Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

NSV

Prince Charming (rubbing RawrGirl's back): Wow, I can feel your ribs. Like they are right there. There's no...

RawrGirl: Squishiness?

Prince Charming: Well, yea. Not that I care; squishiness doesn't matter to me. But there's like only skin and then rib. It's just...interesting.

RawrGirl: :D

RawrGirl said:
Prince Charming (rubbing RawrGirl's back): Wow, I can feel your ribs. Like they are right there. There's no...

RawrGirl: Squishiness?

Prince Charming: Well, yea. Not that I care; squishiness doesn't matter to me. But there's like only skin and then rib. It's just...interesting.

RawrGirl: :D

Fantastic NSV! I love it!!

Just Stuff

Well, RawrGirl spent the weekend perusing Pintrest, watching What Not To Wear, and reading eating disorder recovery books (to learn how not to binge) which brought up an interesting point about getting to the point where she accepts that her mother and sister will never be able to give her the love/acceptance/approval that she craves. And that by accepting that, she will then be able to move forward, grow, and heal, rather than always be trying to become what they want/find acceptable. So now it's just a question of how to do that, as RawrGirl has no idea how to leave a void empty and not try to fill it. :sigh:

Anyway...either today or tomorrow, RawrGirl will go out to the nearest shopping centers and try to find a store that is hiring, as her Pintrest board "Dream Wardrobe" is growing substantially and she really wants to buy new clothes to celebrate her bod. Hopefully she finds something soon, because it's not just clothes she wants...she and Prince Charming have been scraping REALLY badly lately and it will only get worse as the winter progresses as the heating bill is horrendous.

And RawrGirl really wishes that this was Thanksgiving week, as she is really craving her treat weekend, and still has another weekend to make it through. Grrrr. But at least she came up with a way to satisfy her honey mustard chicken craving:

In frying pan, grill:
canned chicken salad meat
butter spray
garlic powder
bacon bits

Add to low carb wrap, spray with butter and garlic powder, and grill with chicken inside, top with American cheese

Honey Mustard Dip:
2 TB light may
mustard
2 drops mustard

It was quite good as yesterday's lunch, so RawrGirl plans to have it for dinner tonight. :)

Well, RawrGirl spent the weekend perusing Pintrest, watching What Not To Wear, and reading eating disorder recovery books (to learn how not to binge) which brought up an interesting point about getting to the point where she accepts that her mother and sister will never be able to give her the love/acceptance/approval that she craves. And that by accepting that, she will then be able to move forward, grow, and heal, rather than always be trying to become what they want/find acceptable. So now it's just a question of how to do that, as RawrGirl has no idea how to leave a void empty and not try to fill it. :sigh:

Anyway...either today or tomorrow, RawrGirl will go out to the nearest shopping centers and try to find a store that is hiring, as her Pintrest board "Dream Wardrobe" is growing substantially and she really wants to buy new clothes to celebrate her bod. Hopefully she finds something soon, because it's not just clothes she wants...she and Prince Charming have been scraping REALLY badly lately and it will only get worse as the winter progresses as the heating bill is horrendous.

And RawrGirl really wishes that this was Thanksgiving week, as she is really craving her treat weekend, and still has another weekend to make it through. Grrrr. But at least she came up with a way to satisfy her honey mustard chicken craving:

In frying pan, grill:
butter spray
garlic powder
bacon bits

Add to low carb wrap, spray with butter and garlic powder, and grill with chicken inside, top with American cheese

Honey Mustard Dip:
2 TB light may
mustard
2 drops mustard

It was quite good as yesterday's lunch, so RawrGirl plans to have it for dinner tonight. :)

Awww sweetheart - you can't just leave an empty void - you need to rearrange all the other love and make it fit. Just because your mum and sister are closer and perhaps relate better has nothing to do with amounts of love - it usually means they process things in a similar way and have similar traits. Embrace your own different style - they are as lucky to have you in their life as are to have them (even if you don't feel that lucky at times ;)).
Your chicken wrap sounds delicious - must try it but can't find any low carb wraps here, might get some weightwatchers ones, although don't like their stuff as a rule ...
And treat weekend isn't very far away - just think how deserving you'll feel when you've been so good for another week - and how good you'll look.

