Bizarre shopping behaviour....

Determined Girl

Here's hoping
Hey gang,

Today I had to go get some new school shoes (I'm a teacher not a child lol!) for going to back to work and also needed some trousers. Despite my losses over the fortnight I still can't shoe-horn myself into any of my work trousers (have been wearing skirts with elasticated waists for some time!!!)

Well I was disappointed to discover that I wasn't miraculously a size 12 and had to buy some size 20 ones. It was depressing as hell. I really didn't want to buy any more 'big' clothes but had no option really.

THEN I saw two lovely dresses (work ones...but in a gorgeous way!) and bought them in...a size 16. Have no idea why. Tried them on at home and, innevitably, looked terrible- bulging out like a sausage with too much filling.

I KNEW I wouldn't fit into them when I bought them...BUT I still did. Bizarre. I think I've just got so much belief in LT that I have faith that I'll be able to wear them and look good. I don't know if this is a bad or good thing really. Am I being stupidly naive doing that whole buying clothes that are too small for me thing?

Arghhhhh! Does anyone else find themselves doing things like this or am I a lone mentalist who needs to take them back immediately?

x

Oh God I am so with ya!! I want to just wake up skinny every day! I feel like inside is shrinking but the shell is staying the same! I dont think you're being too optimistic, the dresses will fit you soon enough, just keep telling yourself what I have to, 'ya just gotta wait and let the pounds add up.' We're not gonna be 9 stone and a size 18, ya know? You're doing brilliantly babes, just relax! ;) :D

i understand this shopping behaviour! i was buying a couple of size 16 items at size 20 too! now i''m in 18s i keep eyeing up the 14s! i think it just shows how committed we all are to lipotrim and we're finally getting excited about our new selves!

Blackrose is right, they WILL fit, before xmas for sure! how amazing is that! clothes 2 sizes smaller than normal and you KNOW that in a couple of months, you'll be in them, then soon after they'll be too big! then we will have to mourn another loss of clothes to the charity shops.
xxx

stick to it and they WILL fit :)

i've got a spare room full of clothes i need to charity shop/ebay etc. some of them are ones i haven't even had chance to wear.

i bought a really cute yellow Gap dress (size 18) early on and when it actually would finally fit i realised it didn't suit me. pah.

Awwww I LOVE you two!

Thanks for understanding. It's the kind of thing I just can't explain to other people. LOVED the snotty shop assistant's face when I bought them tho. I could tell her thought processes were going:

FAT girl>>>>Buying size 20 trousers>>>>Buying size 16 dresses????

Could virtually see the steam coming out of her over-worked brain!!

I have such insane thoughts though!! I've got some lovely (and expensive dresses) and was thinking "Hmmm...I could probably take them to get altered into a smaller size" haha! Nothing like LT optimism is there!

xxx

Love you toooooo Elle!

I'm not ALONE!!!

We should have a LT swap shop!!!!

xx

KEEP THEM!!!! At the start of my journey I bought a size 14 red bustier that wouldn't even close (got it off Ebay so couldn't try it on)on me. It fits now- but it's far too short for me to ever wear! So it's going back on Ebay! I also have dresses I bought for 99p-£2 in smaller sizes that fit (some even too big!) but don't suit me so they're going back on too!! More money to buy stuff that does actually fit me. The first time I tried on a pair of size 12 trousers that fitted (with NO muffin top!) I stood in disbelief in the cubicle for 10 mins...just staring at myself! I couldn't believe it....no feeling like it- you'll be there in no time!!

You'll be in those size 16 dresses in no time at all. I did exactly the same. Make sure you keep trying them on though as some of the stuff that I bought too small ended up too big by the time I got round to being brave enough to try them again :rolleyes:

OK so here is the thing babes, I was a size 16-18 and on my first week I went and bought 2 pairs of trousers, sizes 14 and 16.
At my second week I was wearing the 16 and after 5 weeks I am now wearing the 14. So you will wear them as your journey progresses.

Just think of it as "I loved the dresses and I did not want to miss out on them"

Hehe, I think a lot of us are guilty of this! During the first/second week of LT I bought a size 12 dress I've loved forever as it was the last in stock. & no, it still doesn't fit, but it will!

You'll be in those dresses in no time!!

Hannah

Back