Bingeing... Why?!!?

Chocolate is our enemy !!! Lol. Very sorry ur at ur weight from Christmas :( these diets suck so bad!! U have to maintain ur weight lost or it comes right back on. I gained 10 pounds in a week on vacation n it took me 3 weeks to loose. Now that is beyond annoying.

Really happy with myself, havent binged for three days. I don't know what stopped it, but it feels like a switch has been turned off. I don't feel the need to binge at all. I hope it lasts. I've also done two sessions at the gym this week. Gonna do two each week until I'm used to it, then I will increase it. I hope everyone else is having a good day, if not there is always tomorrow. Don't give up, you will get there.

Still binging. It's like something has taken over me. Only a few weeks back I went for almost a month without a binge but don't know how. Have 6 weeks left to my hol. Assuming I haven't put too much on, I should be able to lose 7 lbs by then. I know I am putting enormous pressure on myself by doing this but I feel gross and have to take a stand.

Micci- don't worry about the reply, I know you're in there with me. The book is great but I cannot do the Watcher yet (I have spent ages trying to invent a wild child and a dictator without success so will have to think of some other imagery). The concept is very similar to the Fred thread and I found this easier to visualise. I have tried to be compassionate to myself but find this impossible. I am too angry with myself. All the time I am trying to be Zen-like, little (mainly food) thoughts enter into my head!

So, me too, Micci, I am tired. Lots of rushing around today and high stress levels. With me it's always manana, manana......

PomOOky xx (OO's are getting fatter) :mad:

Hi Poomooky, sorry to hear you're so stressed. Binging sucks and I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I binged myself last night and feel so down about it today, I don't know what the answer is.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose 7lbs before your holiday. You've done so well already - technically you're not in the overweight bmi category so these last few pounds will be hard to shift. Try to see any loss as a success as at this stage of the game it will be.

I know why I binged last night. I was feeling really down so hit the fridge, and now I feel so much worse. At the time a voice in my head was telling me not to do it and that I would regret it, but I just kept on eating regardless. Now I'm oh so bloated and feel so down, it's like I can feel the fat piling on just sitting here. Ho hum...

Anyway, hope you're feeling a bit better today. (((hugs))) Kx

Hi Krupskaya

Yep. it's pants this bingeing business! I feel dreadful. I have put on 4lbs! I also have TOTM and did a mock exam this morning. How stressful is that?!

Maybe all this triggered the food frenzy but I don't want to give in everytime I get a problem I don't want to deal with. I am the same as you - as I eat I am saying to myself "Stop now, you'll regret it etc etc" but carry on regardless. I ate so many crunchies my mouth is sore today! EEuurgh!

I know I am not technically fat but due to my (old) age all the weight is around my middle and I look like a balloon that is going down. I have eaten healthily so far today but the bingeing is alway 7pm onwards. I shall remove myself from all temptation (well, the bit that is left after my eating fest) tonight. I am not going to work tomorrow with that yucky feeling.

Hope you are better today and the weather is not like here (grey, windy, rainy). I now have 10lbs to lose instead of 8lbs - I have slithered right back down the scale.

Well, I aim to lose at least 7 before my hols because I know I won't enjoy it if not and will be paranoid about hiding escaping rolls of flesh and sweating under a hairy cardigan!!

Pomooky XX :rolleyes:

Hi Micci - How are you this weekend? Your inbox is full methinks!

How are the kittens?

I am ok but roll on Monday is all I can say.....

Pomooky XX

I've just emptied it :) Hint hint :)

Kittens are soooooooo cute and tiny but feeding well and this cat is looking after them well. Nothing like the cat that had kittens three months ago and we had to keep persuading her to go back and look after them. Next Wednesday she goes to get neutered and the current mum as soon as poss. Blimey, we've been rescuing pathetic little cats for over 30 years now and never had a single pregnancy. Its a worry I can tell you .....

anyway, 'nuff kitten gossip, I could go on for ages about them.