In frying pan, grill:
butter spray
garlic powder
bacon bits

Honey Mustard Dip:
2 TB light may
mustard
2 drops mustard

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I know this from my ex's AA affiliation but it is relevant to everybody

'You ain't never gonna get the love you never had' Many people struggle with this including myself

Good luck with the job hunt! I know exactly what you mean, I can't wait to shop "properly" when I start earning money again. It will be dangerous though as when I was bigger I always loved looking at clothes but beer bought them because I knew I'd look awful in them. When I reach goal I'll have no reason NOT to buy them (besides impending bankruptcy maybe!)

Sorry about your family problems. I know it's easier said than done but try not to let it get you down. It obviously doesn't bother them so there's no point in you holding on to the negativity as letting it get you down. Sorry- I'm not very good at life advice!!

Wrap sounds yummy! X

Hey there. Just checking in to say hi and I hope today is a better day for you. You're looking great by the way, have you lost weight?! ;)

RawrGirl's New Workout

So, RawrGirl has designed her own "Shred" Workout so that she can continue working out her whole body as she had been doing since she started the VLCD. It's mostly the same, but with the addition of Jillian's Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (which she rewinds and plays a total of 3 times each day, so that it has the same amount of cardio as the DVD). This routine does not "double up" on weights (lifting w/ shoulders while squatting) and the reps are less (12 compared to 20+) but the weights are heavier and more muscle groups are involved. It runs about 25 minutes plus the warm up and cool down.

Monday / Wednesday / Friday

Pushups -- 2 sets/10 reps (done on toes this week -- for first time in life!) or Chest Flies (10lb each hand)
Shoulders -- 2-3 sets / 12 reps (10 lb each hand) Lateral Rasies or Presses
Jillian Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (jumping jacks, bum kicks, level 2 skaters instead of punches, jump rope)
Biceps Curls -- 3-4 sets / 12 reps (10 lb each)
Tricep Extensions -- 3-4 sets / 12 reps (6lb total) or Dips
Jillian Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (jumping jacks, bum kicks, level 2 skaters instead of punches, jump rope)
Upper Back -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Mid Back -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)

Tuesdays and Thursdays

Bum -- 4 sets/12 reps Regular Squats (Tues) and Side lunge squats (Thurs)
Quads -- 4 sets / 12 reps Front Lunges (Tues) and Back Lunges (Thurs)
Spiral -- 3-4 sets/12 reps (this is a figure skating strength move for lifting your leg behind you and higher than hip level)
Calves -- 3-4 sets/12 reps
Jillian Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (jumping jacks, bum kicks, skaters instead of punches, jump rope) (performed 3x, in-between sets -- after set 1, 2, and 3)

Saturday (no cardio/not counted as Shred workout)

Hamstrings -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Abducter -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Adducter -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Lower Back -- 4 sets / 12 reps Superman

Hey there. Just checking in to say hi and I hope today is a better day for you. You're looking great by the way, have you lost weight?! ;)

Thank you, Squishy. And thank you Oh2BeSkinny and LargerThanMost.

RawrGirl is in a better mood today...not sure why, esp after yesterday which got even worse. Last night, we are sitting on door and loud knock on the door and man asks for Prince Charming and gives him a summons!?!?!

I figured it had to be a mistake, but here it was some old credit card company taking him to court over a credit card he had years ago with his ex who had maxed out the card, but it's his name on it. Grrr. So anyway...he is hoping it's not too late to set up payment arrangements as the summons threatens that a judge will garnish his pay check. :raincloud:

So yea, surprisingly, RawrGirl is in a very good mood today. Perhaps it has something to do with this: Despite her Dream Wardrobe Pinterest Board, which specifically states, "I will no longer buy clothes from Goodwill and Walmart," RawrGirl has decided that she will go to Goodwill (thrift store)
tomorrow and buy some clothes that fit her (Prince Charming gets paid tomorrow), with whatever money is left after bills and fine is paid. But she has some rules to follow:

She will not buy anything baggy
She will only buy something in pristine condition
She will not buy anything that does not fit yet (she will try really hard to follow this one)
She will only buy something if she is 100% in love with it and would pay full price for it

So, that is RawrGirl's plan, and probably why she is cheery today, as she is not sure if she has EVER been this thin, and she has really started to see it in the mirror this week, and is looking forward to shopping and finding some fitted things to wear as she has still been wearing big baggy clothes everyday and has felt horrible.

She also played around with her hair today (curling it) and took some pics on her phone and liked how they came out and thinks/hopes that perhaps she will not hate all the Christmas pics people take of her this year. :)

RawrGirl said:
Thank you, Squishy. And thank you Oh2BeSkinny and LargerThanMost.

