Big Mummas Team Chat

Awww Fallen its not like that at all.
We didn't know what had happened or if you were coming back to post. Pinky was looking to join a team and we weren't sure what was happening with you, as we said in previous posts. We also said we hoped you'd be back to join us!
The team things doesn't seem to be as rigid as we thought so we thought having an extra member wouldn't hurt, the more the merrier.
Sorry to hear about your husband, I hope he's ok.
We'd love to have to stay with us!

Just looking around it doesn't appear that weights are being submitted, so I can't see that it matters how many we have in our team.
So shall we just add PinkJay in and hope Fallen comes back to join us too?

Just to show that we did hope you'd come back! Please stay!

hi,

As susie tuesday said it is very, very hard to word something in text and it always be taken in the way in which the writer may have intended.

At the same time it can be very hard reading some words, and all tho there was a post regarding my return, i could in fairness, quote several others that can be read in not such a positive way.

But, I do understand that I am in the fragile state, which can enhance the not so positive words. With this, and trying to not be defensive at all, i felt and still feel it best the team carry on with the six you now have - and i honestly wish you all lots of luck on your path...

I look forward to reading how you are all getting on. I am here if any of you need support, be it in a day, a week or a yrs time - support does not have a time limit, so please feel free to contact me if any of you feel like a chat.

take care

I too hope we can all keep on supporting each other and keep in touch :)

Hope your DH is on the mend and take time to look after yourself too x

I understand Fallen. I'll definitely be available for support any time you need it and I look forward to following your weight loss journey. Hugs to you and hubby xx

Tahira, I hope fasting is going ok for you and you feel ok. SS+ is definitely a sensible option.

So I had my weigh in this morning and I have loss another 4lbs making it 7st 7lbs in total. As I posted on my weigh in thread I had my photographs taken on Monday and that person in the photo isn't me, I don't recognise her - it all feels very strange, but I am trying to get my head around it all. I have finally got into my size 22's :D and I'm going into town tomorrow to buy some new (cheap) clothes but not too many as they'll be too big in a month or so.

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Hmm I can't see any not so positive posts on all this. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree and move on. I do think its unfair to make reference to this in other posts though. I know you are going through a very hard time right now and I'm sorry for that, but I do think you are being unfair.

So teamies, anything for the weekend planned? I had a couple of rough days, my fault I did pick at some food. Weight went up, was feeling cold and headachy going back into ketosis but today I'm feeling positive and back in the groove.

Awaken Me you are amazing! Good luck for your weigh in Tahira!

Karen - glad to hear you are back in the groove. I don't have much planned for the weekend, I'm working tomorrow and I will probably watch my nephew play football on Sunday.

So I've had a long overdue day off work today and I went into town to buy some clothes. I picked up a new cardigan, a couple of tops and some underwear. While I was there I also got myself fitted for a new bra and the woman who measured me said the bra I have been wearing was 6 inches to big around the back :eek:. My new bra is amazing and I look like I have pert boobs and they also look so much smaller - it just goes to show how a good fitting bra can make all the difference. I also popped in for a manicure and just mooched around browsing, so I've had a lovely day.

Hope everyone is ok in Big Mumma land xx

Hi guys good to see you are all well and the pounds are dropping off. Great to see Debs and Susie back also . Fallen I'm sorry about your husbands illness and wish him a speedy recovery.
Not been so great the last few days after returningto SS on Sunday I fell again on Thursday and ate a sandwich and later garlic bread and cereal. :break_diet: I have also found myself picking. Food has yet again become the focus of my thoughts and I'm getting on the scales 4 or 5 times a day :sigh: my water intake is not what it should be and generally I feel miserable about food.
I am however trying yet again to stick to 100% so fingers crossed.
Shall catch up properly soon guys l

hi all fasting is going ok , just feeling tired. had my weigh in yesterday have lost 4 pounds. im off work thyis weekend so just relaxing...

Hi Guys,

Must be something in the water PinkJ as i feel off the wagon too :break_diet: But back on it as of this morning and with only 5 weeks till hols i want to stick to it!

Did weigh in on Friday morn and after picking Thurs night i had lost 1 Ib :eek: so i'm going to accept that and move on.

On a plus note i did try on a top and a jacket that didn't fit 2 weeks ago and fit now :D so inches must be going just made me really annoyed that i'd messed up.

So teamies hope your w'end is a happy one and catch up soon x

Morning lovelies

Susie/Pinky ((Hugs)). We all know that any diet is tough but I think any VLCD is tougher than them all. Looking around the forum at all diets there are a lot of people struggling at the moment. We're all human but you're determinded to get back on the diet and not let it defeat it you - which I admire greatly. Be kind to yourselves xx

Tahira - well done on your loss.

Well I was going to have a lie in this morning but I was wide awake at 7 and the sun is shining :D.

I went to see my Auntie yesterday, who I haven't seen for about 6 months, and she was gobsmacked at how much weight I had lost. Then I had the old 'well you know you will put it all back on when you're finished don't you' routine :mad: It was the second negative comment I had about CD yesterday - I wish people wouldn't pass comment about things they know nothing about, it really is annoying.

She then followed this up with 'Well I guess I'm the biggest tubby in the family now' an honour previously held by me but no longer..yay! She is such a cheeky cow but I absolutely adore her plus she reminds me so much of my lovely Dad. I think by the time I had left she was ok with it and commended me on how well I had done.

I spent last night with my friend and he husband and their son who I haven't seen for 3 months as he has been working in America came in and screamed 'F**k me' then spent 10 minutes staring at me like I was an alien - it did make me :D

Not much planned for today just going to chill out methinks. Have a good one ladies, no doubt I'll be back later xx

Last edited:
Afternoon guys hope you are all well

Morning lovelies Susie/Pinky ((Hugs)).