Its been peeing down here and I'm shattered 'cos I stayed up till silly o'clock this morning and had loads and loads to do but did nothing but drive in the rain and the bad traffic (an accident somewhere perhaps?) to get my boy back to hospital.

I do so know what you mean about that insistent voice in the head going on about what a foolish move it is to stuff in the 8th choccie bar, and how easy it is to disbelieve it. And to shut it up by eating yet more.

Ah Pomooky and Krupskaya, Lesley, Amanda, Mandy and every one, we should have our very own boot camp without the fierce trainers, just doing nice things and being mindful of our eating - perhaps (and this is all fantasy of course) we should all descend on Aline and enjoy her beach and sunshine.

I've absolutely now words of advice to give, I wish I could share some of my good feelings around. Things started getting better for me when my family troubles started getting more sorted, I went into counselling myself and the book I read was the icing on the cake ... sorry perhaps not such a good metaphor here :) I'm now aware though that my tendency is to binge when things get bad, and hope my new found ability to detach myself from the drive will hold out when things get very difficult again. I hope so as I know difficult times will come again.

Pomooky, how was the mock exam, how did you feel about your ability to answer as required?
Krupskaya, how are you now?
Lesley, where are you?
Amanda, is it still going well for you at the gym?
Mandy, you lost your holiday gain? Well done you.

Micci xxx

Hi Micci, so glad you're feeling good. That's really good news. I'm plodding on - overate yesterday but it wasn't a binge, I think maybe simple gluttony instead :sigh:. I've got wi on wednesday and feel like I've blown it big time. Ho hum we'll see.

How are you doing Pomooky? Hope you're feeling better. What about you Aline, lesley, Amanda and Mandy (excuse me if I've left anyone out).

Like your idea of a therapeutic boot camp Micci. Wouldn't it be fab! Oh well, we can dream!

Hi micci

Things are ok, had a binge of 13 choc bars on Friday. Had weigh in today and had lost 4lbs, I was gobsmacked. I had a really busy weekend, so was napping while Luke was watching his programs, the phone rang and woke me (nuisance call) got off the phone and had the hump. Ate two normal size dairy milks and 5 jammie dodgers. Could have been worse. My eldest son made a lemon meringue pie today, so I'm gonna have to try a little bit, don't want to upset him.

Gym went well on Tuesday, ached for the next two days, but still went back Thursday. Felt much better when I came out. I'm going again tomorrow, gonna have to do a little extra to make up for today's naughtyness. I'm planning on going to the gym twice a week for the moment, when I get some confidence I might do some classes too.

I'm getting there slowly, as will all of us eventually.

Amanda! You had thirteen choccie bars and lost 4lbs! I'm stunned, lost for words. I hope all the exercise makes it work again this week.

Krupskaya, Its interesting to make the distinction between gluttony and a binge isn't it? I really am aware of the difference too. Had a bit of overdoing it myself yesterday but feel happy that today I am compensating without being silly about it. Soooo you're on for the fantasy boot camp? I went for a real adventure camp in Wales once, one of those outward bound courses and would love to do some of the activities again. They'd have to find be bigger pot holes for me to go down now though :)

Have a good evening everyone.

Hi micci, I've had another bad day today, didn't sleep at all well last night, when I'm tired I find it extra hard to resist the naughty foods. I have been to the gym again today even though I was tired. I didn't want to miss out. I'm not aching at all at the moment, even added a little go of cross trainer today. So did 30 mins of cardio and 2 sets of the 6 resistance machines.

Hi Amanda
I've just gone through a bad patch too. It will end, don't give up. At least you're not giving up on the exercise which would be easy to do after 13 chocolate bars! When I binge I don't bother with anything - my nails, going out etc. I think I'm not worth spending the time on! My last binge was a cracker, so many Crunchie bars my mouth was shredded and I had to sooth it with a Twix (or two). When I look at this now, it seems like another person did it. I would not let anyone else eat this amount of crap, so why do I let myself?

I truly hope you are feeling better now and know how you feel about the evenings. I have got a big pile of ironing and, of course, minimins to distract me. I am doing it hour by hour until time for bed and danger over. Pathetic isn't it?

