Bike Ride - What New Things Do You Do?

Claireybella

Gold Member
I went out for a bike ride on Monday, ended up doing over 4 miles! :happy036:

Two days later, my bum is still hurting! :bunnydance: I thought my bum was well padded, clearly, I need a gel seat!

I did enjoy it though, and it's something I would never have dreamed of doing a year ago. What new exercise do you do now, that you would never have thought of doing before?

same here Claire - i never thought i would get a bike until you said, and i thought - yeah, i could get one!!

I do have a gel seat, but my butt hurts until 3 days if i go out for an hour or more!!!

Try getting a gel seat and some cycle leggings (they have padding where you need it!!!) x

I've not tried it yet but there is a new exeriseclass started up locally called Zumba, a fusion of dance styles which I would like to try.

Roller Derby!

I would have never have dreamed of strapping on roller skates and bashing into other women before. Although thinking about it, I would probably have been more effective as a blocker when I was bigger lol

Yeah, I've seen those leggings, Elle. Don't fancy forking out for em though! Ha ha! Glad I inspired you to a bike *yay me!*

They are so cheap in Sports World - about £9!!! or just get your leggings and shove a tea towel down there!!! haha! x

Biking with me too, I got on a bike for the first time in years on 4th May, since then I've clocked up 52 miles... still got a long way to go as want to do 100 in May. Luckily (in a way) I still have an in built 'cushion', hehe xxx

I'd love to get a bike--there are some great parks around here that are superb for cycling but getting to them means taking your life into your hands, the roads around here are lethal :eek:

But there is a Zumba class locally that I'm desperate to try. I'm hoping that in the next few weeks some of our financial issues will be resolved (S has been accepted as an instructor at the University of Phoenix and will be starting to take classes "within 45 days" which means we'll finally have a steady income :talk017:) at which point I'll be able to pay for a weekly exercise class or two :D

The Zumba classes sound fab. I did Salsacise for a while, which was fun, till I twisted my knee! Not good, but then, my trackies were too long and it was them that I slipped on!

As for the cycling, I'm the same. The route I took that other day was all cycle paths, but I'm sure I'll get bored of that one soon, so I'll have to go online and look for somewhere new. It's a pain having to get the bike rack on the car, to drive to somewhere just to cycle!

For me it is cycling and walking. Now that my son is 10 we can now go for long cycle rides as a family. We recently did a 17 mile ride along the cycle path near my in laws caravan in North Wales.

I have also started walking more, when I drop my son of at drama club on a Tuesday and guitar on a Thursday both of which are a hour long I park the car up and then go for a walk for an hour. On a thursday there are Asda and Tesco within walking distance so quite often I walk there to pick up any bargains I have seen here on Minimins.

I have a bike in my garage that I haven't been on for years. Hubby keeps trying to get me to get rid of it (says it is taking up room) Maybe when he is a work I will get on it & build up slowly then amaze him with my cycling skills :8855:

I have a bike in my garage that I haven't been on for years. Hubby keeps trying to get me to get rid of it (says it is taking up room) Maybe when he is a work I will get on it & build up slowly then amaze him with my cycling skills :8855:

Maybe you should? Apart from my aching bum, I really enjoy it and it doesn't feel like I'm exercising!

For me it is cycling and walking. Now that my son is 10 we can now go for long cycle rides as a family. We recently did a 17 mile ride along the cycle path near my in laws caravan in North Wales.

I have also started walking more, when I drop my son of at drama club on a Tuesday and guitar on a Thursday both of which are a hour long I park the car up and then go for a walk for an hour. On a thursday there are Asda and Tesco within walking distance so quite often I walk there to pick up any bargains I have seen here on Minimins.

17 miles? You go girl!!

Maybe you should? Apart from my aching bum, I really enjoy it and it doesn't feel like I'm exercising!

I had a ear infection that affected my balance really badly for ages so I have sort of lost my confidence for cycling now. Last time I went on the bike I got really cold ears & I got really upset about the whole thing :(. I am going to try going just up & down the road to see how I get on with that as I am sort of scared that I am going to wobble & fall off. Hope that makes sense

Back