Big Mummas Team Chat

Have any of you changed since losing weight?
I'm taking better care of my skin and I also bought some funky nail polish for my toenails. I really starting to enjoy looking after me again.
Next I want to dye my hair, I'm thinking something red - what do you think?

Hi teamies - its the miserable whinging old bag here full of misery and germs and fed up being stuck at home! My work, strangely enough, dont want me and my germs in there so am stuck at home. Am actually feeling not too bad today, not been coughing as much and have managed a couple of shakes over the weekend but nothing like as much as I should. Throat's too sore to eat food though so thats a bonus!

My cdc is on hols so I cant speak to her until mid Sept but my scales weigh same as hers so will keep an eye on my weight and try to stick with it. Have stayed the same since Tues so am just glad i havent went up. When I did cd before I cut back on the shakes to see if i could lose quicker (not a good idea!) and i actually put on weight so am going to try hard to take my 4 a day when I can.

Pinky - how you doing today huni? You managing to stick with it?

Sharon - can I come to your xmas party?? I think you might need help with all those men!! :D

Tahira - well done on sticking with it through fasting - that really cannot be easy!

Karen - a day of binging is no biggy - you're only human and if you feel going up the plans would be better for you for a few weeks then go for it chick, you'll still lose weight and still be in control of what you're doing. Its never easy when you're knee deep in mess at home - dieting doesnt seem to fit in so well when we're that busy.

Susie - hope you're ok too chick.

Hi ladies . Need to get up and get in shower as being lazy bones. Will catch up properly later x

Have any of you changed since losing weight?
I'm taking better care of my skin and I also bought some funky nail polish for my toenails. I really starting to enjoy looking after me again.
Next I want to dye my hair, I'm thinking something red - what do you think?

:D Me I definitely do. I’ve always taken care of my skin and hair but take more care of nails and body. I have to say the skin on my face is looking the best it ever has although thatt is probably due to drinking gallons of water and eating less crap food ;). The skin on my body is a different matter :( as I’ve shedded the weight I’m covered in stretch marks which you didn’t see before – oh well I’ll just keep moisturising. I’d say go for the change in hair colour (red does sound fab) you’ll feel like a different woman.

Hi teamies - its the miserable whinging old bag here full of misery and germs and fed up being stuck at home! My work, strangely enough, dont want me and my germs in there so am stuck at home. Am actually feeling not too bad today, not been coughing as much and have managed a couple of shakes over the weekend but nothing like as much as I should. Throat's too sore to eat food though so thats a bonus!

Sharon - can I come to your xmas party?? I think you might need help with all those men!! :D

Glad you’re feeling much better and hurrah for the sore throat (in a nice way). You really are having a time of it and it will be nice to have you back with us fighting fit and raring to go.

Haha and noooooo it’s all about me at the Xmas Party ;), I get spoilt rotten normally with drinks etc. Saying that if I’m not at goal by Xmas I won’t be drinking..booooooo!!

So I’m just chilling out today as I have the week off work. I went into town this morning and bought a new top in a size 18 :D. Yes it’s a bit tight and yes it is stretchy fabric but hell I don’t care I bought a size 18 top. Now buying trousers was a nightmare as everything is either short or regular and I’m 5’ 11’’ so I need long. The only pair I could find were in bootcut and I hate bootcut trousers. Oh well I’m not desperate for any yet and I’m sure I’ll find some on the old internet.

Anyone seen Susie about?

Hello Girls, well it is mighty quiet around here. Where are you all hiding?

It is week 21 (where does the time go)and I have lost 4lb this week which takes me under the 100lb to lose mark :D. I've mentioned out there on the main CD board about my loose skin which I suppose it to be expected when you start at 27st and have been overweight for the majority of your life :sigh:.

My boobs have shrunk quite dramatically after clinging on for dear life since I started CD..lol. So much so that from the waist up I look quite small (well for me) My sister said this week 'you look normal' :D I took it as a compliment. Without a bra they are bleurgh but kinda look ok if I stuff them into a bra. But I will definitely be having surgery on them and my arms when I am done. Oh well it's the price you pay I suppose for being massively overweight.

