Bingeing... Why?!!?

I know its hard bubble but try and keep going sotw is massive imagine how you would feel to get that more often because you were sticking to for more days.

You know sometimes i wish i could take my own advice!

My problem is that i do feel guilty for binging but my mind manages to convince me that Im happy being fat and so on. Wish i could learn to quash the horrible little voice in my head and just carry on losing the weight.

Yes, you are right. i think if i keep getting slimmer of the week, it would be sooooooo good for my confidence

but at the same time, i have this little voice telling me that if i keep getting slimmer of the week, then people will get pissed off with me LOL.

Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result. i do this all the time. my head goes "you'll feel better after eating that" and then i eat it and feel like crap.

*sigh* i think things are more deep routed than i thought, thinking about it. at least its good to know about these traits, its easier to work on not doing them that way ;)

So what if people get pissed off they should have worked harder lol!

We are all our own worst enemies when it comes to eating patterns but at least were not the only ones that are in this vicious cycle, just wish there was a quick road off the cycle as this cycle sucks!

i keep trying to maintain a positive mental attitude...

when you're a natural pessimist its more or less impossible lol

im a chronic people pleaser, ive always been like that, so if someone happened to make a comment (i doubt they would but my head says everyones doing it) it would crush me

mind, i dont think my head would be happy with anything i did. it would think of any excuse for me not to keep doing what im doing...because that's what it does :s

Here here.

I was thinking about hypotherapy to try and change my attitude to eating patterns i have made an appointment for July Im just not sure what to do yet.

shenzi said:
Evening all, my week has also been a bit wobbly, i don't know why i do it to myself i know that i want to lose weight but my mind says you'll always be fat Blah blah has anyone ever considered hypnotherapy? I have started to think about this but unsure of how it works?

I've listened to a couple of weight loss DVD s but I'm biggest iv ever been ,but iv switched the on switch in my brain so maybe will give them another go,good luck!

I went for a job interview yesterday and had a call today to say id got it. Really happy as I won't have spare time to eat anymore. I might see weight start to come off again.

Congratulations Amanda that's great news x

shenzi said:
Congratulations Amanda that's great news x

Thanks shenzi, I think some of the reason I eat is boredom.

That's one of the biggest reason most of us do it, we eat because its something to do not anymore though!!

hi all i'm so pleased i found you all.
i'm a binger have been since being a child (i know its wrong and i knew then) i used to steel money out my mums purse and buy chocolate crisps etc in large quaties and eat it all on way home. A habit of eating on the way home from anywhere i went . i actually look forward to traveling because i knew i could binge. i often used food as a reward or comfort like it my husband was going out for the night i'd get excited but tons of food in to watch with a dvd but i always go over the top and can't stop. so i diet and my weight jumps around like mad i can only do it for so long before the weekly binge on weigh day becomes a every day thing and i give up with the diet and binge more and every day cause i know the next diet is looming.
since being on cd i have been better think its because i get such boasts from the weightloss and its hard to get back into ketosis. but i have had 2 binges this week first trigger by cake at work and normally i'm strong but it was on weigh day i had been weigh so i treated myself to one piece of cake which led to more than i can count i felt so embrassed cause i was at work. my other time was yesterday and was unusual for me cause it was cause of something bad. we had had a stressful day and my dh had fell off the wagon with his drinking because of it and usually i don't follow but he had left me alone so i decided on a takeaway my first though was pizza but i talk myself out of it into donner kebab which was better and ofcourse i needed chocolate so i had one bar savoured it then got home and opened the popcorn while waiting for takeaway and had some biscuits takeaway comes i eat that and chips i wasn't going to eat then i start on popcorn again and biscuits so many i lost count to the extent i feel sick and was sick at that point i told myself no more and what did i do come down and eat popcorn. i felt so ill.
but thats me once i have one of my trigger foods i can't stop.
i have becks hoping it would help and i love it but i have still binged while reading it. i need to avoid my trigger foods. feeding others them seems to help but it means they r in the house. i need to ban them all from the house and my dh can buy the kids chocolate once a week.
sorry its so long but i do feel so much better getting it out

Hi tinkerbell,

Its good to hear from you, i am finding this website is helping quite a lot with the binging as now i try to come on here and ramble on about how Im feeling, it never normally makes any sense but i can guarantee there is at least 1 other person out there that feels exactly the same as me or has been there before.

I suppose Im lucky in the respect that as yet do not have children so i don't to buy treats and stuff in, if i do want it i have to actually leave the house to go to the shop to get it. However i do have an weight training husband that is trying to gain weight so unfair! I feel some of your pain lol

How long have you been on Cambridge now have you lost much do you have much more to lose? Sorry can't see stats on phone! I know Cambridge is a great vcld and gets quick results but are you sure deep down your not finding it a little too restrictive? I was going to try Cambridge just before starting sw, but for me it would probably would have caused me to eat more and in the long run gain weight and that is simply because someone would have said you cannot have that (have major problems with people telling me what to do especially when its for my own good i am my own worst enemy!) anyway just a thought everyone is different after all!

Anyway we are always here to listen and help in anyway we can and sorry for rambling on forever once i get started you can't stop me!x

Ps Ive done all the eating and not telling anyone especially while travelling used to think it was a perfect excuse and if no i know say me do it then it wouldn't count until one day i forced myself to sit down and tell my husband the truth it was embarrassing but a massive relief, now at the end of every day we have 'confession' if tends to know when Im lying Ive tried!x

hi hun thanks
i have been doing cd for 11 weeks and i have lost 37lb (2 and half stone)
actually i binge less on cd i did sw for years and loved it but every weigh day i would have a planned binge and at first it started off gently then it went really bad and then it went to 2 days and then 3 and before i knew it i wasn't doing it anymore so i stopped and piled on all but a stone of the 3 stone i had lost in 3 months (cause i just non stop binged) to the extend i was feeling ill all the time tired and my legs and arms ache. i started cd and started drinking water something i had never done and quickly i felt better than i had in years i'm now smaller than i can ever remember being since i was 18 i guess i'm 31 now. with cd the binges are less cause i'm in more control and i don't have sugar addiction anymore. plus i drink more water that keeps me full i've had 3 binges in the 11 weeks i have being doing it which is great for me 2 of those in this last week. the other time was in june at a bday party.
i don't feel restricted on cd i feel in control. i don't even enjoy the food i binge

None of us rarely do enjoy the food we just eat because its there and we will feel bad, we think it will make up feel better but all it does is makes us feel 10 times worse chin up tinkerbell you have done amazing so far keep up the good work its a long road but we will all get there eventually x

very proud of myself today. my dh had a drink again and i was annoyed and i so wanted to binge and i've felt abit down all day and i haven't had one thing i shouldn't i'm so proud of myself.

I am having an extremely extremely hard time with this currently. The problem tends to arise when I am home alone. My husband works continental shifts - so from 5am in the morning to 6pm in the evening or 6pm in the evening til 6pm in the morning.

I get so lonely. The only thing I can put my bingeing down to is boredom and loneliness.

I cant even spir myself on to exercise any more.

What strategies are you guys using to get over bingeing?

Ahhh you're never alone when you've got minimins!! Try and keep yourself busy, have a nice bath, watch a movie, read a book, paint your nails - brush your teeth as I don't want to eat when I do that and then the craving wares off.

I have started to buy less multipacks of for example crisps or ww biscuits, as although they are low calorie versions, I binge and have 2 or 3 bags just because they are there.

I came on here last night when I was hungry and wasted a good hour reading posts etc, and feel more motivated as a result too!

Good luck :) x

Back