RawrGirl is in a better mood today...not sure why, esp after yesterday which got even worse. Last night, we are sitting on door and loud knock on the door and man asks for Prince Charming and gives him a summons!?!?!

I figured it had to be a mistake, but here it was some old credit card company taking him to court over a credit card he had years ago with his ex who had maxed out the card, but it's his name on it. Grrr. So anyway...he is hoping it's not too late to set up payment arrangements as the summons threatens that a judge will garnish his pay check. :raincloud:

So yea, surprisingly, RawrGirl is in a very good mood today. Perhaps it has something to do with this: Despite her Dream Wardrobe Pinterest Board, which specifically states, "I will no longer buy clothes from Goodwill and Walmart," RawrGirl has decided that she will go to Goodwill (thrift store) tomorrow and buy some clothes that fit her (Prince Charming gets paid tomorrow), with whatever money is left after bills and fine is paid. But she has some rules to follow:

She will not buy anything baggy
She will only buy something in pristine condition
She will not buy anything that does not fit yet (she will try really hard to follow this one)
She will only buy something if she is 100% in love with it and would pay full price for it

So, that is RawrGirl's plan, and probably why she is cheery today, as she is not sure if she has EVER been this thin, and she has really started to see it in the mirror this week, and is looking forward to shopping and finding some fitted things to wear as she has still been wearing big baggy clothes everyday and has felt horrible.

She also played around with her hair today (curling it) and took some pics on her phone and liked how they came out and thinks/hopes that perhaps she will not hate all the Christmas pics people take of her this year. :)

Aw I'm so glad you're feeling more upbeat today. Poor Prince Charming though :(

Shopping trip sounds like a great idea and your rules make a LOT of sense. Maybe if it's a successful trip we might get to see some photos of you modelling the purchases? And I want to see your hair too pretty lady!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Maybe if it's a successful trip we might get to see some photos of you modelling the purchases? And I want to see your hair too pretty lady!

Ok, keep in mind that RawrGirl was not really expecting to post these pics, which is why they are so goofy. She can't be the only one who makes faces at herself in the mirror, right?

So...here is one:

curling hair.jpg

This one is RawrGirl normal, except her hair is pretty (which is not normal, lol, which was the point of seeing how long it would take her to curl it every morning, or at least for Christmas and date nights):

normal.jpg

This one is her imitating Angelina Jolie (minus the sexy lips, obviously):

Angelina Impersonation.jpg

This one is trying to make her face look as thin as possible, lol:

thin face.jpg

RawrGirl actually really likes her face in that last one, minus the sucking in of her cheeks...if only she could get her face that thin without the puckered the lips! :rotflmao:

PS -- the gap in RawrGirl's eyebrow is from waxing a bit too high...hey, it was only her 3rd time doing it herself. :eek: :cool:

Last edited:
Appearance Apathy

Ok, so RawrGirl has been meaning to write this post for a long time now. And since RawrGirl posted cute pics, she now feels guilty and compelled to post bad pics, and since the bad pics serve as good examples of her appearance apathy, she figured she may as well type it up now.

RawrGirl has what she calls appearance apathy (based on one of her binge eating disorder books that referred to weight/body apathy, a person who gives up trying to reach goal and just eats what they want, and usually ends up becoming more and more obese).

Anyway, RawrGirl has appearance apathy. Basically she is a poster child for a What Not To Wear episode. Unless she is going on a date, to church, or meeting friends, she wears the same clothes every single day. And she doesn't mean the same type of clothes, she means she wears her (now baggy) yoga pants every single day, paired with a different shirt (T-shirt in the summer, long sleeve T-shirt in the winter) and when it's cold, one of her husband or her teenage son's hoodie or sweatshirts -- the same hoodie or sweatshirt. She alternates them weekly.

Up until very recently, RawrGirl slept in her yoga pants. She says "recently" because not until Prince Charming looked at her in surprise and asked, "aren't they the pants you wore all day?" did she even realize this was not normal. So RawrGirl picked up some nightgown thingy's she knew Prince Charming would like and now wears them.

What RawrGirl did know was NOT normal was that she doesn't even think to brush her hair everyday. (Yes, she brushes her teeth, lol!) And she doesn't even notice until she is out at the store or picking up Prince Charming from work and realizes that she has huge knots in her hair that stick out everywhere. :(

RawrGirl never wears makeup unless the date/church/friends thing, which Prince Charming doesn't care about, but RawrGirl only feels pretty with makeup on.

