Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

Yes, RawrGirl meant scone type thing, lol.

However, RawrGirl has made low-carb cookies. Any recipe works if you substitute white flour with carbalose flour and sugar with erythritol and liquid splenda. RawrGirl buys all three online. If you can get those ingredients RawrGirl will happily post how to measure/convert and adjustments to baking times.

Hey chick just subscribing your doing amazing xxxx

Giving me the inspiration xxx

BTW where are you getting your protein shakes from?

Hey chick just subscribing your doing amazing xxxx

Giving me the inspiration xxx

BTW where are you getting your protein shakes from?

Awww, thanks. You are very sweet!

RawrGirl gets the protein shakes from Walmart, they are low sugar. But she hasn't been drinking them lately. Now she eats a turkey club for breakfast (chipotle mayo, low carb wrap, turkey, cheddar, bacon bits).

Awww, thanks. You are very sweet!

RawrGirl gets the protein shakes from Walmart, they are low sugar. But she hasn't been drinking them lately. Now she eats a turkey club for breakfast (chipotle mayo, low carb wrap, turkey, cheddar, bacon bits).

Sounds amazing!!!!!!

Didn't realise u lived in America where a bouts????

So how's ur daily diet now then? X

Yes, RawrGirl meant scone type thing, lol.

However, RawrGirl has made low-carb cookies. Any recipe works if you substitute white flour with carbalose flour and sugar with erythritol and liquid splenda. RawrGirl buys all three online. If you can get those ingredients RawrGirl will happily post how to measure/convert and adjustments to baking times.

Thanks but I'm not really into sweet cookies - I was looking for something either plain or savoury - on the lines of not so sweet shortbread or savoury crackers. Off to google carbalose flour though ... sounds interesting.

So RawrGirl finally went skating today (first time since the blow up with ex-pair partner). He doesn't go on Tuesdays, so RawrGirl still hasn't seen him. If she goes tomorrow she will though. Hmmm.

So, first night of cooking "diet" for Prince Charming was a great success. Made him a Creamy Chicken Asparagus Rice Bake with Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup, brown rice, mushrooms, asparagus, skinless chicken thigh, and cheddar cheese. RawrGirl made a slightly modified version for her self sans the mushrooms and rice and added a bit of cream cheese. It was quite yummy though she ended up accidentally going over calories (868 instead of 800), but as she ice skated today and MFP puts her at 326 she guesses she won't fret too much.

Scale still saying 136 though RawrGirl had already dressed (she forgot the scale was still there) and it was way too cold to undress, so maybe she will remember tomorrow morning. If it still hasn't budged, she will get rid of it again, as that is ridiculous...her monthly weigh ins show that she loses between 2-3 pounds a week, so she will NOT get sucked into the demon scale's evil manipulation tricks! Away it will go if it wants to behave like this...

Dinner sounds lovely! Glad PC liked it.

Yes, put those evil scales back into solitary confinement please! They are messing with your mind! Mr. McFatterson has hidden ours until Monday morning so I hope they'll learn their lesson and behave a lot better than they did last Monday!

Oh, and MrMcFatterson has lost 21lb, not 16lb, oops! He's still got an "overweight" BMI at 26 but looks and feels great. He'll get to 25 or less in no time. He's even been trying on old clothes from his wardrobe and is happy that they fit him again!

Calories and protein/carbs are still the same. RawrGirl just mixes it up abit.

RawrGirl currently lives in Delaware, but in 4 years we are either moving to Colorado or England. :D

England :eek::eek: whyyyyyyyyy i haven't been to america but sooo want to x

So this morning, the evil demon scales said 134.6. On Friday last, they said 133.4...so RawrGirl is still wondering how they are going to suddenly say 131.4 or less in only 2 days. However, she will take her measurements as well on Friday, and compare them to her chart, and if her measurements are down and the scale is still up, RawrGirl will be floored. This type of scales idiosyncrasies is what led her to not be able to reach goal in 14 years. (The scale wouldn't budge, she'd assume the diet wasn't working, and eat pizza to console herself after a week of pointless restriction.) As long as RawrGirl's measurements have gone down, she will not worry or care what the scale says. But if she doesn't lose inches either, then she will have to figure out what is wrong. She hopes it's not because she went back to eating 800 calories (from 500). RawrGirl is really hungry on 500 calories and starts to get grumpy.

