Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Weigh in today - mixed emotions

Right - that's as far as I've got and it's already frickin Tuesday and my weigh in looms large (at 5pm)... must get to work now (via office suppliers as need to collect essential supplies!). I know I write loads but this is my diary and I've begun to realise just how cathartic it has been for me... I have more to write... lots of emotional stuff I need to get out of my system too (I can feel it bubbling around inside - or is that the Coke Zero!?)... whatever... mixed feelings about weigh in although been damn good all week so it HAS to be good news... just that head isn't in that great a spot right now... lol.. blah de blah blah Jennie... eh? lol

Oh Happy Days!! :D

It may be loads, but I've just ploughed my way through it just the same (sucker for punishment that I am! :rolleyes: *lol*)

Leaving all the 'head stuff' aside (we can catch up at the weekend as much as you want :)), I just wanted to wish you good luck for your weigh-in later. Sounds to me like you'll be a lot happier this week than you were last week anyway ... ;)

Love

Saturday 1st Sept... Pics, film buffs.. blessed sleep!

Saturday 1st September

Where HAS the last month gone? (let alone the last week!)

So… where was I – oh yes.. I said up to leaving to go to pics. Well, I found the cinema easily enough and then realised I’d been there before with someone who I dated for a LONG time and who broke my heart! Akkk! Still, it’s just a place not the person! Lol

Met up with the chap I agreed to meet there (another from the dating site – will I ever learn?? NOOO!! Lol). I’d chatted to him online and on webcam – he looked a bit like Ricky Gervaise.. but in the flesh!! OMG – sooo different! I was very surprised and also, as I rang to say I saw him park and he asked where I was and when he saw me he waited for me to walk to him (said he couldn’t be bothered to walk to me!!!) .. that didn’t bode well. As I drew closer I realised that I was glad it was the cinema and not just a pub!

We said hello and chatted amiably enough and went into the cinema, chose the film (1408 – Stephen King film) and he paid (I offered to pay my share but he said I could buy him a drink instead)… and then we walked to the nearby Frankie & Benny’s. I told him I was on a diet and he then proceeded to pick up the menu and go through every item – reading aloud the descriptions and telling me how delicious it all was! Then he told me how terrible women drivers were, and , in fact, all drivers! Lol I had a chronological run down of every Stephen King film and book and then a brief review of each. Next came his medical history and war wound stories… oh.. forgot to say.. opening gambit was a moan about how much it cost to fix his lawn mower! I thought it would be safe to comment on the weather – WRONG! Lol I said how I loved the sunshine and wished it had been a better summer and that it was a case of going in search of the sun.. he came back very forcibly with a no way! Last time he went anywhere hot he came back with cellulitis and ‘could have died’. So… weather not a good topic. So I let him do all the talking (I know, me? Quiet? Seriously!!) lol

It was with relief that I sat in the cinema – I don’t like horror films very much and haven’t seen one in ages, but I used to read Stephen King and have seen the odd film of his too, so, it was the best option from those available.

It was a large enough cinema and the seats were really comfy. I popped some gum in my mouth and settled down to watch. He sat and watched me! Lol Everytime I ‘felt’ his gaze I surreptitiously (sp) had a peek and he was turned in his seat watching me… odd that.. still… what floats one persons boat… lol..

The film was ok, made me jump in places but in some parts I thought it was just ridiculous and not scary just silly. Lol Perhaps I shouldn’t go to the pics when so tired… I clearly wasn’t very receptive! Lol

Afterwards I told him what I thought of the film and he disagreed and said he thought it was brilliant (which of course it may well be! Just not to me, lol). He asked what I would like to do next and I told him I was going home as I was very tired. I thanked him and we hugged goodbye and I left.

It was a shame because really he is ok, not my type (bizarrely he seemed to be when chatting, witty and entertaining)… but pleasant I guess. Not for me though, and no spark, not even a damp piece of coal.. lol

I drove home, happy to be going to bed at last! Lol Jumped online and sent him a ‘thank you I had a lovely time but I think we both know it was a once only occurrence’ message.

