Big Boys Need Love Too!

it's cold and dank in leeds this morning too jim. and the office is nearly empty. feels a bit like i work in a ghost town sometimes...

abz xx

Same here abz, I'm the only one in at the moment. I'm off to Swansea Thursday and Friday, just getting all the kit ready.

here is a link love

CLICKY

We have stores all over. I'm off to Swansea because we are opening a new store there.

Ah, but that's what I am abz, IT support. :)

hee!! well it looks more interesting than that IT i support then :D ha. If you are IT support then why are you going to a new shop opening? Are you setting up their new systems?

Exactly that abz, setting up the tills and connecting everything to our WAN. This is going to be our first "Wireless" store, no networking cables, bluetooth keyboards and mice, wireless printers etc. The only cabling is power.

Sounds all tecky Jim - a far cleverer animal than the Gemster x

Hi Gem, oh yes its all techy stuff and I love it :)

sorry jim. i actually had to work, ha.

sounds like you've been having an interesting day then :D did everything go to plan?

abz xx

Hi Abz, no we start Thursday, going to be staying there overnight. The big opening day is Monday next so it had better be all working. :)

oh elle!! i forgot to say. i opened a magazine the other day and there was a story titled....

Abi and Elle!!

I had to go to the page to see what it was. It was something to do with small children but I thought it was awesome :D

abz xx

WOO THAT'S SUPER DUPER COOL!! small children? bah! i know what it was about!... 2 super fantastic people Elle and Abi, 23 and 25 respectively, battling to lose weight but being super damn cool in the process. oh, and also, they're super damn hot. It's all about the super.

Taz! PHEW missy! I was so worried about you, especially where you said not to call and text on your status!!! Hope you're not in too much pain any more. I tripped and fell on the bath this one time, right on the ribs it got me. Baths can be proper mean sh*tes sometimes.

Gem, thanks for the xmas wishes and GOOD LUCK for friday. How's life, anyway?

Jenn, thanks for the tip (and the recipes). I informed my family i'd be making cookies for christmas and they're a bit wary but incredibly excited haha. And i've been checking out where i can get peanut butter chips from!

Tyn! Nice to hear from you hun :) It's ashame you've been feeling so down in the dumps. Never forget we're always here if you need to talk love. Nomatter if you're on a diet or off a diet, you don't need to be losing weight. We're here for support, ok? SO USE US BEEHATCH! haha. xx

Frijj, hey!! How are you doing? Still managing the gym?

Jim, your work sounds far to techy for me, what with all this WAN bla de bla. Just give me a set of instructions and i can do it, but i don't understand for the life of me all this weird and wonderful IT words. Thus if i do ever encounter a problem that i need to solve, it always takes me 50 hours more than it should to sort it because first i have to translate what they hell it's saying hahaha. However, I have fixed my own computer a couple of times which i'm quite proud of :D

Erm, who have I forgotten...?

I have a stomach bug :( Read more about it in my diary as i cant be bothered to write about it again haha. i'm waaay too tired. MUST....SLEEP...NOWWWW zzzz

xxx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I took delivery yesterday of a very small cabinet that fits neatly and compactly in the corner of the room. It has a gadget inside that makes the sewing machine go up and down as I need it. It can also bring the machine part way up so that it becomes like a flat bed machine. The doors open out and clip to the up and over table top to make a larger table and the inside of the door has storage for bits and pieces.

The cabinet is my Christmas present to myself this year cos I'm having a new sewing machine from OH. It'll be great cos I haven't had a working sewing machine for years and It'll keep all my sewing needs in one little area and give me a work station when I need it.

I think I might go swimming today and get a bit of exercise. It'll be good to kick start the feel good factor and, who knows, it might sort out the SPS (sticky pound syndrome) that seems to have infected me lately. At the moment I am heading for STS this week but there are 2 days to go before weigh in so there's hope yet :)

I go away on Saturday and will probably fall prey to the guinness monster around Sunday evening, then again on Tuesday evening - and do you know, I just aint bovvered - it's nothing that can't be sorted in the new year :D My advice to myself is - Don't go totally barmy but lighten up -

:smiley522:ITS CHRISTMAS :smiley522:

:smiley1842: Have a lovely Wednesday everyone:smiley1842:

:Christmas02r:

Only 7 days before Santa checks to see what list you're on

good morning everyone. i'm trying to read the programming i did yesterday etc and my eyes are glazing over. i'm only just about to start drinking the first coffee of the day so perhaps that's it...

after today i'm not working again until monday, then i'm off until christmas day. i didn't manage to get the books i wanted from tesco. i was really disappointed with their book selection actually. it was tiny. then you head to the dvd section...

looks like i'm going to be heading out to borders or waterstones or something at some point. i did, however, find my aunty something. so there's just the two books to get now and they should be easy enough to find :)

saying that, we should probably post a christmas card to denmark shortly...

abz xx

Morning all,

Now that's what I call techy, all this sowing machine stuff. That would leave me floundering. :)

Elle, if you ever have any computer problems, just give me a shout, I am an IT manager you know. :)

Not much to report here, I fancied a drink last night so I went to the Horse and Jockey and had a couple of glasses or red wine. Yummy.

Today will be spent sorting out all the kit I need to take down to Swansea tomorrow.

I might take my laptop with me, if I remember so I can still log onto this board.

good morning jim.

guys. i've just found out that my old work's christmas party pics are up on facebook so i'm going to nick some and put them in my profile :)

i apologise for the fact that i look ridiculous in almost all of them as i am flinging myself around a dancefloor...

abz xx

Hey abz, we posted at the same time.

I didn't know you were a programmer, what language? I have been at various times. 1. COBOL, 2. dBase. 3. C and C++. 4. V Basic and 5 Pascal. Told you I was an old fart, oh and let's not forget SQL.

:)

well jim. if i can help it i'm not a programmer. ha. i'm an IT support techie/developing whatever they want/answering silly questions/messing around with anything that happens to happens with servers, networks, building machines etc. but right now i'm writing a database and corresponding web forms. on paper i can programme in c++ and java but in practive i haven't used either of these for about six years and couldn't do it to save my life. ha. so at the moment i'm messing around in sql, asp, .net, javascript, html and a wee bit of c#... but that's a very very small bit.

i am most definately not an expert but i'm working on it :) hence the rereading what i did yesterday. no mess ups so far though and everything still works, ha.

Back