Birthday cake?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by happymummy, 26 April 2009 Social URL.

1. happymummy

happymummy Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Its my Daughters 6th birthday in 2 weeks and I dont know how I'm going to get round avoiding having a slice of birthday cake!

Any tips?

She knows I'm on a diet (she put me on it lol) so maybe she wont mind if I dont have a piece, after all it means more for her right?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    of course she will understand! Either that or you could follow a cd fudge cake recipe and have a shake cake!!!!!!! lol

4. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

My sons birthday the other day and I just really enjoyed watching the others eat theirs.
    I'm sure your daughter will understand especially if she instigated the diet. But even if she doesn't she will get over it! This is your future! Not just a few seconds in someone elses!
    Have a good time.
    x

5. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    If she seems upset, wrap a slice in a serviette and put in fridge, telling her you'll have it later when you can really relax and enjoy it... then put the slice back on the big plate. Don't think she'll mind at all though, unless you make a big deal of it. As you say, more for her!

xxx

6. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Freeze a piece of cake?I have several little bits and pieces of things frozen-either stuff the kids have cooked at school, or bits of birthday cake LOL

7. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Have deleted post after reading what another poster has said - they are quite right, and we all have different levels of resolve. What worked for me might not work for someone else.

Sorree!!!
    :copon:

Last edited: 26 April 2009
  8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining

Other posts referring to Jaceys deleted post have also been removed for obvious reasons.

Norty chair for you Jaycey:copon: :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.