Bingeing... Why?!!?

Hi everyone!! Feel like holding on with fingertips. Doing low carb but want some rubbish!!

I like what someone said about stopping binging as they know how hard it is to get out! That's so true I know one bite of my binge foods I'm off like a train, eating everything in sight.

Today, breakfast and lunch won just hope tea will be ok too.

I'm tired, moody and have tun of housework to do aarrgghh!!

Hope you all have binge free day xxx

I've had a really bad week, gutted as I lost 4 lbs last week. I wish you could buy willpower in a jar. Rather frustrated cos although I have been bingeing, I still went to the gym twice. I will be surprised if I've sts, let alone lost anything. I'm getting ready for a gain. I don't know if I should mention to my sw consultant about my bingeing tendencies or not. Maybe she has some advice for me, who knows.

I do hope everyone else has had a much better week than I have.

Hi Amanda,

It's hard but just try and start a fresh tomorrow. I know that's hard when your in it though and I try everything to snap myself out of it and only when I have had enough pain of Feeling rubbish and weight gain do I snap myself out of it!!

Hugs xxxx

Binge Eating

Hi has anyone ever had their blood sugar tested. Often when we are on diets our blood sugar levels drop low and we have an overwhelming desire to overeat especially on carbohydrates and sugar. Chromium is a natural mineral you can purchase to regulate your blood sugar levels especially when dieting and could help with food cravings.

Before you buy it get your blood sugar levels tested by a Dr. or do it yourself kit. Remember blood sugar levels fluctuate throughout the day after eating and fasting. So best if you check at the same time each day.

Christi69:)

Louise xx said:
Hey

Just reaching out for support!! Feel hungry, ravenous nothing filling me up and on the brink of a binge

Please don't binge, have you got any super free foods indoors, or even free foods. Try and pick at those, it will be fine. It's hard but we will all get through it.

Louise

Can you get out of the house right now? Move away from temptation. As soon as I put my jeans on to go out and feel those thighs trying to break free, I would never, ever binge. It's only when indoors in gross tracky bottoms or combat pants when I slum out and eat like a pig, or four.

Love Pomooky XX

Managed to get through today without binging which is amazing and it was my birthday and cake calling all day.

What helped and I need to learn from is just telling myself over and over that a binge would not make anything easier or better but actually the opposite and I deserve to treat myself better.

Staying away from kitchen helped to

Thank god I didnt binge as I would beat myself up all week for it xxx

That's amazing Louise, not to overdo it on your own birthday cake. Well done and happy birthday. The way you talk to yourself sounds like the sort of thing I am trying to do. It usually works but the last couple of days I've rather lost motivation. Not really binging just saying I'm fed up with restricting myself and if I want to eat the nice things I've cooked for the family then I jolly well will.

Time to have a good chat with myself again and remind myself of why I'm doing this.

I'm having another bad day, I just can't stop myself, really frustrating as I'm so close to getting my 1 stone award back. Taken me a very long time to get to this stage. I suppose at least I'm still going to the gym. That's something.

Sorry to hear you're struggling Amanda. I hope tomorrow sees you kicking this cycle into touch - just one day can break it. I'm sure you'll do it.

I treated myself to a low cal risotto from M&S and feel quite full although fullness has nothing to do with whether I binge or not. For this reason, I'm slowly eating a cereal bar. Slowly being the thing as when I binge it is all at top speed and fairly mindless.

Wishing you all the best Pomooky XX

Pomooky125 said:
Sorry to hear you're struggling Amanda. I hope tomorrow sees you kicking this cycle into touch - just one day can break it. I'm sure you'll do it.

I treated myself to a low cal risotto from M&S and feel quite full although fullness has nothing to do with whether I binge or not. For this reason, I'm slowly eating a cereal bar. Slowly being the thing as when I binge it is all at top speed and fairly mindless.

Wishing you all the best Pomooky XX

Pomooky. I have worked out that over the past two days I've eaten 19 club bars. I think I will be happy when the kids are off school, cos I won't be buying bars for the lunch boxes. All I can say is thank god I'm going to the gym again tomorrow. Gonna need a mega workout. I am gonna make some low syn chocolate muffins, 2 syns each. Will fill me up more than the bars at a fraction of the syns.