Thank you Awaken Me

Then I had the old 'well you know you will put it all back on when you're finished don't
you' routine :mad: It was the second negative comment I had about CD yesterday - I wish people wouldn't pass comment about things they know nothing about, it really is annoying.

I agree I get these comments also and it makes me feel
like they are saying "you're bring fooled silly woman and soon you will be back to being fat again soon"

She then followed this up with 'Well I guess I'm the biggest tubby in the family now' an honour previously held by me but no longer..yay!

Sorry had to LoL at that . She sounds like the nan off Catherine Tate who always says it how it is.:D xx

Hope you are all having a good weekend. I have managed to stay 100% for yesterday and sp far today but I am on a night shift tonight so will take an extra shake in with me to keep me going.

Got my number 4 weigh in tomorrow - hoping to have lost 3 lbs or more to make it the first 1 stone fingers crossed.

Take care all of you xx :D:p

Last edited:
Good Luck for weigh in PinkyJ you'll do fine :D

Well i'm happy as i've been 100% today and not struggled as such, long may it last :p

Have a good evening everyone x

Was hoping to have a proper catchup but I'm running out of time tonight lol!
We're off camping tomorrow for a few days - first time wish us luck!
Anyway I decided to come off the diet for a few days, I've been really struggling with what to do, but decided that as its our 1st sort of holiday in 3 years and last year was a very crappy one for me that I want to have a good time without being tied to soups and stuff.
I don't plan on going mad but I'm going to let my hair down and have fun. Its only till thursday anyway and I'm straight back on the plan when we come back.
See you when I get back, good luck to anyone weighing in!

Thanx Susie I hope I get a loss of 3 lb or more but with my few bad days who knows.
Well done Susie on staying 100% and stick with it. :D
Funky hope you have fun camping and the weather stays good. Like Susie says stay away from too many carbs and you should be ok. :D
Well at the moment I am on my break at work . I've been up since 9am and I'm feeling tired. Also hungry. There are biscuits everywhere but I am resisting. I want those 3 lbs off.
Did a ketones test earlier and there were no ketones present in my urine so guess I'm still not in ketosis :sigh: Oh well serves me right for my eating . Hope you all have good day tomorrow xxx

hi all its day 6 of ramadhan (fasting), still managing to do ss plus, but yesterday only managed 2 packs with my ss meal,think i will get tetras next week they are easy to manage even when you dont feel like anything and i think im addicted to the peanut bars :D.

good luck on your weigh in pinky jay.
well done susie for staying 100 %, it will be worth it.
funky hope you have a great time im sure you will, i agree with the others stay away from as many carbs as you can and get back to 100 % when you get back youll be fine.

hope you all have a great day....

Still not caught up on all the posts i've missed but am back in the land of the living (almost!) today and contemplating a vanilla shake. Water glugging going well so far.

Hope everyone is well and I'll try and catch up with the posts later.

Dx

Still not caught up on all the posts i've missed but am back in the land of the living (almost!) today and contemplating a vanilla shake. Water glugging going well so far.

:DGlad to hear that Debs. In no time at all you'll be back to your normal self, posting away lol.

Well guys just had my weigh in and glad to report a 4lb loss this week :D. This take me to losing a stone and 1 lb yippee:D.
I had my bad day last Thursday which kicked me off Ketosis if I'd ever got back on it.

So if possible full steam ahead to lose at least 4lb for next week and I'll be a happy pink bunny.

:grouphugg: to you all

We're off camping tomorrow for a few days - first time wish us luck!

I don't plan on going mad but I'm going to let my hair down and have fun. Its only till thursday anyway and I'm straight back on the plan when we come back.

Have a great time and try to avoid the carbs, but you are on holiday and enjoy it as much as possible especially as you have waited so long for one. Catch up when you get back xx

hi all its day 6 of ramadhan (fasting), still managing to do ss plus, but yesterday only managed 2 packs with my ss meal,think i will get tetras next week they are easy to manage even when you dont feel like anything and i think im addicted to the peanut bars :D

Great news and I hope you don't mind me saying but you sound so much upbeat. I know fasting is really tough more so when you are doing CD. My Daughter's boyfriend is muslim and he is fasting at the moment. They were supposed to be going on holiday before she went back to uni but obviously they can't now - she wasn't a happy bunny for a while.

I won't eat the bars as I'm a scaredy cat and think I will binge :rolleyes:. Also I LURVE tetras (choc tetras are the only thing I have) and they do indeed make life easier xx

Hope everyone is well and I'll try and catch up with the posts later.

Dx

Yay..Debs so glad to see you are back with us. Hope you're over the worst of it and back to posting normally soon xx

Well guys just had my weigh in and glad to report a 4lb loss this week :D. This take me to losing a stone and 1 lb yippee:D.
I had my bad day last Thursday which kicked me off Ketosis if I'd ever got back on it.

So if possible full steam ahead to lose at least 4lb for next week and I'll be a happy pink bunny.

:D Fantastic news Pinky..what a result. I know you've been struggling this week so I'm chuffed that you have such a great loss. You'll kick butt now - I'm sure xx

Quick update from me as I'm about to go to another football meeting.

Someone came into work today and said 'wow you look like your sister' to which I replied 'oh no no no..she looks like me' (I'm almost 3 years older). It made my day as I thought back to a time last year when were having a drink in a bar and someone asked if I was her mum :eek: I was bloomin offended!! Whilst I admit I looked older than my 34 years I most certainly did not look old enough to have a 31 year old child. It makes me laugh thinking about it now :D :D.

I better run - will be back later xx

Back