BIG GULPS FOR TOMORROW!.. really not ready for this.

sammyd

dear ro dear,
stressing about tomorrow!.. have the doctors in the morning and am sure ill not get anymore xen, he,s said on several occasions that 15 stone would make a better target for me cause im stocky!..
well as you can see im almost there "scales are bobbing on 15-4lb this morning"..
oh dear im really not ready to do without my "comfort blanket xen" ..
it,ll be a right shame to have my prescription stopped when i can see the finishing post!.. my bmi is still just over 30 but there ain't no reasoning with a doctor who is at least 3 stone over weight him self!!....
what to do.. what to do!!!!.. :(

Ever tried begging sammy? Down in your knees, weeping and wailing? He's bound to give you more just to get rid of you :) or is there no one else in the practice you can see?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

there's a thought!.. about the begging .. lol
following the time i went to a different doc and saw the scales bob up by 1/2 a stone im a little nervous!.. besides your only allowed to be poorly 2wks in advance at our surgery!.. so id be waiting and waiting to get in to see another doctor!!.. uuuurgh

I would be honest too, surely it's not in their interest for you to regain the weight. You need to feel confident with your eating pattern before you come off them.

Good luck and hope they listen.

I practically bullied my Dr into giving it to me!!! As he wanted me to go solo....tell them you've come this far, let's not take it away from you now!

time will tell!... I'll post when I get back tomorrow..
oh not to worry ill be twisting his arm lol.. but facing facts, it's sommaz I've got to contend with at some point! ... tut

Honesty sounds like a good approach, but I think you're also right saying this will be a step in your journey that you will have to face pretty soon. Perhaps you could aim for another few weeks worth and start to wean yourself off, maybe share your plan with the Dr. Say all tabs for one week, next week no tab at breakfast, then none at breakfast and lunch, then go solo. Another alternative might be getting your own alli as your BMI still qualifies. It's half strength xenical you can get in the chemist. At some stage part of the journey will involve comming off these too.
You have come so amazingly far, and your journey is an inspiration to everyone else. It sounds like your abit apprehensive about life without xenical, but if you pretty much managed to keep to the rules when you were on it, you have already demonstrated that you have the strength and determination.
All the best with whatever you decide.

PurpleMum said:
Honesty sounds like a good approach, but I think you're also right saying this will be a step in your journey that you will have to face pretty soon. Perhaps you could aim for another few weeks worth and start to wean yourself off, maybe share your plan with the Dr. Say all tabs for one week, next week no tab at breakfast, then none at breakfast and lunch, then go solo. Another alternative might be getting your own alli as your BMI still qualifies. It's half strength xenical you can get in the chemist. At some stage part of the journey will involve comming off these too.
You have come so amazingly far, and your journey is an inspiration to everyone else. It sounds like your abit apprehensive about life without xenical, but if you pretty much managed to keep to the rules when you were on it, you have already demonstrated that you have the strength and determination.
All the best with whatever you decide.

wow, thanks for that! :D
made me smile that did.. x

Good luck tomorrow. Remember you've done the work to come this far the Xen just helped speed up the journey. You can stay as you are or lose a bit more with or without the tablets either way we're all here for you and your jokes.

NHS NICE guidelines state a bmi over 30 without any other medical problems qualify for xenicol
. good luck tomorrow.

poppy100 said:
NHS NICE guidelines state a bmi over 30 without any other medical problems qualify for xenicol
. good luck tomorrow.

That's good then cos my goal bmi is 29 so I should be ok for a while

poppy100 said:
. good luck tomorrow.

fanx sugar,
lol, I tried that one! but didn't want him to think I was doing his job for him! .. lol
my doc thinks that BMI should be ignored, as people differ!
would say that though wouldn't he?... bloody big fella he is.....
think maybe I should have started this journey with a skinny doctor!! :p

Back