Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

Oh. My. Goodness. You look fantastic! So so gorgeous! And you are oozing confidence. Look at you, so amazing! I really hope that you can see the difference in yourself when you look at these photos? Your family will be stunned when they see you.

My iPhone keeps crashing when I try to browse through the photos. I have come to the conclusion that this is because my phone can't handle an overload of awesomeness!! I've been in and out of the app 20 times just so I can have a proper look. I love how your eyes are so bright and happy. Oh, and I spy the Christmas tree! ;)

Oh. My. Goodness. You look fantastic! So so gorgeous! And you are oozing confidence. Look at you, so amazing! I really hope that you can see the difference in yourself when you look at these photos? Your family will be stunned when they see you.

My iPhone keeps crashing when I try to browse through the photos. I have come to the conclusion that this is because my phone can't handle an overload of awesomeness!! I've been in and out of the app 20 times just so I can have a proper look. I love how your eyes are so bright and happy. Oh, and I spy the Christmas tree! ;)

Thank you! You are so very sweet!!!

Yes, RawrGirl can see the difference, but she actually sees more difference in the mirror rather than photos...may be due to the "camera adds 10 pounds" thing, or just that RawrGirl is used to seeing herself in the mirror but not so much in pics. But either way, yes, she is feeling pretty good. :D

And Prince Charming isn't used to it yet either, every time RawrGirl wears something new he just stares and says, "wow, you are looking really good." So that helps too.

Having confidence has many perks, not just clothes, but bedroom exercises have been much less vanilla lately (sorry if that was TMI!). RawrGirl is very committed to maintaining her weight loss and not over eating / gaining a lot over the upcoming holidays! She likes this feeling, and wants to keep it forever. :)

Thank you! You are so very sweet!!!

Yes, RawrGirl can see the difference, but she actually sees more difference in the mirror rather than photos...may be due to the "camera adds 10 pounds" thing, or just that RawrGirl is used to seeing herself in the mirror but not so much in pics. But either way, yes, she is feeling pretty good. :D

And Prince Charming isn't used to it yet either, every time RawrGirl wears something new he just stares and says, "wow, you are looking really good." So that helps too.

Having confidence has many perks, not just clothes, but bedroom exercises have been much less vanilla lately (sorry if that was TMI!). RawrGirl is very committed to maintaining her weight loss and not over eating / gaining a lot over the upcoming holidays! She likes this feeling, and wants to keep it forever. :)

I agree, the mirror makes me see my weight loss more too! I think because I stand in front of it, examining every last bit of my new figure!! I'm so glad that you are feeling it and seeing how far you've come. That's half the battle with weight loss!

I love this new feeling too. I love that it now takes me so long to decide what to wear because I feel great in almost everything. Before I lost weight, it took me ages to decide what to wear, because I felt so hideous in everything!

Ha ha, I understand about bedroom activities! I think it's about having so much more confidence in yourself and your fab figure. X

RawrGirl you are looking AMAZING!!! and squishy is right - you look so happy and confident. Such an inspiration. xxx

You are looking fantastic, and I love the shirt in the third picture, very pretty :)

When is it you step back on the scales? Can't be far away now can it? x

Thanks gals!

This Friday RawrGirl steps back on the scales. She is really hoping to see 129, but knows that is probably wishful thinking. But hopefully she is at least 135 or less. Worst thing is, RawrGirl is really snacky. It's been a hard last few days. And yesterday when she did the photography job at a very fancy restaurant, she was offered a meal, a drink, and then a plate of dessert and she declined everything except water while she sat in the corner watching all the businessmen eat. And she was hungry, and she'd only had breakfast because a very hectic day made her not have time to eat lunch before she had to go, and then she didn't get home for supper until 10:00. But anyway...RawrGirl has not been snacking, but really REALLY wants to. She even went up n her calories abit today (about 800), which was normal, but she's been doing about 500 for the 3 weeks before Christmas. She'd been doing so well...and now...just burning out. Burning out on exercise...burning out on no snacks...burning out on soup for dinner....and the hardest part is trying t stick with it because the scales are coming. Why oh why is it so hard THIS week. It's always been easy for her. Why burning out now??? GRRR.

Sorry...vent is over.

RawrGirl can do it. 129...129...129 :innocent0001:

Thanks gals!

This Friday RawrGirl steps back on the scales. She is really hoping to see 129, but knows that is probably wishful thinking. But hopefully she is at least 135 or less. Worst thing is, RawrGirl is really snacky. It's been a hard last few days. And yesterday when she did the photography job at a very fancy restaurant, she was offered a meal, a drink, and then a plate of dessert and she declined everything except water while she sat in the corner watching all the businessmen eat. And she was hungry, and she'd only had breakfast because a very hectic day made her not have time to eat lunch before she had to go, and then she didn't get home for supper until 10:00. But anyway...RawrGirl has not been snacking, but really REALLY wants to. She even went up n her calories abit today (about 800), which was normal, but she's been doing about 500 for the 3 weeks before Christmas. She'd been doing so well...and now...just burning out. Burning out on exercise...burning out on no snacks...burning out on soup for dinner....and the hardest part is trying t stick with it because the scales are coming. Why oh why is it so hard THIS week. It's always been easy for her. Why burning out now??? GRRR.

