Betty's S&S diary

Thank you, I will try not to! I will be strong, thankfully ever since having kids I only feel a bit crap on the first day, normally after that I feel normal. Will see about losses... When I weighed this morning I was 223 instead of 220. Oh well. Had my first vanilla shake and... Well, it was disgusting, haha. It's probably my own fault as the instructions said to use 250-350ml water and I straight away used 350 to bulk it up. Not a good idea. I made a shot of espresso and put that in there so that made it slightly more bearable... Will try to make the next shake with 250ml and see if it's any better :) Last time I had shakes I did SlimFast with skimmed milk so they tasted a lot creamier and nicer...

thats crappy timing for you, i dont really get one that often as i have the implant, just a couple a yr, reminds me i need to get it replaced in may.
i weighed in too and was 2lb more than i though so had to adjust to that on my ticker, i am sooo looking forward to next week having to change the numbers on there there is no doubt in my mind that i wont have to, not like other diets is there.
so you not to sure about the vanilla bettie thats a good idea with the expresso i will have to give that a go, i love coffee it will seem like a fix too. kay

It's trial and error to find what you like really. Keep going those pounds will melt away :)

It's not great but I didn't want to use that as another excuse to delay the start. I am sure if Week 1 losses aren't great because of it then surely it should show on Week 2?! Slightly upset about having to add extra 3 pounds as start weight but like lots2lose36 said, just need to keep going and all the pounds will just disappear! In the past I probably would have eaten more because of it whereas now I am actually going to do something about it! x

Right. I feel hungry. Haha. I've had a shake and a bar. Drunk loads and loads, keep going to the toilet. But I'm really really hungry! :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Keep positive, ride the wave and it will pass.
Brush your teeth and paint your nails.. Jump up and down anytging to take yoyr mind off it.

I am trying! All I can think of is food. I will be strong but why on earth does it have to be so hard! I don't even want to particularly eat, just can't stop thinking about it.

I know the feeling, but think of a hot summers day and how much better it will feel to be wearing nice clothes, feeling cool and not being uncomfy.

It is very hard though. I am on Day 4, and not half as hungry as day 1 and 2.

Thank you hun, I will keep reminding that to myself! If I had once stuck to any of the diets I ever started I would be skinny by now! So this time it's time to do it!

Hi Betty,

i've just read through your diary! bad news about Royal Mail - always have been rubbish around here!! :( but good news S&S sorted it and it finally arrived :)

i have my first day tomorrow and im dreading this sort of time. . . after lunch when im at work and cant have anything until when i get home at 5:30/6! :S maybe have some coke zero . . . its a good bloater lol!!

i find that i end up torturing myself when im hungry i think about food! drive myself crazy haha! opps.

which bar did you have? i tried some samples before i ordered so found what i liked as i think that would have been my perfect excuse not to bother!!

from reading your diary you seem lovely and very determined so just remember that determination and you deserve to feel good about yourself. i suppose its getting over the first couple of days . . . could you remind me of my own advise tomorrow when im moaning that im hungry hehe?!

x x x

Hi Emma,

Yes, it was an absolute nightmare, today should have been the end of my first week! And Royal Mail are normally so good here, never had any problems so I was absolutely fuming! But all is well in the end! Got all the packs. I wouldn't mind this time so much as I know I am so busy at work but silly me decided to take a day off today so here I am sitting at home and all I can think of is food, haha. Thankfully I will be working every day now until Friday so fingers crossed I should be ok. When my packs got delayed I did SlimFast while I waited, I didn't have a problem with having a coffee before work, Coke Zero when I was at work, coming home to having 2 shakes and a meal. It's when I am off everything goes wrong! I have had 3 cans of coke, 2 pints of water, a cup of coffee, a bar and a shake - and I am still absolutely starving, lol.

I know what you mean about driving yourself mad, I do that too. Like when you're upset you keep listening to sad songs to upset yourself even more, haha. I keep toying with the ideas of food in my head. Thinking whether to have a meal now which would leave me with one more item to eat later or not...

I had the White Chocolate and Lemon one, it was alright. Nothing bad but didn't love it as much as everyone seems to be loving it. It had a bit of a funny taste to it. Have you enjoyed everything you have tried? As I mentioned previously, I made the vanilla shake with 350ml water and it was DISGUSTING. So watery and awful I nearly gagged, lol.

Thank you for the kind words, you seem lovely too! And I shall definitely be reminding you, haha. I am sure you will be fine! I just keep looking at My Body Gallery and other skinny minnies to keep trying to remind myself why I am doing this...

Good luck for tomorrow!!! x x x x

Betty, I found the same with the shakes and the meals. I made them too watery.

