big gain small loss!

Don't forget that while you have regular poo, it takes time for that poo to move, and that is usually the biggest culprit of big jumps/drops on the scales! You might not feel like you need to go but its still making its way down through the meters of organs in your body =)

I gained 9lbs this weekend, I just don't think its physcially possible for a human body to create that much fat in 2 days! theorectically i would have had to have eaten 3500 x 9 = 31500 calores (on top of my daily requirement)! Even I couldn't do that hahah :D

Don't forget that while you have regular poo, it takes time for that poo to move, and that is usually the biggest culprit of big jumps/drops on the scales! You might not feel like you need to go but its still making its way down through the meters of organs in your body =)

I gained 9lbs this weekend, I just don't think its physcially possible for a human body to create that much fat in 2 days! theorectically i would have had to have eaten 3500 x 9 = 31500 calores (on top of my daily requirement)! Even I couldn't do that hahah :D

lol yes thats why i have to stop freaking out about gains, it is impossible to create that level of fat, i need to calm down and realise that the jumps are normal. its just i feel panicy because at the moment im worried that i'll keep gaining as this is my first week, my down days are only shifting 1lb but my ups have given me gains of 2-4lbs each time. another up for me today but the food will be more balanced as my ups have been pretty naughty due to social things so fat so this week my ups should reflect my 'normal' diet.

Exactly. The number that the JUDDD website gives you for up days is a maintenance figure... so you'd have to eat 3500 calories on top of that to gain a pound, so for most people thats about 5500 calories. You'd have to be eating solidly for your waking day to get that :p

I do daily weigh but I always keep the *1lb = 3500 calories* rule in my head if I have a gain.

hannata said:
Exactly. The number that the JUDDD website gives you for up days is a maintenance figure... so you'd have to eat 3500 calories on top of that to gain a pound, so for most people thats about 5500 calories. You'd have to be eating solidly for your waking day to get that :p

I do daily weigh but I always keep the *1lb = 3500 calories* rule in my head if I have a gain.

Hannata i actually am a little bit in love with you right now! I love ur little sciencey explanation, it really makes sense and is v reassuring. Its nice to be able to take a step back and look at things logically. Also shows how much we must have been consuming (pre diet) to put on weight, i know i was shocked when i did a rough mental calculation the other day! Again i know its early days for me but i feel very in control an thats nice :)

Hannata i actually am a little bit in love with you right now! I love ur little sciencey explanation, it really makes sense and is v reassuring. Its nice to be able to take a step back and look at things logically. Also shows how much we must have been consuming (pre diet) to put on weight, i know i was shocked when i did a rough mental calculation the other day! Again i know its early days for me but i feel very in control an thats nice :)

hi caroline-louise, i just noticed ur signature, how much has your weight changed by this week? were you at 10st prior to juddd or did it go up after you were bingeing? sorry to be nosy i just wanted to know because i was 9st prior to juddd and now i feel as if ill defo gain this week, your weigh in must be earlier than mine as im using this friday as my official weigh in day.

hannata said:
Aww thank you :eek: You're totally right though, its scary to think how easy it was to consume those calories lol

Its hard though! When I diet it nearly turns into an obsession, and I just gotta step back ocassionally and look at the bigger picture :)

Totally know what u mean, striking the balance is tough. The 1st time i lost weight a few years ago calorie counting i got so obsessed i ended up only eating a bowl of cereal all day and goig on the treadmill for 2 hrs! And then obvs cambridge made me scared of food, or rather of being 'allowed' to eat it. I must admit i do enjoy being able to control this aspect of my life and on JUDDDD i can plan meals etc which i love (im big on planning and list making!) but as long as i eat enough on my Ups I think i should be able to keep a firm grip on things. I just want bingeing to be a thing of the past xxx

lumpyandbumpy said:
hi caroline-louise, i just noticed ur signature, how much has your weight changed by this week? were you at 10st prior to juddd or did it go up after you were bingeing? sorry to be nosy i just wanted to know because i was 9st prior to juddd and now i feel as if ill defo gain this week, your weigh in must be earlier than mine as im using this friday as my official weigh in day.

Hiya love. Not nosy at all and tbh my signature is a bit of a mess! Basically i started cambridge in may at 11st6lbs and lost weight to become 10st. Then i went crazy mad eating anything and everything and my weight the day i started JUDDd was 10st8lbs so the gain was zero to do with JUDDD an everything to do with. Me being a pig lol. My official weigh in would be This friday but i am away so will be the following wk, most likely on thurs. did have a naughty weigh today tho and was 10st5! Know it doesnt mean a lot as only just started but it was still noce to see a 3lb loss!
Just remember hun it takes at least 2 weeks for the body to settle in to a new eating 'routine' so it may do weird things, try not to panic. It is all based on science and research and not just made up crap so it will work, just now way of really predicting how exactly as everyone is different. You can see on here people have great success but there is no pattern, very much a subjective thing :) xx

passionflower said:
Sooo true Hannata, damn those blimmen scales xx

On several occasions i confiscated mine off myself, got people to take them away etc they are pesky lil feckers if they dont say what we want!! We should go by inch loss and how clothes feel but basically impossible for some of us! X

