommend the birthday cake, but only one of the two has less than a gazillion syns!!

How you doing? X

I'm not too bad hun ta. I was thinking this morning how frustrating this is sometimes. Beginning of August I saw 11.4.75 (once ;)) then I balanaced on 11.7 before hols. 2 weeks away took me up 4 lbs. It took 2 weeks to lose that 4 lbs. Then I had a STS! So it's nearly October and I'm not even back to square 1 yet! Aaaaarrrrgghhh!!!

Ali* said:
I'm not too bad hun ta. I was thinking this morning how frustrating this is sometimes. Beginning of August I saw 11.4.75 (once ;)) then I balanaced on 11.7 before hols. 2 weeks away took me up 4 lbs. It took 2 weeks to lose that 4 lbs. Then I had a STS! So it's nearly October and I'm not even back to square 1 yet! Aaaaarrrrgghhh!!!

I know the feeling. The scales said 11.2 this morning so put a couple of pounds on.. But that's my fault.. My lowest was 10.7 so I'm a long way away from that.. The weight's really crept on :(

27/09/2011

It's like my body knows I'm back on plan - been starving all day! Finally full but still got a picky mouth if that makes sense, looking for its next thing to eat!

B: 2 egg omelette w/ hexa cheese

L: salad leaves, cherry toms and Cous Cous salad (lemon and coriander Cous Cous (1 syn) w/ spring onion, chickpeas and hexa feta.. Lovely!

S: spicy tomato mugshot
few spoonfuls of the Cous Cous salad or made for tomorrow's lunch (plain Cous Cous, lemon juice, celery, spring onion and chickpeas - no feta added yet so free!)

D: quorn chilli (what else!) w/ brown rice and broccoli and cauliflower.

2 x hexbs left so might have a weetabix bar (or even two!) later on if I get a sweet tooth!

What a lot of food :( xx

Getting the motivation is the hard part isn't it! Youre still having some tasty food though :) your diet sounds lovely!! What low fat noodles do u have?? X

HellybooX said:
Getting the motivation is the hard part isn't it! Youre still having some tasty food though :) your diet sounds lovely!! What low fat noodles do u have?? X

Just the low fat supernoodles - not too impressed with the flavours though so it's usually just a stockcube and some curry powder instead of the sachet that comes with..

I'm feeling motivated at the minute, it's just hard to keep it up for long enough to make a difference..

Thanks for reading though :) hope you're doing well? X

28/09/2011

WI tomorrow to see the damage I've done to myself!!

B: 2 eggs on hexb toast w/ 1 syn of ketchup

L: Cous Cous salad (lemon juice, celery, spring onion, chickpeas) salad leaves, cherry toms

D: some more Cous Cous salad whilst my mild cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce cooked. 1/2 syn

Hexa cheese and a weetabix oaty bar in bed (might only have the cheese!)

Last edited:
28/09/2011

WI tomorrow to see the damage I've done to myself!!

B: 2 eggs on hexb toast w/ 1 syn of ketchup

L: Cous Cous salad (lemon juice, celery, spring onion, chickpeas) salad leaves, cherry toms

D: some more Cous Cous salad whilst my mild cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce cooked. 1/2 syn

Aahh, you'll be fine hun! Hopefully you'll have 'something' off to give yourself a boost ... then there'll be no stopping us! A lb a week until Xmas! :rolleyes:

Ali* said:
Aahh, you'll be fine hun! Hopefully you'll have 'something' off to give yourself a boost ... then there'll be no stopping us! A lb a week until Xmas! :rolleyes:

As long as I'm not heavier than the 11.2 I weighed the other day.. If I am I'll be reaaaally annoyed! Lol..

Hope you feel a bit better today? Less bloated? Xx

Back