Big Brother

Tracey is heading down the list...make up...make up!!!!

it doesnt suit her.

Ivy

Well i have...... and as for my neighbour it was just one example of many times i have heard the word used by a black person to describe another black person. I'm sorry if i don't have a detailed account of the other times it was used.

Next everyone will be saying they have never orderd a "chinky" ........ or gone to the "paki shop" or laughed at an Irish/Scots/Welsh/English/any country in the world joke.

Show me a person who claims all these things and i will hand them a mirror so they can see a liar and a hypocrit.....

HELLO, I have never done any of these things mate!!
i have enjoyed many 'chinese' meals and been in many 'corner' shops though:rolleyes:

I didnt see the bra thing and i was watching...maybe when i get a mo i will 4oD that moment

but a mob mentality is totally different. people get carried away

Ivy

I sometimes think Big Brother gets taken way too seriously.

Nobody is forced to go on that show. All the housemates are outrageous, extroverts ........ no one would ever pick quiet old me from Devon. They know that they are on a tv programme. They know that if they sit around all day not doing anything it is going to be boring viewing. They audition to go on this programme, and none of them are the shy retiring types. They don't care getting changed in front of others, having toilets with no locks. I doubt Ziggy cared. He sits on the loo with cameras staring at him, so it's no big deal.

I still haven't watch it and i don't think i will be able to get into it now!!

LOL

Love Gerry, immediately grossed out by Seany.

That cos he is Irish???? ehhhhh THAT WAS A JOKE

he is such a bleedin minger... why do they always portray the Irish as freaks?????? he is a typical stereotypical irish gay bloke... believe me I have never seen a guy like that here ever before......

be good to see the fireworks now....

OH GAWD......wheres my eye candy
hmmmmmmmmmmpppphhhh
ive got the hump now!!

OH GAWD......wheres my eye candy
hmmmmmmmmmmpppphhhh
ive got the hump now!!

Yeah I ain't impressed either... but Ziggy is a nice piece of stuff.... they make him look like brad friggin pitt lol

That cos he is Irish???? ehhhhh THAT WAS A JOKE

he is such a bleedin minger... why do they always portray the Irish as freaks?????? he is a typical stereotypical irish gay bloke... believe me I have never seen a guy like that here ever before......

be good to see the fireworks now....

Don't worry, I was in Ireland last weekend and I didn't see anyone remotely like Seany.

I really miss the tea time BBLB with Dermot. I usually miss it now it's on later, and try to catch the repeat.

Don't like BBBM. Don't like George Galloway. Went off him during Celebrity BB when he totally lost it with Preston and Chantalle when they were trying to win the secret task. He was so over the top nasty and vindictive towards them, and it was so out of proportion. Why did he not understand that they were trying to win the task so everyone benefitted?

I was listening to his radio programme a few months ago, when he slated some individual who was in the news at the time. It was the same thing, he was really personally vindictive and nasty about this person, far, far out of proportion to whatever 'sin' they had apparently committed. Horrible bully, and shouted down anyone who came on the radio programme to defend the individual.

Missed most of tonights programme, but did see the two new housemates at the end.

Charley appears to be a big mouth who does not listen to anyone. She shouts and interrupts and wonders why people give up and walk away from her. She made me smile the other day when she moaned that she doesn't like it when people don't listen.

That's me off my soapbox now...

ohhhhh yes some eye candy please, muscly tall, handsome intelligent
oooops getting carried away now:cool:

Sorry to disappoint you Nat, but I turned Big Brother down again this year as well. I know they are only asking me to go on for my looks. There is more to me than just being a sex object for women to lust after, I have a brain too - with a CSE Grade 3 in woodwork to boot.

Still finding it boring myself.:( Guess I'll perk up later on. :sigh:

Really miss the tea time BBLB with Dermot that is exactly the time of day I need a little pick up.:D

Dizzy x

I'm sorry if i don't have a detailed account of the other times it was used.

...and so you should be. If you are going to tell me as fact that all black people refer to each other/themselves as n*gger then the evidence needs to be somewhat more substantial than a quote from a "neighbour" OR telling me to "walk the streets of X,Y,Z city" - it's your point, you prove it.

Well i have...... and as for my neighbour it was just one example of many times i have heard the word used by a black person to describe another black person. I'm sorry if i don't have a detailed account of the other times it was used.

Next everyone will be saying they have never orderd a "chinky" ........ or gone to the "paki shop" or laughed at an Irish/Scots/Welsh/English/any country in the world joke.

Show me a person who claims all these things and i will hand them a mirror so they can see a liar and a hypocrit.....

Your initial point was making reference to terminology you *think* is used regularly AMONGST those of the same ethnic grouping .... black people in the original context.

I know of no Chinese or people of Asian origin (lets face it, not all shops are owned by Pakistani people) who refer to themselves with those terms. What you've described above is language used by a group of people to describe another group. Who is the "everyone" you make reference to?
Totally different argument entirely I'm afraid ....... :whistle:

So then I must be a hypocrite. :)

No worries. I'd rather have you think me a hypocrite than have you think I use language of such very low order. You and I must mix in different worlds because I know of no one who talks in those terms. My world is chock full of hypocrites ... yours is not. :)

One deduces that you use the disgusting 'terminology' to reference people of differing groups you've described above, after all it would be a trifle foolish to describe yourself as a "hypocrite" .

For what it's worth language and jokes of that ilk disgusts me. What disgusts me even more is someone telling me that people of those groups should, in effect, put up or shut up as
they can't have it both ways
"since they use the language amongst themselves" [sic], which is obviously NOT true.

I think Emily was silly - youth aside, she should have known better than to use that remark and IF it is something she and her friends (black, white, green whatever) use amongst themselves then she should have had the foresight to know not to use it with someone she barely knew and on national TV. Charley was milking the situation because she probably knew she created a bad impression of herself following the argument with Chanelle.

Big Brother doesn't just manipulate the contestants, it manipulate the viewing audience also. They have made a big thing of this because they want to be seen as proactive since the Shilpa Shetty incident. They've milked this for themselves. They could have easily removed Emily quietly, instead they now have the second highest viewer ratings for the series so far ...... well done Endemol, masters of reality television publicity :cool::cool:

Sorry to disappoint you Nat, but I turned Big Brother down again this year as well. I know they are only asking me to go on for my looks. There is more to me than just being a sex object for women to lust after, I have a brain too - with a CSE Grade 3 in woodwork to boot.

grrrrrrrr easy tiger
LOL:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad0053

grrrrrrrr easy tiger
LOL:p

LOL!!! :D

Back