big gain small loss!

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i started JUDDD on thurs on an up day at 9st, weighed yest morn (fri) and i went up to 9st 4lbs which i had expected, but had my down day yesterday and only lost 1lb this morning :( this is my first week so i know that'll prob impact quite a bit on weight, i just feel a bit panicky because i thought the DD would have shifted the gain weight more. nervous about having an up day again today but have eaten weetabix, apple and half a wispa already so am doing it properly! will be out for food this afternoon and drinks this evening so will stick to my up day calorie, just feeling nervous about massive gains and little losses!

did other vlcd-ers find this is their first few juddding days??

I deliberately only weigh in once a week just for this reason - if you look at those who do daily weigh their weight only really drops on their official weigh in day. So my advice is wait until your official weigh in at the end of the week and then judge if it has worked :) xxx

I think you *have* to take a long term view - that's the case for most diets, of course - but even more so for ADF. I have switched from a vlcd and did not gain any weight at all, which for me indicates that I must have continued to lose fat as I must have regained glycogen/water weight when re-introducing carbs. In 2 weeks, I have lost 2lbs - now that for some people I know just isn't fast enough, but for me right now, I'm very happy.

Oh, and I do weigh daily, but just because I'm interested in seeing how my body responds - I don't count my weight until official weigh in day though. Interestingly, I seem to buck the trend rather bizarrely and seem to show my losses after an UD.

HTH

lumpyandbumpy said:
i started JUDDD on thurs on an up day at 9st, weighed yest morn (fri) and i went up to 9st 4lbs which i had expected, but had my down day yesterday and only lost 1lb this morning :( this is my first week so i know that'll prob impact quite a bit on weight, i just feel a bit panicky because i thought the DD would have shifted the gain weight more. nervous about having an up day again today but have eaten weetabix, apple and half a wispa already so am doing it properly! will be out for food this afternoon and drinks this evening so will stick to my up day calorie, just feeling nervous about massive gains and little losses!

did other vlcd-ers find this is their first few juddding days??

You have voiced my biggest fear right there! I have just swapped from cambridge and have now done an Up and a Down day. I am absolutely flippin terrified of gaining. Know i hve to stick for at least 2 wks for fair results but if i gain any more at the end of that i will be devastated! I literally woke in a cold sweat last week due to my fear of the weight i had gained (through bingeing on crap, nothing to do with JUDD!) and psychologically i don't think i will be in a good place at all if i gain from this. Deep down logic says i shouldnt as over reasonable time periods those following the diet have had nice steady losses, but the trbl with VLCD id they make u fear everything to do with food! Will lk forward to ur updates and wish u all the luck in the world. Do feel free to come and chat to a like minded person :) x

Hi

I just wanted to say that I swopped over from CD last week and lost 3 pounds on JUDDDD which is amazing :) So please trust the diet and trust your bodies - we need food to survive! VLCD are not healthy mentally but JUDDDDing is a very natural way of eating and your body (and your mind!) will adjust to it if you give it time :)

Alex
X

I swapped over from SnS 10 days ago and have lost 5lb so far....

hello all, thanks for your responses! im determined to stick with juddd regardless of the scales because i have to eat,its just im disappointed with the initial gain which i know sounds daft after only 3 days on the diet but it just makes me so disheartened when i weighed in at 9st on weds and today im 9st 5lbs! feel like the weight is just going to keep creeping on at the moment! the thing is loads of people have swapped on here from a vlcd and seem to have lost in their first week but i really cant see this happening for me, im sure ill have a gain as my down day produced a loss of just 1lb. i might restrict my cals further today and have 350 as suggested by the website to see if it makes a difference tomorrow. i just wish i knew that this is defo going to work for me, wish i had a crystal ball to see my weigh in in 3 weeks time!! x

I did warn about daily weighing, its really not advised if the gains affect you, I daily weigh as I find it fascinating but only the official weigh in counts hun, don't change anything there is no need, I have seen judders gain after DD s and lose after UP s, its an individual thing as to how your body will respond. I lost 2lbs in my first week swapping from a vlcd and that was with 2 UP sat the weekend. Keep the faith x

thanks bajoleth, your posts always make me feel better as i see you as the juddd guru, i havent been on the forum that long but already i feel you're like my Juddd mammy lol! ive been reading your diary over the past week and seen your gains and losses so do feel bit better now to see how much it can fluctuate, seems like you drop your weight on your true weigh in day which is strange, its like your body must know and react accordingly! im sticking with my juddding and exercising, strangely enough i felt quite light this morning and i had a massive Up day yesterday so maybe the fat is burning in there already! my official weigh in will be friday i think as i started on thurs but this thurs will be a down day so i'll do it on the friday. will defo keep the faith with juddd, im going to bingo tomorrow night (up day) and looking forward to having a meal there, ive really missed it these past months when my friends are eating around me! x

