BINGE EATING

CLUCKS

Hi Peeps
I've never been 1 for 'self-help' books but am seriously considering ourchasing 'Overcoming Binge Eating'.... I know it's a bit of a taboo subject to discuss with anyone other than bingers - I just wondered if anyone else had read it & if they found it interesting???
Thanks
Clare

I haven't read it but I'd be interested in hearing whether it's any good. I've had to accept I fall into this category! :(

i am a regular binge eater - worse now than ever!!! don't even think i binged properly before!!!!! it's scary innit?

When i'm in binge mode i feel like food is the only thing on this planet with me... I react like a junkie does to her next fix.... i see no consequence just ramming as much food down my fat face as possible - then i feel guilty and the only thing to stop my guilt is to continue eating - then i wake up the next day devastated...

i ate a lot before but don't think i binged! i can do it 3 times in a week max - sometimes just 1 but never less than one! that hurt writing that down. What do you do 10?

could it possibly be that your perception of what a binge is has changed since you lost weight?

If you were eating a lot more before anyway then what you would eat now and feel bad about probably wouldnt have felt as much to you. I know I feel that way about it anyway. I really got myself down a while ago thinking I'd binged but when I thought about exactly what I'd had it wasn't that much at all compared to what I used to eat.

I haven't read it but i've got it! What does that say!! I also bought the other one by her - "If you eat at the fridge pull up a chair" and haven't read that one either.

Diva recommended these to me so maybe she'll jump in - reading this thread has motivated me to hunt them out though!!

With me, what happens is that my proper diet is saintly (this is when I'm not SSing) .... chicken breast, cottage cheese, hardly any carbs etc and not in huge portions - and then comes the bits in between .... I'm talking 'unofficial' food as I never have it on a plate or count it in with my meals. I'll eat a wrapped chocolate biscuit (like a penguin type thing) then another as I pass ... and another - and then before I know it I've had 5 or 6. After that comes the guilt then more food.
I rarely stop until I feel physically sick and incapable of eating another mouthful. Then I go to bed feeling like cr*p and swearing I'll be 'different' tomorrow.
My 'contraband' usually consists of finger foods - cold meat, bits of cheese, handfuls of nuts etc.
And my constant picking and grazing is ALWAYS in secret.

I don't remember being like this before but to be honest, I haven't really been off SS long enough to find out whether things would calm down given enough time.

I'm glad of this thread though - makes me realise I'm not alone.

thank god , were normal
is it us just testing our bondries? or what
after[ in my case not eating for 6 months.]

With me, what happens is that my proper diet is saintly (this is when I'm not SSing) .... chicken breast, cottage cheese, hardly any carbs etc and not in huge portions - and then comes the bits in between .... I'm talking 'unofficial' food as I never have it on a plate or count it in with my meals. I'll eat a wrapped chocolate biscuit (like a penguin type thing) then another as I pass ... and another - and then before I know it I've had 5 or 6. After that comes the guilt then more food.
I rarely stop until I feel physically sick and incapable of eating another mouthful. Then I go to bed feeling like cr*p and swearing I'll be 'different' tomorrow.
My 'contraband' usually consists of finger foods - cold meat, bits of cheese, handfuls of nuts etc.
And my constant picking and grazing is ALWAYS in secret.

I don't remember being like this before but to be honest, I haven't really been off SS long enough to find out whether things would calm down given enough time.

I'm glad of this thread though - makes me realise I'm not alone.

Maybe I'm just an 'all or nothing' person .... I either have TOTAL control (SSing) or NO control (bingeing).

I like the testing boundaries theory - we're having to cope with the 'new people' we've become I guess and maybe we're saying 'are you really so very different from when you were at your heaviest?'

It's all a huge journey of discovery (nice to have the safety net of CD there though) :)

Hi RD

I'm exactly like you - total perfection or total carnage!!!!!

A binge for me before would be a big takeaway followed by a bar of chocolate.

A binge for me now would be a pastie and a packet of crisps on way to get takeaway, eating half the stuff on my way home, a huge plateful which will prob take me three hours to eat cos i get so stuffed plus several choc/biscuit combinations.

There is no worse feeling than overstuffed - it's disgusting. And makes you feel so depressed. When i get like this i fantasise about the empty feeling we get from SS;ing.

it's a weird thing.

Hey look at these stats Karen ...

Both joined MM on the same day, both posted around the same (give or take 100 ;) ), if the '1972' is your birth date then I'm ten years ahead of you exactly (1962) and we are like binging twinnies!! lol

I can SO identify with wanting the empty feeling of SS after a couple of weeks of pigging. Sheesh - am I going to be on this yo-yo forever?

Sometimes I think I'm going to end up doing the opposite of 'AAM' ... i.e 3 weeks of gorging followed by a week of SS for the rest of my life!

Debbie - how bizzare is that - bingeing twinnies indeed!!!!! Have you put on any weight with your bingeing? I've put around a stone on grrrrrr and it's increasing all the time - still yoyoing but the higher figure is getting bigger and bigger all th time!

Back