I opened up to my husband about the binging last night, I have a resolution now, may not be the best, but will do for now. Hes going to lock up the kids chocolate bars in his safe, and just leave out the right amount I need for lunches each night.

I dont have a problem going in a shop and buying sweets for the kids and not for me, but lunch box chocolate is so easy to reach for.

Hi all, how are you all doing. I had two wobbly days where managed to pull back from brink of binge but so close to it!!

This is hard ladies and really consuming!!
Xxx

Well I'm happy now, which means I feel less like eating the wrong foods. I always make myself a batch of low syn chocolate muffins to snack on if I want something sweet. I have a job interview on Thursday, 16 hours a week at my local post office. A little less boredom to contend with. I'm also going to gym twice a week for an hour a time. Determined to shift this weight. I've had enough of feeling horrible, I want to be able to like myself, I have a long way to go though.

I hope everyone is doing well too. If not pick yourself up and try again. You can do it.

Hi Amanda

Good luck with your interview! You sound really positive and with your head and body in tune. Not so good myself but hoping for an improvement (can't get any worse!).

I've no excuses now, exam over, son back safe and sound from school trip; only greed is taking me to the multipacks! I kid myself they are cheap but when I eat them all I have to go out and replace them so it works out twice as much! :eek:

I must say I am very tempted by the SW plan as the food sounds great and the results speak for themselves. Only thing is £60 for three months! (I could buy x amount of multipacks for that!)

All the best Love Pomooky XX

Evening all :)

I have had a wobbly week...bit of a disaster actually. I did ok up until the last couple of days, just accounted for everything on MFP and it was around 2700 calories each day. I have done a lot worse but still...

I have done an hours exercise tonight and honestly do feel back on track, hoping i can get down to 154lbs by 1st July and reach my July goal. I had a sneaky peek on the scales Saturday morning and i had got to 154.5lbs but that half pound has definately gone back on! Lets see if i can pull it back if i work hard enough...i will report back.

xxx

Evening all, my week has also been a bit wobbly, i don't know why i do it to myself i know that i want to lose weight but my mind says you'll always be fat Blah blah has anyone ever considered hypnotherapy? I have started to think about this but unsure of how it works?

*pokes head in*

Hey...i struggle terribly with binging sometimes. I used to have an ED, and a big part of it was binging, and i am really scared about going back into the old frame of mind

The binging for me is mainly just a comfort thing. but straight after,literally within seconds i feel terrible, sick and just want to throw up. the guilt is so consuming and it makes me so depressed its unreal

I've been lucky, for the last couple of days, i havent been craving anything, and i havent been tempted to binge, but i worry that it may spring upon me soon.

Last time i got SOTW, i binged for about 3 of the 7 days, and i put on all that i lost the week before. i got SOTW this week, and even though thats a big thing, and im really chuffed- im scared about going back to temptation like last time :(

little_bubblez said:
*pokes head in*

Hey...i struggle terribly with binging sometimes. I used to have an ED, and a big part of it was binging, and i am really scared about going back into the old frame of mind

The binging for me is mainly just a comfort thing. but straight after,literally within seconds i feel terrible, sick and just want to throw up. the guilt is so consuming and it makes me so depressed its unreal

I've been lucky, for the last couple of days, i havent been craving anything, and i havent been tempted to binge, but i worry that it may spring upon me soon.

Last time i got SOTW, i binged for about 3 of the 7 days, and i put on all that i lost the week before. i got SOTW this week, and even though thats a big thing, and im really chuffed- im scared about going back to temptation like last time :(

I know its hard bubble but try and keep going sotw is massive imagine how you would feel to get that more often because you were sticking to for more days.

You know sometimes i wish i could take my own advice!

My problem is that i do feel guilty for binging but my mind manages to convince me that Im happy being fat and so on. Wish i could learn to quash the horrible little voice in my head and just carry on losing the weight.

Back