Big Mummas Team Chat

Morning all, just a wee quickie before I dash off to a meeting at work.

Sharon - OMG - had no idea that your tattooing cost that much - it must be a good job done for that price! Here's me moaning about my weekly spray tan costing me £20 a pop!

Weigh in not great this week, 2lbs off, but its totm so am putting it down to that - feel very bloated which is not nice - havent felt this way since before I started cd last month - hoping it'll pass soon.

Have a good day teamies and i'll catch up later.

Deb I'm sure you'll have a big loss next week. I'm waiting for AF to arrive *sigh*
Got my 6th Wi tonight but have only been back on the plan for 3 days so hopefully I've lost my holiday gain.
Feeling hungry this morning, massive rumbles going on lol!
Lovely day here, hope you all have a good day!

Debs 2 lb is more than you were expecting so it is a positive, yes?

Funky what is "AF" and good luck with your weigh in. A loss will be good as you have only just gone back on so don't go feeling rubbish if it's not great, next week you'll be back on track :)
As for those hunger pains once you're back in ketosis they will disappear.

Hi Sharon what's happening with your tattoos have I missed something. What do you have to do every morning and what's been said. I've always wanted a tattoo with my sons initials and a butterfly and rose someday entwined but after asking my local tattoo artist to come up with something he had obviously not listened to anything I had asked and sent me a fairy tattoo via email, this was after waiting for about 6 weeks and popping into the shop numerous times to chase him up. I kinda lost faith at that point.

Tahira and Susie where are you and what
you up to? Miss your posts.

Well I have had a very up and down few days- very tired and miserable. Had my weigh in yesterday 4 3/4 lbs. Not bad considering the bad day I had last Tuesday. Been 100% since and including last Wednesday and still don't feel I'm in ketosis. Yesterday I was feeling very odd - hungry, tired bit of a weird feeling tummy. Real strong cravings. I ended up having 1 porridge, 3 shakes and a bar :mad: also I chewed on some leftover pizza and spat it out as I so wanted some :ashamed0005:
Had big lie in today and do feel bit better food wise but feel quiet miserable. 6 days of 100% what is going on :confused:

:grouphugg:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Well I sts in the end. My scales were up and down all day (yes I know its bad to keep weighing lol!) so I'm happy with that. AF is Aunt Flo, slang for period - sorry so used to internet slang I just just assume everyone knows it. Still waiting for it to start. Don't know if it bloating and water works out different when its a pill break rather than a natural one?
Off to Tesco today to get school stuff.
Already had my porridge today, was feeling really hungry. Usually I wait till 10 so I hope I last till 2pm!

AF is Aunt Flo, slang for period - sorry so used to internet slang I just just assume everyone knows it.!

LOL no sorry I didn't know that. I actually have an Aunty called Flo short for Florence haha.
Funky you hVent gained so that's positive in no time you'll be clocking up them losses:)
Well break over back to work

Weigh in not great this week, 2lbs off, but its totm so am putting it down to that - feel very bloated which is not nice - havent felt this way since before I started cd last month - hoping it'll pass soon.

Don't be too disappointed with totm and your illness 2lbs is a pretty good loss. I'm sure you'll make up for it next week. I hope the bloating goes away soon - I loathe totm with a passion, and I'll swear that being on CD makes them worse.

Hi Sharon what's happening with your tattoos have I missed something. What do you have to do every morning and what's been said. I've always wanted a tattoo with my sons initials and a butterfly and rose someday entwined but after asking my local tattoo artist to come up with something he had obviously not listened to anything I had asked and sent me a fairy tattoo via email, this was after waiting for about 6 weeks and popping into the shop numerous times to chase him up. I kinda lost faith at that point.

Had my weigh in yesterday 4 3/4 lbs.

Pinky, I'm having my eyebrows tattooed on. They are such a pain to do every morning even though they do look nice. They aren't particularly sparse just a little patchy and it will be nice to even them up..lol. I think Karen was referring to the comment my cheeky cow Auntie made.

When I'm finished I do want a tattoo perhaps something to celebrate my weight loss and my Daughter but not sure what. I also love quotes and I would want it in Swazi as my Mum is from Swaziland.

Well done on you loss, that is brilliant. Sorry you're not feeling 100% I'm sure you're going into ketosis if you aren't already by now. I also have extra shakes all the time when having wobbly moments.

Well I sts in the end. My scales were up and down all day (yes I know its bad to keep weighing lol!)

Great news that you sts especially after your holiday and nice to see back on the wagon. If you need to have another shake as I can't see it doing much harm.

So I haven’t been up to much this week I’m on autopilot with CD again and it’s fairly uneventful. I do have a week off next week..hurrah but no plans as yet. Don’t really fancy just sitting around here for a week (which I have been more than happy to do in the past – eating and sleeping in :rolleyes:).

