Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Give me some of your willpower! I would not have been able to say no to those bacon butties, made me hungry thinking about them haha

Well done honey xx I was wondering if you were ok after reading your great fb updates!! You are amazing doing a weekend like that and still sticking with it. So proud of you!!!!! xxx

Aww shucks... you say the nicest things...

Thank you.. haven't been able to leave home today as can't walk. My poor foot seriously cannot cope with my being on it for too long and today is payback for the weekend! I am so very glad I booked the day off! Just about to have my "muffin" and then heading to bed.. must admit, Shrek cooked himself some fabulously smelling jalfrezi this afternoon and I asked to sniff it... lol I reckon it may take him a while to get used to my food-sniffing! hahahah

Stick to it gals! We can do this! Roll on Thursday!!!

*sigh* what a day today has been... spent a good deal of it in tears.. some in frustration... am still incredibly tired and, to be honest, going to bed soon. Been thinking about Sarah all day and miss her so much, and today, on the anniversary of her death, the pain is as searing as it was then...

Have also been incredibly busy with bike club stuff... and got the doc to sign my form so it's official! I am back on cambridge, just as well as this is my second week.. hehehehe

Need Thursday to be here though as am getting tired of water.. and the loss will keep me focussed. I wish I drank tea and coffee!!

Not much to say today - the day is Sarah's and my heart goes out to all who miss her, especially her mum and brother.. xxx

I guess that was you jumping out of a serviceable airplane, cool.:cool: I bet is was fun.
Always wonted to try it, I hand glided back in the eighties, that was a real laugh.
What bike do you have currently ? Another past time of mine. Not much chance of doing any decent riding here as there is only 28 miles of paved road in my area. Lots of dirt bike riding, great fun.

Looks like you have been through the mill with regards to weight loss and gain.
I gained all mine back as well, plus some more. I did slimming world back in 95 and its what I've started again last week.
Good luck with your weight loss, you know you can do it again.Peace.:)

Hi and welcome to my diary!
Yes, that's me and I intend to do it again when I've shifted this weight. It was the most exciting thing I've ever done in my life. Do it!! You'll never experience anything like it!

My bike is a classic old Honda and I love her soo much! She's a 250T called "poppet" .

I'm as determined to lose this damn weight as I was first time round only this time I'm NOT going to allow myself to be seduced into my old bad eating habits!! I realised today that my weight gain and health problems all began when I started seeing Shrek ... I know what I have to do, but doing it is very hard.

Anyway, well done on your first week loss, and thanks for dropping in. My diary is a long one but, just as I am, it is a work in progress ..

I 100% agree with your statement "it was the most exciting thing I'd ever done in my life" what a complete and utter joy it is to watch yourself shrink in the mirror. I honestly felt like I'd won the lottery in 2006 after getting to my goal weight. Was the best feeling I'd ever had. Quite an enjoyable journey, must remember these words when tempted by the food and wine demons!!!!!!!!

I 100% agree with your statement "it was the most exciting thing I'd ever done in my life" what a complete and utter joy it is to watch yourself shrink in the mirror. I honestly felt like I'd won the lottery in 2006 after getting to my goal weight. Was the best feeling I'd ever had. Quite an enjoyable journey, must remember these words when tempted by the food and wine demons!!!!!!!!

hahaha, I was describing jumping out of a plane Karen... :D although I admit that when I got to goal I felt like I could fly without a blooming plane!

skydiving is so exhilarating but you can't do it as a fatty...

I'm in a funny kind of mood today (I know, nothing new there..) but I was really stressy this morning and calmed down and now am feeling a stresshead again... am still really really tired after the weekend and although I am supposed to be going to see my lovely daughter this evening, I may have to cancel because I just want my bed!

I'm supposed to be doing 810 on the Cambridge plan but am Sole Sourcing... I think that could be another factor in my fatigue... funny that.. fat -igue ... hmm.. obesity related knackeredness? lol

I am still yearning to get back on my bike and might try on the jeans purchased at the weekend... even though I KNOW they won't fit, I can't help but want to put them on! Daft innit?

I was looking back at some old photos of me when I lost this flab the last time.. I had so much more energy back then.. but I have to admit, I don't think I want to be as skinny... I loved being slim., but being skinny was hard ... still.. one step at a time..

Can't believe I haven't told my mother or sister, but to be honest, I think they would be negative and I don't need that right now...