Rewind 20 years, and RawrGirl had a 2-hour beauty routine. She would not even walk to the mailbox without full makeup, jeans, a cute top, and heeled boots (RawrGirl NEVER wore sneakers unless she was exercising -- now, sneakers are ALL she wears). So what happened?

RawrGirl never felt pretty. She always felt ugly. Sometimes she cried so hard trying to do her makeup to feel pretty that she smeared her mascara and foundation and had to start all over again. And so...she just gave up. If she couldn't look/feel pretty when trying...why try?

Here are some quotes from a girl in a What Not To Wear episode that RawrGirl was like "Oh my gosh! Someone who actually thinks like me!!!"

"If I try, I'm saying 'look at me' which invites criticism. If I don't try or bother to look at myself, I can't criticize and remember all the things wrong with me."

"If I draw attention to myself, then I'm opening myself up to judgement."

"It's easier not to think about it, because them I'm not insecure about it."

"If you look good, or worse, if you know you look good, then people will think you are arrogant."

"Trying to look good produces anxiety, if you don't notice or look at yourself, you just forget, and don't have to feel that stress.

To those quotes, RawrGirl will add:

If I feel/look good, I'm saying I measure up, that I don't have to fix, alter, strive. If I feel confident in who I am, then other people will quickly point out that I've deceived myself, they will think "Look at her flaws -- this, this, and that. She is worthless and should stop tricking herrself (or trying to trick others) into thinking she's more/better than she is. She might be blind, but we're not. We see the real her. The her that doesn't measure up. She's not fooling anyone. So stop pretending."

So...with all that in my head...it's a lot less pressure to not try and to look invisible (and trust me, when you are in baggy clothes, with dirty knotty hair, no one notices you).

So anyway, RawrGirl is trying to overcome all this, and wants to wear real clothes every day even if just to go food shopping, and ONLY wear yoga pants and sneakers when she is exercising. She also wants to start brushing and styling her hair everyday, and to wear makeup...even if just a touch here and there.

And so, here are some pics of her in the past....

This one is of freakin' Christmas Eve dinner at her mom's with tons of family...and RawrGirl has hair in pony tail, no makeup, and baggy hoodie of teenage son's. :(

christmas 2008.jpg

This one is last Christmas where RawrGirl did try to dress up, felt horrible, hates pictures, and her hair fell flat and looks stupid like always.

christmas 2011.jpg

And this one is another example of RawrGirl's hair flat, parting down the center, and cutting her face in half and making her cheeks/face look fatter.

fall 2008.jpg

So, that is why RawrGirl named her diary "Blimp to Bombshell" because she doesn't just want to lose weight, she wants to feel confident and get over her appearance apathy and actually dress nice, buy clothes that aren't just jeans and t-shirts, heal from whatever emotional baggage causes her to binge, become feminine and graceful, and in general feel good about herself and enjoy the way she looks because 40 is only 6 years away, and she'd never felt pretty.

So she has spent the last 2+ months devouring every style book and overcoming binge eating book in the library and is now watching as many episodes of What Not To Wear as she can find on YouTube and jotting down tips, taking notes, and making a list of what she needs.

So...hopefully RawrGirl didn't sound pathetic through all of that, whilst all her Minimins friends are backing away from their computer screens in horror...:eek:

Last edited:
I don't post a lot on these boards, but felt I had to here. I've read through your posts, and can I just say, without sounding like a weirdo that you are gorgeous & I really hope & wish some day you realise that!!! Your doing really well so can't wait to follow you to your goal!

Saint-penfold said:
I don't post a lot on these boards, but felt I had to here. I've read through your posts, and can I just say, without sounding like a weirdo that you are gorgeous & I really hope & wish some day you realise that!!! Your doing really well so can't wait to follow you to your goal!

Yes yes yes! Well said!

RawrGirl I love the curly hair. You look so sultry and beautiful. And look at that amazing jaw line. You really are gorgeous, and you have such flawless skin which I am extremely jealous of.

Even in the second set of photos I think you look lovely! Lacking in confidence, definitely, but for no obvious reason because I honestly think you look great. I hope someone takes lots of photos I you this Xmas so you can look back at those and feel proud of how you look and how far you've come.

I really hope you find some lovely clothes today so you can dress up and feel good about yourself and your fabulous new body.

Oh my god you're gorgeous! You need to update your profile picture with a more up to date and forever you.

Also if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? :p You honestly look only early 20's but you say things like '20 years ago' so now I'm very curious! x

tweekedgirl said:
Oh my god you're gorgeous! You need to update your profile picture with a more up to date and forever you.