It's a glorious day here so my Daughter and me are going to the Trafford Centre to do some shopping. Have a great day everyone, hope you are ok xx

Just popping on as my house looks like its been ransacked lol!
I lost 2lbs this week so I'm hoping to get past the 2 stone mark next weigh in.
Went and bought a funky new outfit for school start, a long lined tunic thing and some leggings! Haven't worn those since I was ion my 20's lol!
The top is nice, its fitted around my boobs and shows off my top nice. Could get into this fashion thing!
Anyway will be back later for a proper catch up.

Still here ladies but been so busy with work and kids back to school not had chance to catch up. Off work tomorrow so will update then. hope you're all keeping well x :grouphugg:

Hi all, I didn't really find anything at the Trafford Centre although Daughter was in her element, and I was relegated to hanger holder and bag carrier - the joy. I was a bit fed up to be honest as I was all excited about going shopping and I found nothing.

When we came home she suggested Matalan so off we went and I found a top size 18 yay and finally some long wide leg trousers double yay in a size 20 but a little bit snug. I can't believe that I'm a size 18/20/22 which is a world away from being a snug size 34. And the biggest joy of joy was trying on said top in a size 20 and saying can you get me the next size down please :D (small things and all that). I also popped into TKMaxx and bought a new bag so the day wasn't a total disaster. And it was nice to spend the day with my baby.

It's another beautiful day here so I'm heading off out again today. I'm making the most of my time off as I'm back to work on Monday..boooooooo!!

Catch you later all xx

Well done Sharon! You sound a smaller size than me now - fantastic!! Have you got any pics?

Well I'm more back in the zone, at long last! Feeling hungry but I guess I need to get back into ketosis properly. Weigh in tonight!

Oh a woman up the school didn't recognise me lol! It was only when she saw Evie that she realised it was me!

Happy Monday everyone!

Well done Sharon and Funky on your losses keep up the good work :clap:

I have had a bad 10 days been very short Staffed at work and been working long hours and am now shattered. As a result I've not been sticking to CD very well. Went for lunch with some girls from work to wind down on Friday and ate loads. :break_diet: . I've also been picking at chocolate, crisps, bread and oh yes also went to pizza hut last week also. As a rest at my weigh in today I have gained 1 kg or 2.2 lbs . Only got myself to blame I suppose. Gonna try Znd go back 100% from today. Not feeling in a good place at the moment with work. Looking at applying for a new job I've seen advertised which is in my home town rather than an hours drive away.

Hope you ladies are all in good spirits Funky and Karen you certainly do :) Where are you other ladies, hope you're ok :grouphugg:

Hope you manage to find something else Pinky! Good luck with getting back on the plan ((hugs))

Well I had my weigh in tonight and I lost 4lbs! Taking me to 30lbs lost and only 25 to go! Wowowowowow!!!

Well done Sharon! You sound a smaller size than me now - fantastic!! Have you got any pics?

Well I'm more back in the zone, at long last! Feeling hungry but I guess I need to get back into ketosis properly. Weigh in tonight!

Oh a woman up the school didn't recognise me lol! It was only when she saw Evie that she realised it was me!

Happy Monday everyone!

Haha I doubt I'm smaller than you the size 18 top was stretchy and my trousers are now a snug size 20. I do have pics I usually have them taken every month (I've been on CD 5 months on Thursday :eek:) so my DD will take pics..I might be brave and post them.

Hurrah to being back in the zone as I know you've been stuggling and how lovely that you didn't get recognised, she must have been gobsmacked.

Well done Sharon and Funky on your losses keep up the good work :clap:

I have had a bad 10 days been very short Staffed at work and been working long hours and am now shattered. As a result I've not been sticking to CD very well. Went for lunch with some girls from work to wind down on Friday and ate loads. :break_diet: . I've also been picking at chocolate, crisps, bread and oh yes also went to pizza hut last week also. As a rest at my weigh in today I have gained 1 kg or 2.2 lbs . Only got myself to blame I suppose. Gonna try Znd go back 100% from today. Not feeling in a good place at the moment with work. Looking at applying for a new job I've seen advertised which is in my home town rather than an hours drive away.