Hugs Pomooky XX

Hi pomooky

I am so tired I'm just going to bed. I need an early night, which I hope will arm me with some willpower to stay away from food I shouldn't be eating. I need to be 100% from tomorrow if I'm gonna lose this week. I have 5 days to get my self back on track properly. Fingers crossed I will still get a loss on Monday, even 1lb, at least it's going the right way.

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in.

I have an awful relationship with food, the whole 'all or nothing' thing is all too familiar.

I went 24 days from the 18th May without a binge then blew it on this last weekend. I went for it believe me. I know why i did it, i was feeling so low, for no particular reason, just PMT. I KNEW that it would pass but i binged regardless. I tried to get back on the wagon on the Sunday but failed miserably. I woke up wanting sugar even though i wasn't hungry...the addiction i suppose.

It is so true what Pomooky says, you just can't be bothered to do anything when you are having an 'episode'. I don't want to do housework, wash my hair, go out anywhere etc, this makes me more miserable so i then want to eat more!

The reason i managed to crawl back on the wagon Monday morning was because i had a big exam today and i needed to cram some extra revision in. I knew that if i made Monday a bad day i would eat all night and veg on the sofa and not get any revision done. Had i not had the exam, i think i would have still been in that horrible place.

I am firmly back in motivation mode at the minute, the more days i am back into it, the easier it feels. I am really proud that i was so mindful Monday morning and convinced myself what the best thing to do was. Exams are over now, but i need some sort of similar back up to use incase this happens again.

I am so glad i have found this little thread, i can't believe how common binge eating is either.

I will be popping in here a lot i think :eek:

Hi Chocolate Bananas

So glad you have got back on track. PMT is a tricky one and exams are even trickier. Bingeing is awful as in a couple of days it can take you right back to where you were before emotionally and physically.

Yes, this thread is good in that you don't feel so alone when you have a bad day; everybody understands. Here's to the rest of the week and your exam results!

Lil Miss Sunshine - how are you now? ((((hugs))))

Pomooky XX

Hi all, Im so glad i just found this i have always had a bad relationship with food i binge when Im bored, lonely, happy sad angry etc etc, i started slimming world 3 weeks ago first 2 weeks i did great 3rd week and Im thinking i have so much to lose (8 stone) its going to take forever Blah Blah you know the drill and that was it i was binging again the thing is when i lose the weight every week i feel fantastic (started many different diets many times) but then i always end up binging and not going back to class and piling any weight Ive lost back on and more straight back on. I really wish for the good of my health and the fact that we would like a baby but due to pcos its virtually impossible and the doctors won't touch me until the weight is gone was enough but this overwhelming feeling of needing to eat comes over me and that's it back to normal eating which for me is never good as it involves no breakfast followed by crisps chocolate bread etc etc etc etc etc etc

Im so fed up with myself for not having any willpower but its good to know Im not alone hopefully instead of binging i can start to replace my habits with other things.

Anyway sorry for rambling on hope i haven't intruded and look forward to up all working together to beat this nasty habit

Hey all!

Well returned from holiday and in 2 weeks probably had 8 bad ones! I was surrounded by temptation and was like an animal. Back on track today, low carb got rid of all chocolate and sweet stuff (think I ate it on last binge!!) day one non binging won!!

Tomorrow three meals low carb, plenty of protein and life in between!!

Hi Louise, hope you had a nice holiday and well done for only having 8 bad days i would have used it as a perfect excuse to binge the whole holiday and then carry on when i came back for at least another week. At least your back on board now and day 1 done good luck for the rest of the week.

For the last few days when i have wanted to binge i have come on here and read what people are doing and saying and it seems to help for the moment.

The thing that keeps me from bingeing is remembering how hard it is to get out of it...i find it SO difficult. It's never just an hour or a day, before i know it 2 or 3 weeks have gone by and i've gained 10lbs.

That is what's keeping me out of it, remembering that. Luckily the longer i go without a binge the easier it gets.

I too would have used a holiday as an excuse to pig out for 2 weeks so well done to you Louise.

Back