Big Girls Blouses and other stuff

gotta love bravissimo, even if we do need to get a loan so we can go and buy a bra!

I bought the M&S one in the end - Hell! after all that hassle and the woman with the pert little boobs weighed down with hammocks of every colour - how could I go empty handed. Besides I didn't like to ask her to undo all those hooks and eyes a second time round :eek: Then again the hammock DID make me look better once I was dressed :)
Gem x

Big Girls Blouses Update

Hi Guys :)

Just thought I'd update this thread. I'm about 15 weeks into my journey now and not a size 24 anymore. In truth I'm probably a size 21 but I am buying size 20 from now on. :)

I don't think Evans has improved and I now find nothing that appeals - just a row of pretty looking sacks that will make me look bigger and New Look Inspire is still confined to a few rows with very little to "inspire" me :mad:

My daughter has now banned me from Evans, instead dragging me into Dorothy Perkins where the clothes are much nicer (and I even saw one or two in size 22 in the bigger shop). Evans belongs to the same group so I can't understand why there is such a difference :confused: For cheapies I am going to QS (who incidentally have started doing bigger sizes too) and ASDA whose range is very good. I shop mainly in Tesco but the ones I go mostly to don't do clothes. That is about to change though so watch out, here I come :)

In a few weeks I will be bagging up my summer clothes and taking them to the charity shop as I will not be needing them ever again :)

Although I have lost weight mainly on my back at the top, I am beginning to notice that the bra cups are not as full as they were so come December I think I might be going to visit the bra lady again! :eek:

hey honey. i posted a thread a while back when i discovered that next now do some very nice stuff up to a size 24. i think they always did do up to a size 20 but rarely had the stuff in stock. check them out online. i was rather impressed...

abz xx

It won't be too long before you are in a size 18 Gem and NL's standard range go up to 18. I love NL jeans, they are so comfortable

Yeah I always buy New Look jeans. Have a look at Dorothy Perkins online, they go up to a 22 in everything and if you use the code WELFREE its free delivery. 20% off everything at the moment. I was a 22 now just going into a 20 and refuse to buy from Evans now that I will have more options.

talking about bras Gem my boobs have seriously shrunk. for this wedding i have next sunday i was going to possibly wear this boob tube dress i have, obviously i used to hoist my boobs up with a strapless bra (see-through straps... i really cant get away with none). i tried the bra on and it's MUCH too big. and now the lacy bit comes over the top of the dress. infact all my bras are too big. but im sticking with these for a while - till i get to my 12st 7lb goal, and then maybe ill go see the bra lady! x

Abz - Never been too impressed with Next but will check them out again and see what they have - thanks x
Taz - I love New Look Jeans too - I have 1 pair of 24s that I can wear for a little while but get baggier and baggier until they are dangerously baggy!!! I have several pairs of 22s that are really comfy but go on and off without undoing and have to be pulled up after a while and one pair of 20s, not comfortable yet but are wearable - and that size 18? Yep, I've got it in my sight x

Flipflop - Thanks for that. I will defo check out DP Online x

Elle - I'll be quite glad if my boobs shrink a bit but I don't want them to shrivell up like walnuts so I'm keeping up the bio oil hehehe! I won't get away without seeing the bra lady in a few months as the shrinkage has already begun and I don't want a nice top showing an inverted bra!!!!!!

Haha. Does the bio oil work? My already look a bit walnutty i reckon, my boobs didnt react well to all the weight gain/loss over the years - which is unfortunate for my 22/23 years. I cant even say ive had three kids. It's ok, once my weight is gone and ive got the money, im going to have an uplift. but for now i'm relying on the bras haha x

watch with next clothes. they seem to lossen with wear. matalan is my current fav. Most go up to a 20 and some ranges a 22. if you opt for the rogers and rogers range its a 28.

I love evans for calf high boots. I have chunky calfs.

What is it with all those smocky top things - bad enough when you are big anyway but ten to wear them when you've lost weight ... doesn't show you off enough I am sure!

ditzy i know what you mean about the smocks! I buy my shoes from evans because my feet are so damn huge but I cant buy the boots - they are always a bit too loose on the calves. i wish they could have a variety of different shoes with different sizes. but you cant get everything i suppose...

i am a huge fan of duo of bath, but at £100 - £150 a pair they are seriously £££ they do up to a size 10.

ooh ill check it out. i doubt ill have the money but there's no harm in looking! x

All you rich people haha! My mate goes to Matelan and I usually tag along and maybe buy a box of sloggis but now I'm a 20..........

Thanks x

Those smocky dresses - I love the style but look like a house if I wear them so I leave well alone unless there is definition under the boobs. If it falls from the bust - forget it x

Sounds interesting. Have you shopped there?

I buy really good jeans from New Look Inspire. They're something like £12, and I just bought a really nice coat from there too. Big boo for their tops though.
Has anyone noticed that their sizes got smaller from this year to last as well. My sister bought a 26/28 t-shirt last year and never wore it. She gave it to me about 4months ago and it's like a sack on me, the 26/28 t-shirts I bought this year are only slightly too big and the 22/24 are now slightly too small. Maybe its just me.

~Silence~

Last edited:
New look sizes have got smaller? I think their sizes are all over the place. Some size 16s are too big, others fit just right, other times i have to get the 14, and then sometimes theyre too small. They need to sort that out! haha x

Back