I was nice and not offensive, didn’t say how I felt just that I wouldn’t see him again. He sent a very curt response, not a happy man. :( I hate making anyone feel bad so I tried to explain that it wasn’t because of the reasons he thought (he had told me before that women don’t like him because he is ‘too nice’ ) and he shouldn’t assume we all think alike, and I was going to expand but I got an even huffier reply telling me that was because women never tell him why they just meet once and that’s it! Then he blocked me. Lmao Ah well.

Thinking that maybe, just maybe, I’ll not look on the site again for a while – the trouble is, I paid up to November.. lol and I can’t resist having a peek.. lol I don’t make the first contact though…(terribly old-fashioned innit!!) lol Never been the one to make the first play for a bloke and can’t imagine starting to do so now! I have watched women who can (and do) in action, and I marvel at them! Lol (you know who you are!!!!!) ;)

Took myself off to bed and fell asleep with Paul muttering away in my ears about counting down from 300….

Lost 7.2lbs this week and stunned!!! SO damn close to goal now!!!

OMG!! I got on the scales and was stunned to see them register a loss of 7.2lbs this week!!!:scale:

I have just 2.7lbs to go to lose the longed for 12 stone loss and 1 more after that to reach my goal!!!

I was so pleased I burst into tears and we hugged. I worked hard this week at SSing and am going to do the same again in the hope that it will bring that magic goal to reality!

I can't tell you how relieved I am and how determined to get there and SS this weekend in Brum (AAM perhaps on the Saturday depending on whether the chef will let me make muffins in their kitchen!!)...

Flaming emotions all over the place and now I've got to get ready to meet up with a dear friend for the evening (after dropping off some festival stuff first!!)... what a rush but boy what a day it's been.

I'm wrung out but at least the tears were tears of joy and relief and hope! :D :D :D

I've just realised... I'm less than half the woman I used to be!:eek:

Last edited:
What a tremendous loss hun!!!!

Well done to you x

Knew it!

Well done.

Sounds like it's been a really emotional week. Look forward to reading some more of the cathartic stuff.

Lol at lawnmower man. Perhaps there's a business idea in a no nonsense type offering to "test drive" men on dating sites, then write them a report on their performance with tips on how to get second dates- Jennie, you might be the woman for the job!

OMG!! I got on the scales and was stunned to see them register a loss of 7.2lbs this week!!!:scale:

I have just 2.7lbs to go to lose the longed for 12 stone loss and 1 more after that to reach my goal!!!

Flaming emotions all over the place and now I've got to get ready to meet up with a dear friend for the evening (after dropping off some festival stuff first!!)... what a rush but boy what a day it's been.

I'm wrung out but at least the tears were tears of joy and relief and hope! :D :D :D

I've just realised... I'm less than half the woman I used to be!:eek:

:wow::wow::wow::worthy:

Truly amazing .. and so incredibly inspirational!

Words cannot express how thrilled I am for you and know you'll see that magic 12 stone figure very very soon! :D

I hope you had a lovely evening out to celebrate. See you on Friday :cool:

Love

UB40 - what a gig!

Sunday September 2nd 2007 – UB40

Had a lovely lay in until 10am (hurrah!) and then I was on a go-slow for the rest of the day! Finally stirred myself into action around early afternoon and went to Asda to get birthday gifts for Step-dad and mate. (Sis was going to take them home with her for me).

Ended up loading 24 bottles of appleade into the trolley, some chocs and booze for stepdad and a shirt and some t-shirts for mate. Bought some prawns too for sis to eat later on. Whilst in there she rang me to tell me that her chap in Tobago had been stabbed!!! Now, I’m sorry, but he really must be THE most unlucky man on this planet! In the short space of time since we returned from our holiday he has been: mugged, stabbed, burgled, ripped off, lost mobile phone, found mobile phone, and sacked! Forgive me some cynicism… please!

Anyway, she was, naturally, distraught and also said there were some problems with one of her boys… but she was on her way and looking forward to the gig (UB40 at Peterborough). So, I paid up and checked out and headed home to get ready.

Got my clothes sorted out (lots of layers – outdoors see , weather unpredicatable and SSing makes me damn cold!)

Then it all went pear-shaped! She rang again to say she HAD to sort out son so wasn’t coming! Less than an hour before we were due to leave! I was gutted… I knew it must be bad for her to do that though so started calling ‘round friends to see if anyone would like to come in her place. In the end my mate gave the ticket to one of her friends. I was glad it wasn’t wasted but would have liked to have given sis some money back – but hey ho, such is life!