Thanks chick, The funny thing is I can gain up to 5lbs over my weekend Ups and yet I never 'feel' any bigger and it doesn't show on my body so I simply ignore it x

Thanks chick, The funny thing is I can gain up to 5lbs over my weekend Ups and yet I never 'feel' any bigger and it doesn't show on my body so I simply ignore it x

yes i think this is the way i need to start thinking, although im 5lbs heavier than i was on weds, all my clothes fit, i dont feel like a bloater and im still following up then down so its not as if im just upping all the time lol. i need to give myself time to settle, i just panic when i see the scales, its always been a bad habit of mine no matter what diet plan i follow. i want juddd to be a proper lifestyle for me, not a diet, so i have to find the right balance for me and stop panicking!! x

Such a great thread, my nerves have been calmed :) Also given today is a DD for me i still feel happy and OK as my cals have been food not shakes and the prospect of an UD tomorrow is just so exciting! I think so far what I have learned is that a diet where I can actually eat proper normal everyday foods is def the way forward for me, as I don't feel depressed about the things im not having and missing out. also i have energy, wahoo! x

Caroline_Louise said:
Such a great thread, my nerves have been calmed :) Also given today is a DD for me i still feel happy and OK as my cals have been food not shakes and the prospect of an UD tomorrow is just so exciting! I think so far what I have learned is that a diet where I can actually eat proper normal everyday foods is def the way forward for me, as I don't feel depressed about the things im not having and missing out. also i have energy, wahoo! x

It's a great diet - I have so much more energy than on CD I've even started running this week (following C25K!) plus my skin is clearer and brighter. I love the fact that it's only one day and then you can have what you like to eat again :) It's really positive mentally as well as physically :-D x

It's a great diet - I have so much more energy than on CD I've even started running this week (following C25K!) plus my skin is clearer and brighter. I love the fact that it's only one day and then you can have what you like to eat again :) It's really positive mentally as well as physically :-D x

Gosh isn't it nice to actually have positive things to say about a diet!? Don't get me wrong, the losses I had with CD were great but my little pals I chatted to and I basically spent our time complaining about hunger, missing out on social events and feeling tired and generally crappy! Today I had a social day out and it was comparitively a breeze! I really hope I have the same luck with my skin as I do suffer with acne. I think i missed out on the nutrients from fruit and veg on CD but in fairness the amount of water i drunk balanced it out i think so it wasn;t too bad most of the time. But now you could play join the dot on my face and chest thanks to all my junk food binges! I hate wishing time away, especially since I'm about to go on hol but I simply cannot wait to get back and weigh myself lol! xx
PS I started my running with that app and it is so good. Its amazing how quickly you improve when you do it regularly and I never ever thought i would actually enjoy running 5miles!

Caroline_Louise said:
Gosh isn't it nice to actually have positive things to say about a diet!? Don't get me wrong, the losses I had with CD were great but my little pals I chatted to and I basically spent our time complaining about hunger, missing out on social events and feeling tired and generally crappy! Today I had a social day out and it was comparitively a breeze! I really hope I have the same luck with my skin as I do suffer with acne. I think i missed out on the nutrients from fruit and veg on CD but in fairness the amount of water i drunk balanced it out i think so it wasn;t too bad most of the time. But now you could play join the dot on my face and chest thanks to all my junk food binges! I hate wishing time away, especially since I'm about to go on hol but I simply cannot wait to get back and weigh myself lol! xx
PS I started my running with that app and it is so good. Its amazing how quickly you improve when you do it regularly and I never ever thought i would actually enjoy running 5miles!

My skin has been really bad to recently - a combination of CD and menopause I think. But in all honesty it's clearing up really quickly and looks better every day :) Ive read on other threads that othet prople have sern similar things so I'm sure you will get something similar too :)

I really hoping that I get to 5 miles too - that would be amazing :-D

Thus diet is amazing :-D I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow too so I completely understand :) xx

and don't forget feeeling cold all the time, I was freezing when on CD, didn't last long on that one LOL

And being able to poo normally :)

16 lost : 51 to goal

hehe yes i mean honestly I have never appreciated how much i took normal pooping for granted!

Back