Will be baking more cakes for this Sunday's biking event... now I have sussed out how to, I will try and attach a pic of my efforts of last weekend! Here's hoping!! xx Plus a pic of my lovely bike! :D

Attachments

• Biker cake.jpg
    Biker cake.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN2044.jpg
    DSCN2044.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 104
Hiya Jen, really great to see you on here! I used to come on about 4-5 years ago as I was doing LL and you were my inspiration! I used to avidly read your diary, very funny and always entertaining! I lost nearly 6 stone with LL but put it all back on again, sadly cant afford to do a VLCD at the mo so am doing Slimming World and finding it not too bad, only Week 4 mind but fingers crossed.
Will maybe get my own diary up and running soon!!
All the best with your muffins and soups lol and Ill speak to you on here soon! xx

Sorry you've been feely stressy.... probably is just tiredness catching up with you and yesterdays sad anniversary.

Funny thing is I had a dream about you (I know I AM strange) and you were in my Mum's kitchen, we went for a walk together. I'm probably just jealous about the men chatting you up at the week-end mixed with dreaming about the cakes you've been making... ha ha ha... I am officially a nutter!!

Hi honey, sorry you are feeling a bit pants.

I know what you mean about the skinny thing, I think that 3 years ago when I was just over 10 stones it was far too low for me and I looked gaunt, but wouldn't admit it, because I had never been that light before. Now that I am over 11 stones I feel better, and I think too that I look better and at my age, I feel this weight is about right for me now. You will know when you reach the weight you feel happiest at honey x

Hiya Jen, really great to see you on here! I used to come on about 4-5 years ago as I was doing LL and you were my inspiration! I used to avidly read your diary, very funny and always entertaining! I lost nearly 6 stone with LL but put it all back on again, sadly cant afford to do a VLCD at the mo so am doing Slimming World and finding it not too bad, only Week 4 mind but fingers crossed.
Will maybe get my own diary up and running soon!!
All the best with your muffins and soups lol and Ill speak to you on here soon! xx

Hi! Welcome ... *Gulp* , me ? an inspiration? not so much now though eh? :sigh: Wow, 6 stone! superb.. ah.. so much easier to put the damn stuff back on though... :eek: well done on making a fresh start though.. it's not an easy road we travel but it's made easier with friends.. I kind of neglected Minis when I had maintained for a while.. thought that there were a few very negative presences that weren't good for me... am wondering now if I should've just stayed... but heck., life's like that isn't it? We come. We go. We slim. We gain. lol

We did it before gal, we can do it again! :D

Sorry you've been feely stressy.... probably is just tiredness catching up with you and yesterdays sad anniversary.

Funny thing is I had a dream about you (I know I AM strange) and you were in my Mum's kitchen, we went for a walk together. I'm probably just jealous about the men chatting you up at the week-end mixed with dreaming about the cakes you've been making... ha ha ha... I am officially a nutter!!

Thanks.. I think you're right... just texted my lovely girl to ask if she still wants me to call in as I am really tired and need an early night.. if she wants me, I shall go, if she says no, it's ok, then I am off to get into my jimmy-palmers right away!!

Lol about the dream... yep, I think you possibly could be! (Were there any hunky bikers in that dream though ...:whistle::drool:

Hi honey, sorry you are feeling a bit pants.

I know what you mean about the skinny thing, I think that 3 years ago when I was just over 10 stones it was far too low for me and I looked gaunt, but wouldn't admit it, because I had never been that light before. Now that I am over 11 stones I feel better, and I think too that I look better and at my age, I feel this weight is about right for me now. You will know when you reach the weight you feel happiest at honey x

I know you're right... I was happiest at a size 12-14 ... don't get me wrong, I LOVED being able to wear size 10's.. but it was just impossible to maintain it... and I did look a bit scraggy and older.. I have no idea what weight it will be, but as you say, I shall know... bit of a way to go though first.. lol

I thought when I saw you last you looked absolutley fantastic! Remember that stunning photo? That, I reckon, was perfect... xxx :D

Hee hee, we're in the Jimmy Palmer club....I've had mine on all day... lazy mare that I am :rolleyes:

Good old Honda's. I learned to ride on a 250 super dream,I think that was around 79-80.
I had to sell my 400 4 super sport before I came to Canada:cry:I was heart broken:sigh:
My next bike will be a CBF 600 SAA or something similar. I will stick with Honda, I just love Honda red.
Its great to find another bike lover, nice to chat about bikes, its a nice diversion from diet talk.
Later:D

Last edited:
Back