Big Boys Need Love Too!

hey all,

Cant believe i am up this early. I woke up at 8am before the son which was a plesant bonous considering i went to bed sometime after 1am. hehehe We were playing trival pursuit on the xbox last night and it is 2 all for the moment but i plan and whooping my OH bum later tonight! =-) And seeing it is such a gorgeous day outside today, i am hoping to get some good work done. Finish of chris' room, and figure out how to put the cover correctly on his purflo mattress ( go look them up I paid money for space *LOL*) but, then I am hoping to get outside and do a bit mnore in the garden and maybe the LU and I can make some german chocolate fairy cakes! And I need to find some recipes for LU, as I want to get the freezer stocked with more meals for him for the first while chris gets here so I know he is getting some good wholesome food, and I don't have to have a panic on that I need to make something, i can just shove it in the oven. I may think about doing it for US too which some SW recipes. There is a lovely vegetable curry recipe served on a bed of purple stemmed broccoli, which i love and a few others. I have those aluminium takeaway containers (unused of course) so all i have to do is mark on them what the item is and how to reheat. So all should be well.

Tyn, so glad you are ok. But too luck getting back to the CDing, it is hard work but I know that you can do it. Just remember WHY you are doing it and push through.

Gem, great update, i needed it too.=-) You just love cornwall dont cha? We were talking about it last night. We arent sure if we are going to go that way this summer for a holiday with the boys or not, or if we are going to go to spain as one of my best mates ( who's parents are Uber rich) own a house in spain near alicante and said we could use the house whenever, so we thought we might go there for a 1 or 2 with the kids and drive there too. But we thought that if we liked the devon cornwall way we may eventually move there.

We have always said we would move to the US and I thought that it was a definate, but to be honest I have lost more and more interest in it. I dislike 70% of my family anyway, my auntie that I adore along with my gran aren't likely to be around in the next 10 years. So it leaves really just friends (who i know love me but would get over it) and my parents who will live forever unless they have some freakish accident as they are both healthy as horses. My intention was to take care of them when they get older. My mother is almost 60 and still exercises 4-5 days a week and keeps on top of her health, eats healthy, watches her weight, rarely drinks, doesn't smoke. ( makes ya sick huh=-p ) and my step father also works hard but i think when he dies it will be of liver failure or something as he drinks like a fish but is in great health ( again makes you sick) both are very indepenant and wouldn't want me to look after them. I want my boys to be close to them, but not at the expensive of our happiness. So who knows what we will do. Maybe we will just stay here, or move somewhere else warmer in europe or australia. Who knows?

Hey all! Thanks for the hellos!

And end of the month being april! (I am already in april for some reason... stupid weird uni clock lol) I dont finish uni until the middle of May, but prolly wont go home until the end of may/june as i wont want to go to work right away, i think a small break is needed lol. I would start next week, but my 24th and my friends 21st all fall in the same week (14th and 18th) so we are having a big bash and turning into walking adverts for anti binge drinking campaigns so that wouldn't be a good idea lol!

Congrats a Grannyness Gem! And You to for grading Taz! And cant wait for you to give birth Jen! And good luck on SW Abz!

Phew! lol.

Now off to note taking for 6 hours. Joyful. lol

why not start straight after the birthday bashes tyn? that way you'll be sick of food and drink as i'm sure it will involve lots of excess and you'll be in the right frame of mind!!

and if i were to move anywhere jenn it would be denmark or new zealand. i would love to live in denmark to learn the language etc but don't want to raise a child in denmark as it would be a long time before i was fluent and don't want to have problems communicating with my own kid!! so i guess i'll have to wait a while and OH will have to teach me as best he can... which is infuriating, ha.

abz xx

haha...yeah I understand what you mean abz. I am trying to teach LU to speak spanish at the moment, and he is doing well. I am going to get Muzzy I think which is a language learning program for children. LU is always asking me " what is this in spanish?" " how do you say that, in spanish?" so I may as well teach him what I can. I am still debating on teaching him french too, as I would love to learn and my next door neighbour is from france, she can give us a heads up. I know the boys would love it back at home, but TBH, other than my 3 cousins that of course I love and miss, my auntie, gran, parents and friends, I don't see the point. Whilst the US is great for a holiday, to live there is a different story. You hit a recession over there and you could lose it all. But saying that if we were to move everything would be bough outright. And we know that we would want to buy at least 10 acres and build our house the way we want. But once my parents go, there would be nothing left for us. And I think I am getting quite hurt by family all the time. But then you guys know I like people to make the same efforts I do, and it would seem that most don't and I just feel like my family don't make the effort with me, as well as others in my life, which is why I decided, to be just like everyone else. Someone wants to get hold me me they can call me. I am sick of being abused and made a fool of because people use me. TO include my family or have expectations of me monetarially. I have all my boys and those are my priority, everyone else can wait. So we shall see.