My friend Lisa and her chap took me in their car as they were going fairly early and I like being early to gigs! Lol We took drinks and chairs… shouldn’t have bothered on either count! No chairs allowed, so back to the car with those! Then got to the gate and they told me I couldn’t take in the cans of coke zero I’d brought! They said I could collect them on the way out afterwards so, instead of trekking back to the car, I handed them over. That was a mistake!

We found a great spot to stand, facing dead centre of stage, halfway twixt lighting stand and main stage. Lovely. Got chatting to a group from Barnsley – took group photo for them… they were a right giggle. Then the support act came on… Ada Lee I think her name was. She was ok and got the crowd dancing… then there was about a 20 minute gap before UB40 came on… by which time I had blagged my way to a position just 3 people from the front!!! (I know, how bad am I – “s’cuse me , my friends are down here somewhere, can I just get through, thanks a million” you get the idea… well.. I figured… there’s only me (Lisa and her chap were well happy together) and my other mates hadn’t showed up yet… so… I thought I would try it! Lol It worked a treat and I ended up standing next to this ace couple – he was smoking what I can only describe as ‘A Caribbean Woodbine” … lol and she was most apologetic for the aroma!

We had a real laugh though and when UB40 came on stage it was electric!!! I’ve never been so close at an open air gig and have to say, it was incredible! They were fantastic. All the old hits… Cherry Oh Baby, Red Red Wine,… Rat in Me Kitchen… etc etc etc

The crowd were loving it, I danced and danced… my feet were killing me though as very very limited space to move, but what a fantastic atmosphere… everywhere you looked people smiling and swaying and singing along. Bliss!! Just loved it – all of it! Surprising how many lyrics come flooding back (despite them being decades ago!!).. lol

Took some pics with phone but haven’t been able to send them to pc for some reason (might have to read the manual for that!) lol

It rained on and off throughout but it really didn’t matter – they were SO brilliant! Only a short hour or so set which was a bit of a disappointment but man oh man, WHAT an hour!

I went to get cans as we left, found the same steward I’d handed them over to, and, it transpired, everything taken from people on entry, was thrown away!!! I was NOT happy… 8 cans of coke zero, and I’d not had a thing to drink since we got there (some 4 hours earlier!)… told them in no uncertain terms how cross I was about it! Lol Didn’t spoil the night though… just irritating really. They should have said on the website about the restrictions… not sure why no cans as there were people drinking from glass bottles… so can’t be a ‘missile’ argument… can it ??? Doesn’t matter now. Lol

I was very glad to be a passenger on the way home as my ‘bad’ foot was screaming in protest at me and I was very very tired… and so.. to bed… and perchance to dream (who was it said that??)… hmm… can’t remember.. anyway… Paul had me off in the land of nod in a flash… another unforgettable evening. Wished sis could have been there though – she would have loved it!

Back to work - Monday 3rd Sept

Monday 3rd September 2007

Got up VERY early… was in the office by 7.30am and got steaming into my work. On my desk was a note from my temp boss with a ‘to do’ list of tasks and timetable… unrealistic too… so I emailed him and told him so.. lol… nicely of course!

Got heaps done and when he came in we got more done together but he realised that the list had major problems.. ie… cannot distribute meeting minutes I don’t have! Lol Once he left I carried on working like a mad woman.. (hmm, just normal then eh?)… and listened to the Afternoon Play whilst I did… don’t you just LOVE the ‘listen again’ option! I do! I listen to plays, comedies, discussions… its ace!

Loads done and back home.. since discovering my dvd player will play my cds my music collection is getting dusted off… today it was Phil Collins album ‘Testify’… oh my goodness, what beautiful songs there are on it! The lyrics of one of them had me daydreaming for ages! Glad I’m not depressed or I would’ve sat sobbing! Music has (can have) that effect on me – depending on my mood. I have steered clear of soppy stuff lately as know I’m way too emotional!

