Big Girls Blouses and other stuff

I know the jeans you mean - the £12 jobbos are the ones I buy too - regular rise cos I don't really want bits escaping x

NL do different styles of jeans. I only ever buy the Hula ones (the ones with the red label) as they are the regular rise boot cut ones.

That's the ones I like too Taz - nice fit x

My friend is a size 18/20 and she gets some GORGEOUS stuff from the internet - Igigi have beautiful things and there are sellers on Etsy that make fabulous plus-size clothing. They tend to be the US/Canada-based firms but clothes are cheaper over there anyway so you're only paying a few pounds more than you'd pay in Evans or whatever for some really wonderful stuff. Happy googling!

And I second everything said against flamin' smock tops! They're unflattering on EVERYONE unless you are a) tall with small breasts or b)pregnant. I hate how almost everything has an empire waist as well. I'm short with big boobs and bum and I NEED my clothes to go in in the middle or I just look terrible!

Last edited:
Good job you're not speaking to us from the realms of Pride and Prejudice Jen lol cos you'd be more stuck than you are now:p lol...

you're right about the small breast thing, you should see me trying to get into smocks! haha.

my stuff needs to go in in the middle too. i'm hourglass shaped... certainly not flattered by smocky things!!

I dread to think what I would look like in a Pride and Prejudice outfit! I don't think you can put boobs like mine in one of those frocks without the fire brigade on stand by...
And why do shops assume you must have big shoulders if you're bigger than a size 10? grrrr.
I think the answer is probably to make your own clothes like folk used to, my nana was 5'2", a size 20 and always beautifully dressed because she made most of it herself so it fit properly!

True, my nan was an amazing seamstress, im so gutted i never took after her. my textiles work at school was abissmal lol.

I know what you mean about shoulders...in fact i think i have smaller than average shoulders. most of my tops dont fit over them! they all hang off the edge haha. i look really stupid and my sister nat keeps saying shes jealous cos her shoulders are big. But i look STOOPID! hahaha. xxx

i actually don't seem to have shoulders... i am making a big fuss about having a wedding dress with straps but straps tend to spend most of their time half way down my arms rather than actually holding anything up. one of my best mates is constantly putting them back on my shoulders because it annoys her, ha. so it's probably mainly psychological :D the needing straps, not the shoulders... ha.

abz xx

Haha. Perhaps go for a halter neck? Unless you don't have a neck either... hmm, that might be a tad awkward:p ;) xxx

ha. i have a neck. but because i have huge boobs halternecks hurt after a while with all the pulling on my neck... but when i'm thinner hopefully the boobs will be smaller or i'm going to look ridiculous!!

abz xx

yep i sympathise, i never understand how people can wear halternecks, and especially things like halterneck bikinis. it just plain hurts... x

My boobs have shrunk (not srivvelled like prunes or anything like that - just shrunk). My bra definitely has an area of sag in the cup. I lost a fair bit off my back a while ago but didn't notice any boob shrinkage but now I know they definitely have. Haha - I dropped it into conversation with my OH at the weekend - his face was a picture! He wouldn't be so keen on boobs if he had to cart them around 24/7!!!

ahhh boobs. i cant wait to have mine done. cant wait to have perky normal sized things instead of my bloody ones now hahaha. but i swore i wouldnt do it until id lost all the weight i wanted so when i get to 11 1/2 stone i shall start looking into it. YAAAAY:) x

i can't imagine having surgery on them... they're just going to have to sag i'm afraid :D maybe post-children i will think about it :)

abz xx

HAHAHA gemstone you made me laugh about the bra.....god do i know how you feel. Im a 22......i bought loads from tesco and the odd thing from george too.
But its sooo hard.....found fabulous bathers though.....lol.....amazing looking bathers online......carol wior......gorgeous things.

Taz x

Glad to give you a tit(ter) Tazzy. It's quite interesting to speculate what's gonna go where when everything jiggles around and finally settles isn't it? :D

when i was measured last night even though i was only half a lb heavier than last time i was there i had gained an inch and a bloody half on my boobs!! when are they going to go!!

Back