Beside if I move the US I will get bigger than a whale. It is such a food culture that I just couldn't resist it all...all the time. Not to mention that most stuff is processed over there. Fresh food is so expensive. But I would love to be able to have big family BBQ's and christmas's. Who know's I will find out more as things move on. I may change my mind, but now...it's all systems stop. Besides I would have to live in the country as I don't want my boys getting mixed up in the gang thing and I don't want them to go through all stuff I went through.

maybe visiting a couple of times a year is a better way to go them babes. you do something like that to enrich your life. not to make it more difficult!!

abz xx

abz...yeah well a couple of times a year would be great, but to be honest, it would more like be once every couple of years, I don't want to waste all holiday time and money going over there everytime. Because it isn't a break for me, I spend more time on obligations to see this person or that to enjoy myself. We are meant to go home next year when chris is 1 and Matthew is 5 but seeing as my family hardly call me, only visit when I pay for it, and my parents would rather spend money on their house then come visit us over here, that I don't feel like wasting my money. I would rather save up for a really nice holiday. So, I am not sure what I will do. Maybe go every other year or something. PLus I have to pay for 4 tickets to see them rather than them paying for 2. We want to go back to cancun again which is where we took LU when he was 18m's. But it is expensive and the last time we paid for my parents to go with us which cost us and additional £2500 so the least they can do is pay £1200 for some plane tickets .

Cornwall is lovely Jen. It would be interesting if you were there at the same time as us in the summer (end of August). Cornwall is a long county (80 miles long) and we go right down the most southerly end. I am hoping to live in Cornwall one day too x

i know what you mean hon. me and OH haven't been on holiday together that didn't involve visiting family yet... so our honeymoon will be the first time!! bet we fall out :D but i love visiting denmark, it's just we don't spend any time doing what we want to do, we need to visit everyone... so it's a bit gruelling at times, much as i love it, i just don't relax as it isn't my family... well, it is, but you know what i mean :D

abz xx

Morning all.

I love Cornwall but it's the south of France for us when we retire. We love the Catalan area round Perpignan.

Good morning everyone :)

Yes Taz - you beat me to it this morning. I got side-tracked around the other threads!

Hi Jim - sounds like you have a plan for the future :)

It looks like it's gonna be a nice day today so I'll have to try to get out and about for a bit. Gotta get the washing up together for the weekend and have loadsa stuff to do.

Have a lovely day everyone x :)

Hi gem, Yes, we've had to put it on hold for a while due to the current economic climate, all our pension funds and savings are not performing well. Still we're all in the same boat.

good morning everyone. did i tell you we got a lovely letter telling us we won't be getting pay rises this year? i am grateful to have a job, but at the same time i took a rather large pay cut to work here and the average pay rises were good, which is why i agreed to the pay cut... that scuppered me well and truly. just hope that the drop in our mortgage payments in a couple of months make up the difference...

abz xx

That's pants Abz - not quite what it said on the tin!

That's not good abz!, we won't be getting pay raises this year either though.

apart from the fat cat bankers maybe.

Don't get me started on that one Jim!

Abz, yeah I know what you mean. That is why I am looking forward to going away this summer with my boys, I will be in my element, when we go home it is fun, but still I only ever have 2 days to do what I want and even then I am trying to squeeze people in. Plus I stay at my parents who live in the sticks and the rest of my friends and family live in the city, so it takes me and hour and a half to drive to the city with my child in toe trying to get across town to see someone for like 1 hour or two. OH hates it when we go for christmas cuz it's even worse as we spend time buying presents and then have christmas even at my grans, christmas day at the step family's, then my birthday is normally part with the parents and part with friends, then the 27th and 28th my mother always wants to go shopping and I just want to relax, so we end up spending time sorting things out for new years and then it starts all over again. So no rest. We went to cacun when LU was 18 months and it was the most relaxing holiday we have ever had. The place was super luxurious, the pools were huge and hardly any one there and very few kids. It was all inclusive, and it was perfect, LU loved it, as did we and it was relaxing for the most part. Even malta as relaxing, and hopefully if we go to spain that will be nice as the villa is huge and has it's own pool. So I don't have to self conscience about people looking at me. And on that score it really isn't I who is bothered about people looking, cuz i am what I am and couldn't give a rat's bottom, but OH does like it when we sees people "staring" or "looking" at me in a nasty way. I just think if they don't like that is there deal. I don't wear a bikini and I don't show my bits off and normally wear a swim dress so that way my thighs don't show so badly as I hate them. But it is my OH it winds up cuz he wants to say something. I just get on with it.

Anyway, I am here trying to eat some breakfast. I was hungry but trying to be good.I have had 2 bananas, an apple and 4 satsumas. It would have been 6 had the other 2 not tasted like they as been soaked in wee. *YUK*

I think I will just chill out today. Watch some telly and get my list of hospital stuff ready and get chris's bag packed so I have everything I need "just in case". Last time I packed LU bag for the hospital but not finished mine just one day before my waters broke. *LOL*

I just want to have a chill out day, it is overcast outside so it doesn't really inspire me to go out and rake the leaves I was going to sort out. So it may just be LU and I playing "guess who" and playdoh all day.
I even got LU to draw and make a picuture for his brothers room which I am going to frame and place on the wall so LU can be apart of the decorating. He loves it. He even asks me in the morning how his little brother is doing? He is so very sweet and kind I couldn't be more proud, just hope number 2 is just as good.

Back