I have made them again, and I found its defo better to go with the lower amount. The Hazelnut shake was soo nice with 250 ml. Wasnt keen on the Vanilla either.

Yes 250 for the shakes and the meals , I put the lowest value it recommends , diff for each meal, so its thicker and more meal like.

tinkerblonde said:
Yes 250 for the shakes ,and the meals , I put the lowest value it recommends , diff for each meal, so its thicker and more meal like.

oooo i really think im going to be like that tomorrow! i know a few girls that have come over from SF and the first day they had to have their meal at about 4 and then a shake at like 7 and then straight to bed :S . . . only thing is once i've had my lunchtime shake then that is it until 5:30/6 when i get home from work . . . and thats if i leave work on time! ahhhhh panic setting in lol . . .

omg no def have not loved everything i've tried. . . i hated the Lemon bar!!! not my thing at all!!! but i loved the Choc Truffa bar. . . im a dark choc lover and after a couple of bites i was actually feeling like its sickly so thats a good thing!!! really liked the caramel but i made it with way less water than they say! also made the crispy vanilla and crispy choc with way less water. I have ordered the vanilla but havent tried it but know it will taste the same as the crispy one but without the bits obviously. But yes def less water than they say, think im going to add about 150ml mix it up and then add more and more until right texture. When i had the caramel i was surprised as was really creamy! so obvs less water is best.

i liked the chilli and thought actually it looks like "normal" chilli con carne! Spag bol was nice but didnt taste like a "normal" spag bol but did taste nice. Im defo having the 150g-200g veg though!! im going to oven bake two large mushrooms tomorrow and dry fry some shallots to have with the chilli and maybe if im feeling crazy and have enough veg allowance left i might throw in some brocolli haha - sounds sad but actually looking forward to that dinner tomorrow!!!

also some of the girls have said the caramel shake made with hot water is really nice before bed.

My plan is to have a shake for brekkie, a shake for lunch, meal with veg for dinner and then if i want/need it a bar to satisfy me if i feel peckish etc. so i have ordered the 112 items and just going to see how i go! :)

aww thats ok lovely!! i wish i had taken some before pictures of my body when i started Slim Fast but tbh i didnt wanna look at them lol!! might do it this time. . . not too sure. i find everyone on here is soooooo nice and supportive and its a real help isnt it!?

thank you for your wishes of good luck . . . i think i'll need them!!!

Em x x x

On days when I go to work I try not to eat in the morning, I don't normally like to have stuff in the morning anyway. So will have a coffee, go to work, have a bar during the day. Then when I come home have a meal for dinner and then a shake before bed. Fingers crossed that will do the trick. I just had the cottage pie - it was not amazing but it was really good :) very comforting and I do feel full. 160ml of water was just perfect, was thick enough to be filling.

Your dinner idea sounds lush! I don't think i will be having anything for the first month or so. It will be easier to keep on track when i don't have any extras. otherwise I am going to start cheating again. But do let me know how it turned out!

This forum is an absolute godsend. Just earlier when i was feeling starving I read all the success stories and encouraging words of everyone, had my cottage pie and now I feel 10 times better already! We can do this! And I have not taken pictures either yet, too scared I think lol. I will write the measurements down tonight though, will be interesting to see how they go down compared to the pounds. Too many times I have heard when people have lost that much in weight but the inches have still gone down!

x x x

oooo i tried the cottage pie but didnt buy any as not a fan . . . but i hate cottage pie normally so no idea why i even bothered trying it! haha

Yer i think tbh i need the veggies and i know i will stick 100% to the weights and it may stop me needing the 4th item so win win :)

omg yes i know, Yesterday i was really undecided as to if i would be able to do this diet or not and was in two minds but read a few posts and spoke to a few girls and then i was thinking i can def do this. . . get over the first few days and i'll be fine. but it is when im on my own that the devil is in me!! so i think when im down/hungry or wanting to give in i will read a few posts and distract myself!! and im going to start my own diary so that i can ramble on etc :)

right lovely i've got to go to the doctors now. . . . i cant wait to go to sleep so i can wake up and have my first shake :)!!! EXCITED :D!!!!! Also i cant wait to get home and get all my packs out of the box and sort them all out :) . . . . brekkie shakes. . . . lunch shakes. . . dinner meals. . . . bars . . . haha how sad :S i worry about myself sometimes!

I hope the rest of your day goes well . . . not long left really! take care
x x x x

Well done on almost completing your first day Betty!!! Join the club as TOTM has arrived here today too and i feel awful and sore and tired and my losses have suffered but i don't care i will get on with it best i can lol.

Glad to see you got your order in the end :)

Back