Sorry...vent is over.

RawrGirl can do it. 129...129...129 :innocent0001:

You can do it!!

I hear ya on the snacking! I don't know whether it's the lead up to Xmas, the colder weather or what but I could easily sit and snack all day long. I don't, but I really want to!

No meal I eat seems to "satisfy" me, if that makes sense? I'm constantly thinking about what I can eat next!

Must. Stay. Strong!

So today and yesterday were around 800 calories. Apparently 2 weeks at 500 was all RawrGirl could do. O well. As long as she doesn't gain much weight over Christmas, she thinks it will be a nice break and she can come back refreshed. Her goal is to be the same weight on Jan 11th as whatever this Friday's weight is. That gives her 10 days to lose any weight/bloat she may gain over the holiday.

Skipped the Shred today...for no other reason than total burn out. But did figure skate, including a lot of jump practice, and then paced on the phone for about an hour, so not that bad.

Worried about Friday...excited, but anxious.

Good luck tomorrow RawrGirl! Will be waiting impatiently for your result! X

Good luck with the weigh-in girl! x

Weigh-In Day

The big day is here and RawrGirl is very nervous! She hates the scale and wonders if this is a bad idea because it always has a habit of making her disappointed with herself. Well, took measurements first as was not suspecting any difference due to exercise burnout (only did Shred 2x) and not able to stick to super-strict diet this week. And surprisingly, RawrGirl did drop some more.

1/4 in waist (now 27.5 inches)
1/2 in thigh (now 22 inches)

Everything else: STS

DateJan 2010July 2
July 13July 20July 27Aug 24*Aug 31Sept 14Sept 28Oct 5Oct 19**Oct 26Nov 2Nov 9Nov 16Dec 7Dec
Dec 21Jan
Feb
TOTALGoal
Weight172162?158?155?155?154?152?150?148?146?
144?142?140?138135?132?129

?
Waist

-527/26
Navel

-7n/a
Hips

-437/36
Arm

-1.5011/10
Thigh

-2.7522/21

So since last weigh-in, RawrGirl has dropped:

1.25 inches in the waist
1.25 inches in the hips
2 inches at the navel
1/2 inch in the thigh, and
3/4 inch in the arm.

She has no idea if that equates to reaching 129 or not. She is trying to tell herself that it really doesn't matter and that the LESS weight she loses on the scale the better as that would mean MUCH muscle was built, her metabolism is killer, and maintenance will be a breeze.

So without further ado...she will go weigh in....

Aaaaaaaakkk!!!!!!

129.6!!!!

RawrGirl is in shock. RawrGirl has NEVER, NEVER weighed anything in the 120's!!!!

This is almost 10 pounds lighter than her lightest adult weight of 138. RawrGirl is in shock. RawrGirl thinks the scale must be wrong, so she jumped on several times:

1x: 129.6
2x: 129.6 (runs down stairs to get camera phone)
3x: 130.0 (stupid camera phone apparently weights .4 pounds)
4x: 130.0 (wihtout phone...bloody scale is stupid, RawrGirl knows it said under 130!)
5x: 132.4 (wearing Prince Charming's heavy robe)
6x: 129.8 (naked again...good enough -- jumps off and takes a bloody picture before the numbers disappear)

2012-12-21 09.42.38.jpg

RawrGirl is dumbfounded...elated...rapt...chuffed...everything! And...

...oh my gosh, she just realized something...she is still squishy in some spots. What in the world will she weigh when she reaches measurement goals??? She never really thought she'd ever weigh under 130. WOW! Maybe 126 as that is 9 stone...or perhaps 125? Who knows! RawrGirl doesn't care. 120 anything is more than she ever thought was realistic.

Now comes the hard part, lol...to weigh 129.6 on January 11th! RawrGirl thinks that she will stare at the pic of the scale with the bright red glowing "129.6" anytime she feels like bingeing while on holiday!

Okay...well RawrGirl is off to update her stats!

Last edited:
That's absolutely fantastic! You've done so brilliantly and you're looking gorgeous. Stay strong over Christmas! :D x

Oh my goodness RawrGirl! That is fantastic! You are definitely a bombshell now ;) I bet it's the best Christmas present ever? This is certainly my happiest adult Christmas yet, and all it took was losing some weight! Go Team Skinny. X

Thanks!!! Yes, RawrGirl is ecstatically happy! She has lost 42.4 pounds and has decided to change her goal weight to 122 as then she can say she lost 50 pounds! Go Team Skinny! We are all amazing! RawrGirl LOVES Minimins!!!

So for now, she just wants to maintain this weight through Christmas (or at least lose whatever she gains over the holidays by January 11th), and then her goal is to reach 122 by February 15th / Valentines Weekend.

Oh my gosh, RawrGirl can't stop bouncing in her computer chair! And she may even tell people her weight now...if they ask! So stoked...and so in shock. Feel like doing the happy dance!

Success like this is what motivates people like me, who are just at the beginning, even more.

Well done!

Well done RawGirl!! you are amazing! you must be sooo happy and proud of yourself!

Oh goody! I like an even number, none of this point something!!

Back