Hiya love. Not nosy at all and tbh my signature is a bit of a mess! Basically i started cambridge in may at 11st6lbs and lost weight to become 10st. Then i went crazy mad eating anything and everything and my weight the day i started JUDDd was 10st8lbs so the gain was zero to do with JUDDD an everything to do with. Me being a pig lol. My official weigh in would be This friday but i am away so will be the following wk, most likely on thurs. did have a naughty weigh today tho and was 10st5! Know it doesnt mean a lot as only just started but it was still noce to see a 3lb loss!
Just remember hun it takes at least 2 weeks for the body to settle in to a new eating 'routine' so it may do weird things, try not to panic. It is all based on science and research and not just made up crap so it will work, just now way of really predicting how exactly as everyone is different. You can see on here people have great success but there is no pattern, very much a subjective thing :) xx

aw thats brill, at least you've got a loss showing already, by a week thurs i bet you'll have lost more too :) on what day did you start juddd then? i started on 9th august a thursday, but not weighing this thursday coz weds is an up day so moved my first juddd weigh in to friday! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
aw thats brill, at least you've got a loss showing already, by a week thurs i bet you'll have lost more too :) on what day did you start juddd then? i started on 9th august a thursday, but not weighing this thursday coz weds is an up day so moved my first juddd weigh in to friday! x

Yeah i was saying somewhere its ridiculous how the number on the scales can make u feel but hey, if its a positive one im going with it! If i can show this weight at the v least once im home thats fine with me. I started friday just gone on a DD. i plan to just do my weighing approx weekly but always after a DD so sometimes might be after 6 or 8 days, however it pans out really. I might have anxiety over having now scales on hol lol but its def a good thing! I was at the docs the other day and did u know u actually weigh more in summer when its warmer because we retain more fluid? I seriously thought this time of year i would have more chance of being lighter but obvs not! I guess i just want less 'heart' meals in the heat xx

Yeah i was saying somewhere its ridiculous how the number on the scales can make u feel but hey, if its a positive one im going with it! If i can show this weight at the v least once im home thats fine with me. I started friday just gone on a DD. i plan to just do my weighing approx weekly but always after a DD so sometimes might be after 6 or 8 days, however it pans out really. I might have anxiety over having now scales on hol lol but its def a good thing! I was at the docs the other day and did u know u actually weigh more in summer when its warmer because we retain more fluid? I seriously thought this time of year i would have more chance of being lighter but obvs not! I guess i just want less 'heart' meals in the heat xx

interesting point there! i always assumed we'd be lighter in the summer too as i love stodge in the winter, all the pies and meaty stews, mmm! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
interesting point there! i always assumed we'd be lighter in the summer too as i love stodge in the winter, all the pies and meaty stews, mmm! x

Hellll yeah! I love that kind if food, both cooking and eating it. Which I can do on JUDDD, just not every day! So nice to think that, really uplifting! Basically nothing to be worried or scared about with this way of life x

Hellll yeah! I love that kind if food, both cooking and eating it. Which I can do on JUDDD, just not every day! So nice to think that, really uplifting! Basically nothing to be worried or scared about with this way of life x

yes it is fab, im on my up day today, munching on a bag of crisps as we speak! planning what to have for food tonight, got lost in the freezer so will maybe have cod fillet and chips, see whats there when i get home! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
yes it is fab, im on my up day today, munching on a bag of crisps as we speak! planning what to have for food tonight, got lost in the freezer so will maybe have cod fillet and chips, see whats there when i get home! x

Hehe i am having breaded cod too *high5* I don't eat carbs in the eve anyway as they bloat me and give me a dodgy tum in bed, so i shall be having a jacket spud with my lunch i think. Just about to go for a run so i shall have whatever i fancy wen back. Ive worked out calories for eve meal and added them to what I've had so far so now i have LOADs to use up on basically whatever i want for lunch/ afternoon snacking :) I was just thinking how lovely it is chatting to people on here. I will never leave minimims, even when maintaining! Xx

yes it is fab on here, theres a forum for every diet so even if you chopped and changed its great to have an outlet! i dont like talking about my loss to my friends as some of them are currently overweight and have gone up and down so i feel awkward when im moaning that ive still got a stone to go as i can see the daggers they give as if to say 'shut up you've lost a load of weight already'! so its nice to come on here and share your hopes and fears with everyone who is in the same boat! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
yes it is fab on here, theres a forum for every diet so even if you chopped and changed its great to have an outlet! i dont like talking about my loss to my friends as some of them are currently overweight and have gone up and down so i feel awkward when im moaning that ive still got a stone to go as i can see the daggers they give as if to say 'shut up you've lost a load of weight already'! so its nice to come on here and share your hopes and fears with everyone who is in the same boat! x

I totally agree. Bt sad in a way our friends cant just be happy for us and supportive. If i hear 'but u look fine how you are, dont get too think' one more time i will scream lol! At least on here we are all in the same boat one way or another so everyone understands and doesnt judge, however much or little we have to lose it comes down to feeling happy withy yourself :) xxx

Back