I’ve been trying to make a note of my mood as someone commented this week that I am ‘glowing with happiness’, and I have noticed that I do feel different. I am full of energy and excited about my future again and looking forward. I must confess I had a little teary moment because I think I am finally realising what I have achieved so far with my weight loss and what I’ve always wanted (to be slimmer and healthier) is really happening. Still some way to go but I really am feeling good.

Have a great evening girls (Tahira and Susie, let us know how you are doing) xx

Morning teamies, hope everyone is well today.

I'm just back from doc, havent felt completely back to normal since I had the flu but since i had totm right after it I thought it was just the usual cd totm which is never the best - moan moan moan! Anyway, went to bed early last night feeling decidedly un me like and when i got up today i felt like i'd been trampled by a rhino - although as I havent ever been trampled by a rhino i cant say for certain it was a rhino! Got an appointment with gp and it turns out i now have tonsilitis and bronchitis - wtf!!!! Seriously, I am NEVER unwell, i rarely get a cold let alone anything else and in the space of a month I am having flu, tonsilitis and bronchitis - whats that all about! GP is convinced I must be a smoker by the sound of my chest - never smoked a cigarette in my life! He slso doenst think cd is a good idea when I am unwell - I dont agree! Am going to try and call my cdc later on and see what she says but I am not coming off cd if I can help it.

Any of my teamies got any advice?

Sorry to be such an old whinge bag girls, i'm honestly generally not this moaning old unwell person that I have been lately, am usually a picture of health (albeit rotund and obese! ;)) and i think thats why i am not taking to this unwell lark very easily! Have come back to work - against doc's advice - but may just take my laptop home and work from there and be miserable in the comfort of my own space.

Hi all sorry havent been around for a while, everythings been hectic with work and ramadhan. i see everyones doing great, well done on the losses.
deb you were asking about ramadhan theres 2 weeks left of official fasting then theres the eid celebration then 6 days of opptional fasting.also reading your comment about the soup i know how you felt i find my taste buds are changing, the first two weeks i lived on soups and now i cant stand them..in love with choc tetra warm and peanut bar at the moment.
great to see you had a good break funky mum without worrying about food even beter that your weight sts better than a gain.
sharon i also feel as im losing weight i tend to look after myself more ,dress up more think its a confidence thing. im sure your eyebrow tatoo will look great are they permenant or do you need to get it refreshed...

how are you pinkyjay your doing great 6 days of 100% excellent, we all have off days the best thing is just take a day as it comes, well done on your loss too.nice to know you were missing me.

ok just a update bon me now. last week i lost 2 pounds, cdc suggested that i stay on ss plus while fasting then go back down to ss when ramadhan ends. its day 16 of ramadhan time has flew by.
got a few ramadhan dinner parties one on fri,sat and sun. i will have to go will just have to try and be good, ill be happy as long as i dont gain. got my next weigh in tommorow i dont feel as if ive lost anything i was at a dinner party on saturday i did try and stick to chicken but did have a few carbs...after eid i am going to go for ss and 100 %. my losses arent that great but im happy since im losing more than i have on any other diet and since its ramadhan im not even exercising. Also i havent deprived myself i have been going out to social events parties and eating then getting straight back into it the next day. anyway im off to work now, working till 9, hope yous all have a good day.x

Debs, whinge away Hun it must be awful for you especially as you say you're not generally unwell. I'm guessing your immune system is all over the place for you to have a triple whammy of illnesses. I'd see what your CDC says maybe you can move up to SS+ or 810 rather than coming off CD altogether. I sympathise with you not taking it very well (I'm such a grouchbag when poorly).

Tahira, so nice to see you back posting and happy that Ramadan is going ok. Enjoy your dinner parties and well done on you loss.

Anyway I'm not sure if you read out on the board but I lost 4lbs this week and I have lost 8st 2lbs in total :D. I really am chuffed and hopefully I will dip under the 100lbs to lose mark next week.

deb aww hope you feel better soon. going back to work and still doing ss you sure thats a good idea dont want you to get worse, i think you should rest also and maybe talk to cdc maybe go up a plan untill you get better. look after your self, health is more important.

well done on your weight loss awaken,wow you are doing great...

Hmmm thought I'd replied yesterday!

Deb, sorry you are unwell, it sounds really miserable having all that together. I've no idea what would be best sorry, perhaps ask your CDC?

Tahira well done on your 2lbs! Can I ask, if you are fasting why ss+ is what you need to be on? Not sure how it works.

Sharon you really are doing amazing!!

I'm struggling again with wanting to eat. Its driving me crazy! I was thinking about either moving plans or even going back to WW. Just a fleeting thought though as I know I'd miss the big losses.
Its not hunger, its just wanting the tastes of food *sigh*

We're clearing out our loft so the house is a tip, but at least I got lots of exercise going up and down the stairs lol!

Any plans for the weekend?

