Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

I know EXACTLY how you feel, I thought my friend had bought one of those funny mirrors from the sea side when I saw myself looking so fat in it... and there was NOTHING funny about how I look!!

Good on you for getting back in the driving seat... I shall be joining you for the ride tomorrow..... strength in numbers I reckon :)

Hope today goes well xx

Hiya and welcome back.

I wish I could do cambridge but fail miserably with VLCD, cant get past day 1.

How much did you loose last time you did Cambridge and what have you gained?

I just seem to struggle with any diet. Counting points at the minute and so far so good!

Best of luck and speak soon x x

Wow I didn't think you would do a vlcd again but I think you're making the right decision! You did brilliantly on the diet before so no reason it can't work again for you!!

It's my day one too :)

Hiya and welcome back.

I wish I could do cambridge but fail miserably with VLCD, cant get past day 1.

How much did you loose last time you did Cambridge and what have you gained?

I just seem to struggle with any diet. Counting points at the minute and so far so good!

Best of luck and speak soon x x

Hiya
Well, last time I lost 13 stone in 11 months and was over the moon to be a skinny minnie... kept it off for a good what, 18 months - 2 years.. but have regained almost 10 stone in the short space of 2 years... and am gutted!

I swore I would never do CD again but here I am... doing it... and to be honest, I know now what to expect, how to cope with the challenges etc.. and am looking forward to the weight loss, the increase of energy, the fresher skin, the dress sizes falling rapidly, and feeling more like an attractive woman than a lump of lard!

Trust me, this is far easier than calorie counting, points notching or whatever else.. if you can do it, it's the dogs doodahs.. if you can't then don't... but it may take a while to find what works for you.. but you will :).

Karen - I know mate.. and I have only decided to do it because I am ready to tackle it all over again... *sigh*... I ache to slip into my lovely tops and jeans again.. and my lovely dresses... and most of all, my biking leathers. Now I have my license and a bike ... (passed my test over 2 years ago when skinny!)... I have lovely gear to wear but can't even get my pudgy arms in let alone do anything up!! Blarh!!

Day 1 has gone remarkably well... back on my standard choc mint muffins and spicy tomato soup regime and gallons of water...

Already got the runny tummy (polite way of saying squits!)... and headache but am taking the paracetomols and never straying far from a loo! Am not going to weigh myself at all at home - haven't weighed myself in months - not even let the WiiFit do it... lol.. it's so rude! lol Draws little podgy person!!

So - day 1 better than anticipated and surprisingly still like the tastes! Am trying the pecan and maple porridge tomorrow - hope its as nice as it sounds... if not then won't bother again.. lol

1st weigh in is on Thursday - my CDC is a pleasant enough girl - I say girl, but she's a young mother and very straightforward (which I really respect). She's only 15 minutes away which is great too. I warned her that the first few days are the toughest for me and to expect a gibbering wreck on the phone.. lol...

Anyhow, off to bed now as am cream-crackered. Did a load of housework whilst I had the energy.

My chap "Shrek" came back from visiting his mother today... we have much to sort out, but for now, I can't be doing with that nonsense so am just going to focus on getting fitter and trimmer again... I reckon by Christmas I should be a good 6 stone lighter - which will be faaaaabuloso!! Got a major Christmas party that I want to look the bees thingy-wotsits at so that'll be good. I know just the dress I want to wear too - already in my wardrobe... lol

At least this time I won't have a problem with clothes - got more clothes in this house than New Look has in their distribution centre!!

Right - bed time...

Thank you all so much for your encouragement - it means a lot. Cheryl (Eclipse) thank you for encouraging me to bite the bullet and come back to Minis on a more regular basis...

More tomorrow no doubt! xxx

So great to have you back Jen, you were such an inspiration last time around and I'm sure you won't disappoint this time either xxxx

Lubs ya hunni, and I know you can do this, just stick around and keep posting and you will be 8 stone down by Christmas just wait and see x x

Eclipse said:
Lubs ya hunni, and I know you can do this, just stick around and keep posting and you will be 8 stone down by Christmas just wait and see x x

Aww thank you x x x as you can see, I'm flipping awake in the middle of the night! More weeing lol

Oh I do hope you're right... I would be almost where I want to be by then!!

Feeling sick now - bugger! hoped I'd not get this again... Oh well... Just have to grit teeth and get through it. Big weekend ahead so hopefully will be past the worst by then!!

I agree with Cheryl about the 8 stone by Xmas!!!!!!!!!!! Plus judging how time is flying, you'll be a skinny minnie in no time :) xxxx

Well, Day 2 dawns (at sodding 2.30am!!) and now it's almost 7.30 and I have to get off to work.

Tried the maple & pecan porridge... blergh!!!:jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

Not nice! SO - 2 spoonfuls was enough to convince me that I'll wait until lunchtime and have a choc mint muffin!

Another 2 pints of water drunk - must warn the playgroup ladies that if I knock on the door to be let through to the loos then they need to be quick! lol

Tally-ho!

Hi, I'm reading with great interest.... Day 1 for me today.... thanks for your feedback on the porridge... don't think I'll be buying any of that now!!

I wasn't around when you made the journey last time but judging from the above posts you're going to rock this diet.... good on yer!

I hate waking early when I am SSing, it makes the days so bloomin' long and drawn out. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight honey x x

Thankfully that's Day 2 over with - and bed time for me as I am utterly worn out - mad busy day at work and have felt nauseaus all day... but, had my 3 packs and loads and LOADS of water so feeling pretty pleased.

Just need to take this a day at a time at the moment as, although not hungry, I have to fight the urge to eat...

Paracetomols seem to be doing their job ok... belly is having a bit of a moan but I'm keeping busy to distract myself whilst trying not to overdo things whilst my body adjusts to the mammoth drop in calorific intake and no diet coke - although I had switched to caffeine free a while back wherever possible so not as bad as last time..

Can't believe it is so long since I did this before.. realised this evening that I have regained my weight since starting my relationship with Shrek... hmmm.. will wait and see how things go as I decrease again..
Am already convincing myself that by my birthday I shall be at least 6 stone lighter which will mean an even better time than last year at the Motorcycle Show in Birmingham.. (it opens on my birthday this year! how cool is that!!) lol Can't wait!!

Right - off to bed now and snuggle down on my own to watch The Apprentice.. Shrek is at his bike club meeting tonight so peace and neatness reigneth and my blood pressure appears to be coming down.. there really is a direct correlation with my bp soaring when he walks in.. my GP and my nurse BOTH advised me months ago to end it because my bp registered, wait for it, as 220 over 121 !! By rights I should be pushing up the daisies!! Glad I'm not... not afraid of joining so many of my glorious friends, just not in a mad rush to!

Keep thinking about Lucy and Darren, and, as the days pass and it gets ever closer to the 17th, of our darling Sarah (Westie)... *sigh* I SO wish she was here on earth among us still..

Anyway - bed... now... and hopefully not awake again at the unearthly hour of 2.30am!! Like you say Cheryl, it makes it a horribly long day!!

Mind you - having sat for 4 hours at the hairdressers it didn't seem so bad .. :eek:)

Sooner I get to sleep, the sooner I get to day 3... xx

Back