Had my usual appointment with the nurse – she weighed me and was shocked that I had gained 2lbs since last weigh in… we talked about life in general and I got upset about the skin (again) and the extra weight I have to lose still… and she worked it out that IF my excess skin weighs a stone (which would be an underestimate to be honest!) my BMI would be 25 now! We both agreed that it will be a case of as soon as they ‘see’ me in the flesh, they won’t be pushing me into further weight loss. I got very emotional about the state of my undressed body… it’s very distressing…

Came home and logged onto the dating site and chatted to a couple of interesting people… another told me “I’m worth a peek” …well.. he wasn’t! ALL his photos were taken in his bedroom! For goodness sake… what is it with some men!! I wonder if other women are like that and I’m just naive about it! Got a message asking me if I liked foot massages… a 31yr old declaring undying lust for me.. a 64yr old giving me his financial situation blow by blow in a message… and numerous ‘wink’s! Funny old game this dating lark…

I always reply to any messages or ‘wink’s but it’s hard to tell someone they really aren’t what you are after (based on a profile and dodgy pic or 3!) but I do and am always very very careful not to offend nor hurt them.

I did tell ‘I’m worth a peek’ man WHY I wouldn’t be communicating with him though… lol… 8 pics he has… 8! EVERY one of them is of him standing/sitting posing on his bed! Most odd! I typed up my diary for a while, whacked it on the site and then set off to fetch Zoe from work. I hate doing it on a week night – I can’t cope with all that driving so late at night… but I did and we had a good natter on the way back… she had with her some strawberry marshmallow peanut fudge! It sounds disgusting but she let me taste a sliver and it was lush! ONLY a sliver though… not a morsel more! I wasn’t taking ANY chances!

Finally got home and crawled into bed around 00.30 am Paul was on top form and I can’t even remember slipping the headphones on!

Tuesday 4th Sept - weigh in - facing the scales again!

Tuesday September 4th – the day of reckoning!

Another early start at work and VERY productive morning! Even managed to collect urgent supplies from stationary suppliers! Heaps done and ready for staff to distribute and I felt very pleased at the levels achieved.. although was beginning to feel weary by lunchtime… (had a pack before leaving home to help with energy levels!).. was glad to be home though and have a soup and then another muffin… not good having all 3 packs by 3pm ! I just really wanted to have some energy and thought it was the best way to go about it.

3.15pm I had an interview for a job… am hoping to start by the end of the month so am excited about THAT big time! Was counting off the hours ‘til weigh in and spent a lot of time procrastinating.. lol.. got the things ready for the music festival guys (still doing stuff re this years whilst starting on next years too!)… and also had to get ready to meet my friend in the evening! Argh! Why can’t there be 40 hours in a day!!!

Went for my weigh in and was overwhelmed at the outcome. I burst into tears and Ailsa hugged me. She handed me a box of tissues whilst she got my next week’s supply out. We talked about how I felt and what it meant to me.. and how come such a loss so far into the diet.. and what was still to be done… she doesn’t want me to carry on SSing after this week as she feels I need to do AAM and start the maintenance programme proper now… I’m inclined to agree but the hospital have other thoughts on the matter!

She measured me for the first time in a month too and was shocked when it came to measuring my thigh as I was wearing a skirt and it was the first time she’d seen just how horrific my inner thighs look. I could see the horror on her face. Thank GOD for clothes says I !! I left promptly as I had to drop off the things to the festival guys and deliver a present too.. and a birthday card… (always a list as long as your arm – isn’t there!!)

I rang Zoë on the way home to tell her about the loss.. and then Sarah too… both were delighted and are still incredibly supportive. I’m so very very fortunate.

Managed to have time to nip home, brush hair and tidy myself up before heading off to the pub to meet my friend. It is a male friend and he means an awful lot to me. We spent almost 3 hours catching up with news and then talking generally. I told him about my dating disasters and we had a bit of a giggle. We covered some pretty heavy emotional stuff too (which seems to be the norm this week!) and ended up wishing one another goodnight with a somewhat awkward hug. I think wires were crossed and completely unintentional hurts administered… my head was spinning with emotions by the time I got home…and I went to bed and had a restless night… even Paul didn’t help matters much!

(Zoe was cooking when I got in and the house had a lush aroma of chicken nuggets and chips! Lol) ALL food smells lush to me at the moment! Lol Glad it was late and I was going to bed! So I went and took my book with me – didn’t get to read any of it… too tired and eyes gritty…

Back