Hope you ladies are all in good spirits Funky and Karen you certainly do :) Where are you other ladies, hope you're ok :grouphugg:

Hugs Hun it must be even harder trying to stick to CD when you're struggling at work. I think applying for another job would be just what your need. Don't beat yourself up too much about your small gain, you'll get there xx

Hope you manage to find something else Pinky! Good luck with getting back on the plan ((hugs))

Well I had my weigh in tonight and I lost 4lbs! Taking me to 30lbs lost and only 25 to go! Wowowowowow!!!

Wow indeed that is such a great loss Karen and it must be a huge boost. Come on Missus you can do this only 25 to go. Well done little mumma ;) xx

Hey teamies, havent been posting of late as I am so fed up moaning all the time and I am sure you must all be fed up listening to me moaning.

Still not feeling very well. Been back at the docs again and he says my immune system clearly isnt functioning as is should. Have had blood taken and have to go and see him again when the results are back later this week. My tonsillitis is gone but still have the bronchitis and am now also covered in a highly unattractive and very itchy rash that covers me from my chest to my ankles - thank goodness its getting cold now and I can cover it up! Doc thinks my system is having an adverse reaction to the flu virus and this could be casuing all my additional ailments but hopes the blood tests will shine some light on things - the joys!

Am supposed to be off CD - docs orders - but am not really. Am kind of doing my own version of a higher plan and having my CD for breakfast and lunch and then having dinner at night but my taste buds are shot to bits too at the moment so my dinner is basically whatever I can taste that day! Am not enjoying food but am also not enjoying my CD - am basically trying to muddle through and not put any of the weight I've lost back on again.

Moan over - will pop back from time to time but wont be around much until I am feeling more like me ole self - there's only so much whinging and monaing I can do without actually starting to p**s myself off!!!

Hope you're all well.

dx

You album says its an invalid link?

;) I haven't posted them yet as I only took them tonight - I might put them up tomorrow on my 5 month anniversary..lol.

Oh Debs, so sorry to hear about all your troubles it must be horrible for you. I understand you staying away but please don't be a stranger - Big Mummas Thread is pretty quiet these days xx

Well I haven't been up to much myself. Been back at work..boo hiss, it's been mayhem and I had a week's worth of paperwork to clear..cheers guys. The season is underway so I'm on with Football stuff and it's going to be pretty busy for me I can see but I suppose it keeps me busy. TOTM is looming again so I'm not expecting a huge loss this week but would love to get my 8 1/2 stone loss which I should do as I only have to lose a measly pound. I can't believe I've been doing CD for 5 months it really has flown by.

Hope the rest of the gang is ok, luv to all xx

So annoyed just posted long message on here and it's gone

Blimey Deb that's a long time to be ill ((hugs))
And come on to moan all you want, it's better than keeping it in and we're here for support!
Take care hun xx

Sharon you'll get there I'm sure! 5 months is that all??? Wow wow wow!!

Pinky that's a bummer isn't it!

Happy Thursday all..

I lost 4lbs this week bringing my overall total to 8st 10lbs :D and less than 7st to go if I don't adjust my target weight in the meantime. It's been a funny day I've had loads of compliments today about my weight loss and one cheeky swine who I haven't seen for ages asked if I'd had my jaw wired :eek::D Good job I know him well!!

I was on someone else's thread yesterday and summed up how I feel about CD at the moment - I'm bored, not with the diet but with the lack of variety. Saying that I do have my 810 week in 2 weeks so I have that to look forward to. I never thought I'd look forward to cottage cheese and lettuce so much.

I'm not sure if you have seem them out on the main board but I'll post my pics here as well - Before (God I loathe this picture) and 5 months on.

How you all doing girls? Haven't heard from some of you in a while, hope youre ok xx

Last edited:
Thanks Karen xx

Just popping in to say hello and wish everyone a good weekend. I'm working tomorrow boooo...but only until lunchtime and I have a football match on Sunday and just relaxing the rest of time. Have a good one all xx

Back