big gain small loss!

Caroline_Louise said:
I totally agree. Bt sad in a way our friends cant just be happy for us and supportive. If i hear 'but u look fine how you are, dont get too think' one more time i will scream lol! At least on here we are all in the same boat one way or another so everyone understands and doesnt judge, however much or little we have to lose it comes down to feeling happy withy yourself :) xxx

So true - my friends are all saying that to me! They are just used to me being the fat funny one and if I change it then threatens them I guess.

yoga84 said:
So true - my friends are all saying that to me! They are just used to me being the fat funny one and if I change it then threatens them I guess.

Aaagh me tooo! Honestly when i got to my goal wait on cambridge only 1 or 2 of them actually said well done and how good i looked. The rest either said nothing or were negative! I have always been the festively plump joker and ur right. I think they are threatened but we are still the same inside, only better as we will actually like ourselves and have confidence! X

Caroline_Louise said:
Aaagh me tooo! Honestly when i got to my goal wait on cambridge only 1 or 2 of them actually said well done and how good i looked. The rest either said nothing or were negative! I have always been the festively plump joker and ur right. I think they are threatened but we are still the same inside, only better as we will actually like ourselves and have confidence! X

I'm being bridesmaid for my friend in December and she actually said I should stop losing wright until then as I was going to be thinner than her and make her look fat!!! How bad is that lol!! I obviouosly told her that I loved her but I couldn't do that even for her :)

yes defo agree, its sad to think that we see people's true colours when there's a change in ourselves. i posted a thread in the cambridge forum ages ago about my cousin who's embarrassingly jealous of anyone's weight loss but she absolutely hates the fact that ive lost weight, constantly commenting on the fact that i had to do a vlcd to get my weight off, so annoying! i went out with her on the wkend and i was talking to one of our friends about juddd and i mentioned that id put on a few lbs since starting but thats to be expected etc and you could see her smirking at the thought of me gaining! then came the comments of 'aw see you'll put ur weight back on now you've stopped your shaky diet thing'! arggggg, the cheek of her! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
yes defo agree, its sad to think that we see people's true colours when there's a change in ourselves. i posted a thread in the cambridge forum ages ago about my cousin who's embarrassingly jealous of anyone's weight loss but she absolutely hates the fact that ive lost weight, constantly commenting on the fact that i had to do a vlcd to get my weight off, so annoying! i went out with her on the wkend and i was talking to one of our friends about juddd and i mentioned that id put on a few lbs since starting but thats to be expected etc and you could see her smirking at the thought of me gaining! then came the comments of 'aw see you'll put ur weight back on now you've stopped your shaky diet thing'! arggggg, the cheek of her! x

We need to prove them all wrong by looking and feeling fabulous about ourselves :) If they can't support us with this journey then they will fall by the wayside in our lives - we need to fill our lives eith positivity and joy :-D

Yes i got told 'see i told u it wasn't sustainable' when i put those lbs back but you know what, stuff them and good on us for actually continuing to try! You only get one life so we need to live it without regretting things and i know if i said 'oh f-it' and let myself go back to my start weight i would regret it always. Whoever these people are to us and however important, it isn't them living in our bodies and minds so if they've nothing positive to say i don't want to hear it! Just makes me more determined to succeed, raaaa! Xxx

Caroline_Louise said:
Yes i got told 'see i told u it wasn't sustainable' when i put those lbs back but you know what, stuff them and good on us for actually continuing to try! You only get one life so we need to live it without regretting things and i know if i said 'oh f-it' and let myself go back to my start weight i would regret it always. Whoever these people are to us and however important, it isn't them living in our bodies and minds so if they've nothing positive to say i don't want to hear it! Just makes me more determined to succeed, raaaa! Xxx

Right back at ya baby!!! We are awesome :) And we are going to be fit, healthy, slim and long living :) xx

yoga84 said:
Right back at ya baby!!! We are awesome :) And we are going to be fit, healthy, slim and long living :) xx

Yeeeah *high5* Go team, We can doooo it etc etc lol! But that is totally what its about, health as well as looks. Being overweight is not good for you and none of the haters can argue with that. I might just say next time 'oh thanks v much, so u want me to have an increase risk of heart attack, diabetes bad joints etc!' Shock tactics lol! In reality i hate confrontation so shall just natter away to all my lovely new and old chums on here and just keep my gob shut with my 'friends.' xx

Hi 5!! I feel like a cool kid or something but I'm in with the team :D

*sings* Every day I'm judddering :) I feel super duper i must say! My bloater belly has already gone down, oh happy days! X

yoga84 said:
*Sings lol!! :)

I am a big one for singing, lists and singing lol! Got caught belting out beyonce at some traffic lights the other day, totally oblivious to the builders in the can next to me guffawing all over the place :) x

Caroline_Louise said:
I am a big one for singing, lists and singing lol! Got caught belting out beyonce at some traffic lights the other day, totally oblivious to the builders in the can next to me guffawing all over the place :) x

Oh no... That's brilliant :) You go girl! Xx

yoga84 said:
Oh no... That's brilliant :) You go girl! Xx

I spend all day in my car basically so one has to take pleasure where one can lol!

On several occasions i confiscated mine off myself, got people to take them away etc they are pesky lil feckers if they dont say what we want!! We should go by inch loss and how clothes feel but basically impossible for some of us! X

Exactly what I've had to do ... hubby has hidden them!!

P x

i think i might take my batteries out of my scales until September then weigh in after 3 weeks of juddd and take my measurements, im a scaleaholic, really bad obsession of mine!

lumpyandbumpy said:
i think i might take my batteries out of my scales until September then weigh in after 3 weeks of juddd and take my measurements, im a scaleaholic, really bad obsession of mine!

My pal on here lil legs does that! And pauline i did similar and made my dad hide them. Terrible isn't it! I hall be almost a weighing virgin by the time I'm home, be 10 days lol! X

Do you know, Lumpy, I've been thinking the same. I thought I might try "listening/watching to my body for a change".

Shall we?! :D

P x

Do you know, Lumpy, I've been thinking the same. I thought I might try "listening/watching to my body for a change".

Shall we?! :D

P x

Good idea, i bet naturally skinny people dont obsess with the scales so i need to put myself in that mindset from now on! i think they're a good tool to use once a month to monitor but every day is just glutton for punishment! wonder how i'll get on! x

Back