Hows everyone today.funky i started same time as you and im feeling the same.geting bored not. Regarding fasting i was advised to do ss plus so i get a meal at the end of the day .ss everyday during fasting wud b difiçult.i fast for 18 hours a day no food or drink so that leaves 6 hours to consume 3 packs meal and all the water .going to try ss starting monday..

Was meant to write getting bored now instead of bored not ..opps

Hi guys

Debs sorry to hear about you tonsillitis you must be feeling very disheartened but what fellow Teamies say about going up to SS+ may be an option till your body is healthy again. Either way lady keep take care. :)

Tahira nice to see you back and posting and well done with the fasting. I think generally Ramhadan must be tough going anyhow without sticking to CD. Well done on your 2lbs loss also :)

Sharon excellent loss again :wow:8 stone 2 lb is an amazing amount of weight to loose you must be so pleased and once you're in that less than 100 lb to loose zone that will be fantastic :)

Funky I know what you mean about struggling with wanting to taste food it is very difficult to resist but well done at resisting you are stronger than me I have fallen unfortunately and eaten. So keep that
will power going girl :)

Yes it's true I had a rubbish day I went into town yesterday I had to go for a filling then took my 2 boys into town to get one of them new school shoes. Well they argued nearly non stop and the older lad was complaining and asking for stuff constantly. I lost my temper on a few occasions and by the time I got home I decided what the hell and dished out a portion of their cheesy pasta and garlic bread. I ate the lot. Felt so rubbish after mentally and stomach felt a bit queasy . This morning I have been in the honey nut cornflakes box and scoffed a load of them :mad:
Not sure at this moment if feel like continuing but I don't want to let OH and children down - or myself come to that.

I so miss food and now I have the prospect of starting ketosis all over again. Maybe taking 6 days plus again .

Last edited:
Hows everyone today.funky i started same time as you and im feeling the same.geting bored not. Regarding fasting i was advised to do ss plus so i get a meal at the end of the day .ss everyday during fasting wud b difiçult.i fast for 18 hours a day no food or drink so that leaves 6 hours to consume 3 packs meal and all the water .going to try ss starting monday..

Ahh I see! Thanks :)

Pinky maybe you would be better on a diet where you can eat more? You wouldn't be letting anyone down, just taking a different route. I just hate the thought of you feeling so down when you have eaten something, you aren't being fair on yourself and that always makes sticking to it harder ((hugs))

Pinky ((Hugs)) It sounds like you are having a time of it. Have you thought about doing one of the higher plans, just a thought, as you can still have a meal or two and it might fit into your lifestyle a bit better (with you working nights). Going in and out of ketosis will be playing havoc with your body. Soul Souce isn't for everyone and you have to do what is right for you. Whatever you decide you can be sure that we will all be behind you xx

Karen, maybe this is an option for you also. I can understand the boredom of not eating so maybe 810 or 1000 could be the way to go. You're looking fantastic right now and the losses might not be as big but you'll still definitely lose.

I don't really have any plans for the weekend. I'm working tomorrow then I have the week off..yay!! One thing I will definitely be doing is getting back to doing someexercise as I haven't done any for ages now and I really want to get into the habit again.

Hope the rest of the gang is ok xx

Pinky maybe you would be better on a diet where you can eat more? You wouldn't be letting anyone down, just taking a different route. I just hate the thought of you feeling so down when you have eaten something, you aren't being fair on yourself and that always makes sticking to it harder ((hugs))

Thanks Funky but been there tried that. Slimming World , Weight Watchers, Atkins! All less successful then this so far. Not sure why the last 2 days including today have been so bad but back at work tomorrow for 3 days so gonna be 100%. Find not thinking about food easier as I'm so busy all day so hopefully will be almost in ketosis by Tuesday if it works thus time.

Oooh..it's pretty quiet around here this weekend but I guess everyone is taking advantage of a lovely long weekend. Not been up to much myself. I spent last night with my sis and niece and I've just watched the Belgian Grand Prix - exciting and heart stopping.

I’m up for a new challenge and have decided to aim for my works Xmas Party, which is on Saturday 18th December. I didn't go to my last one as I was so unhappy, couldn't find anything to wear and pretty much loathed myself :( so I'm really looking forward to it this year, just me and 20 fellas ;). So my start date and weight is 26th Aug and 18st 12lbs and finish date and weight is 16th Dec and 15st 7lbs :eek:.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I might think about going up a step actually. Even for a couple of weeks.
Had an awful binge day yesterday. We're clearing out the loft and putting insulation and boards down (so you can imagine the mess!) and the kids were driving me nuts and I just cracked. I started with a tiger bread sandwich and just went from there. Not too bad really to begin with but the evening I had packet after packet of crisps and some chocolate.
I need a new crutch for these tough times.
I'm back on the plan today though with no problems. Weigh in tomorrow although AF is still here too so who knows what that will do.
The only good thing is that I've been on my feet and up and down stairs millions of times lol!

Back