Also if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? :p You honestly look only early 20's but you say things like '20 years ago' so now I'm very curious! x

You're so right Tweekedgirl, she looks so young! And RawrGirl, she's right about the profile pic too! X

Yes yes yes! Well said!

RawrGirl I love the curly hair. You look so sultry and beautiful. And look at that amazing jaw line. You really are gorgeous, and you have such flawless skin which I am extremely jealous of.

Even in the second set of photos I think you look lovely! Lacking in confidence, definitely, but for no obvious reason because I honestly think you look great. I hope someone takes lots of photos I you this Xmas so you can look back at those and feel proud of how you look and how far you've come.

I really hope you find some lovely clothes today so you can dress up and feel good about yourself and your fabulous new body.

What she said with bells on ....

Here to follow!

OH MY GOD! You are GORGEOUS! I had no idea! You definitely need to update that profile pic!

Aww...you guys are all so sweet. RawrGirl plans on updating her profile pic on Thursday when she gets on the evil scale. Oh, and she is 34, will be 35 in July. :/

Unfortunately within a few hours of curling her hair and taking those pics, RawrGirl's hair went flat as always and she scoured the internet for hours searching for how to add volume to the top of her head...and much to the frustration of Prince Charming, kept asking, "Do you like her hair?" What about hers?" "What do you mean you don't have a preference?" "For pete's sake, what type of hair do you like?"

Men. Lol.

So, after a very discouraging day today (RawrGirl couldn't pay quite a few bills just to cover the immediately must be paid things), she went to Goodwill with under $20 and found the most awesome black jeans with a subtle sheen. RawrGirl has always loved and worn faded blue jeans, but now for the first time ever she gets what they are talking about on What Not to Wear when they say to go with a dark wash. RawrGirl is very happy.

Ok, so since Squishy asked for pics, here they are.

Oh...first, RawrGirl broke one of her rules. She bought 2 things she would not have paid full price for, BUT only because of the color (RawrGirl buys mostly pink and brown and the occasional green). However, one can't be that picky at Goodwill, and they fit great and make her look slim. What are they? (hangs head in shame) Hoodies. BUT BUT BUT they are girl hoodies, not big baggy man or teenage son hoodies. And they are warm (and RawrGirl's house is cold to keep the heat bill down). And did she mention they made her look slim?

Ok, so here's the pics. In all of them, RawrGirl is wearing the super cool black jeans. They are soft and very comfy. In the first pic, she is wearing a pink sweater, that might be slightly big, but it might supposed to fit that way, RawrGirl is not sure. And in the other two, are her warm girl hoodies. Honest to God, RawrGirl did try to find sweaters instead of hoodies, but the 3 she tried on that she liked were too baggy, and NOT ONE sweater in the whole store had a sweater where the waist goes in, they were all boxy. (Actually, there was one, but it was a small, and it was turtle neck with added fabric at the top, and it was striped, and all around ugly, and all the style books say RawrGirl shouldn't wear turtle necks, and that was literally the only one in the store.)

And RawrGirl swears that as soon as she has money for regular shops, she will buy sweaters. But for now, at least she has clothes that are fitted, so she doesn't feel like she lost all this weight and can't even see it.

2012-11-15 16.09.32_Newark_Delaware_US.jpg2012-11-15 16.15.33_Newark_Delaware_US.jpg2012-11-15 16.16.55_Newark_Delaware_US.jpg

Eeekk!!!

Um...RawrGirl has her annual girl checkup tomorrow morning and it didn't occur to her until THIS VERY MOMENT that they are going to weigh her!!! :eek:

So...she was supposed to get the scale Thursday anyway, and her home digital scale is off by 6-8 pounds (as compared to the WW scale) so...she can either:

1) stand on it backwards and tell the nurse not to tell her her weight, or

2) go ahead and get a more accurate reading than she would even if it's 6 days earlier

RawrGirl is considering going with option 2, because she thinks her Minimins friends would kill her if she didn't, and because it probably would be a good idea to get a more accurate reading instead of trying to figure out if she should add 6, 7, or 8 pounds to whatever the home scale says.

Bleepity, Bleep, Bleep -- RawrGirl sooooo wishes that tonight was NOT the night she decided to try out salty cauliflower crisps for dinner!!!!! (They were really good by the way, in case anyone is interested.) RawrGirl is going to double up on her potassium and hope...

:innocent0001:

Back