But...no more worries until Friday, as nothing is definite until then. :)

Have a lovely day, everyone!

EDIT: Okay, now RawrGirl is trying not to panic. She just took her waist and hip measurements and they are also UP! :cry:This makes no sense whatsoever. This is why/how RawrGirl has given up in the past! Trying to stay calm.

Last edited:
Ok. Now breathe, and step away from the scales and the measuring tape! You know as well as I do that everything fluctuates. Our bodies are cruel! Now ask Prince Charming to hide both for at least a few days, and just keep doing what you've always done. You know it works. You used to weigh 170 and look at you now! Hot stuff!! X

Exactly what she said with knobs on.

There's no point on hiding the scale tomorrow if RawrGirl is getting on it Friday. The whole point was to actually see what an average week of weight loss and body fluctuations looked like...just ironically, RawrGirl isn't losing this week (unless a miracle happens over the next 48 hours.) But no worries, the scale will be gone Friday not to return until February 9th. It's just ridiculously ironic that this is the week that RawrGirl doesn't lose weight (the first time since September).

So whether it's water retention, or hormones, or her first plateau, RawrGirl tried to think realistically what would cause said plateau and did realize that she has done the same exercise routine for quite a while now. September was 2 sets of 12 reps with no cardio, then around October, she upped it 3 sets of 12 reps with no cardio, and then for November, she added the Shred's three 2-minute cardio bursts...and hasn't changed anything since. So 2.5 months of the same routine. So today, RawrGirl did a little internet surfing, and it seems the body adjusts to a workout after about 60 days.

So...again the irony is thick that she had the scale the week of her "body-adjusted-to-the-routine-plateau", but no matter, RawrGirl has spent the last several hours researching new exercises she can do with the equipment she already has.

LOWER BODY

Thigh: Resisted Mountain Climbers (resisted = pulley contraption attached to each ankle) Replaced: Lunges
Butt: High Steps and Rear Leg Raise with ankle weights / Replaced: squats
Adductor and Abductor: Side leg raises and inner thigh leg raises with ankle weights / Replaced: pulley contraption
Spirals/Arabesque: now with ankle weights (which RawrGirl bought yesterday originally just to improve this figure skating move, but obviously came in handy to revamp workout)

UPPER BODY

Chest: Push-ups on toes (regardless of how little reps) / Replaced: 3 sets of 12 push ups on knees
Shoulders: Straight arm side raises / Replaced: Bent arm side raises
Biceps: Slower, individual curls / Replaced: Simultaneous curls
Triceps: Triceps dips / Replaced: Overhead Triceps raises
Upper Back: Latt pull-over / Replaced: Pulley Contraption
Mid Back: Dumbbel bent-over rows / Replaced: Pulley Contraption

CARDIO

Skaters over length of long stepper bench / Replaced: Normal Skaters
Side jumps with stepper bench / Replaced: Jumping Jacks
30 Seconds Plyometric Squat (squat, jump, land in squat) / Replaced: Normal Skaters
30 Seconds Explosive Lunge (start in lunge, jump and switch legs in air, land in alternate leg lunge) / Replaced: Jumping Jacks

So...new routine starts tomorrow as RawrGirl worked out before she did all this research. Hopefully this new routine helps RawrGirl's workout burnout, because she had been looking forward to cutting back a bit when she hit goal/maintenance, not make it harder.

So so ironic. Hopefully that's all it is, a cruel plateau. I find it ironic that I always seem to weigh at least a pound less on Tuesday mornings, the day AFTER my weigh in. Grrr!! My bathroom is looking very empty without my old frenemy, the scales, sitting in the corner....!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So so ironic. Hopefully that's all it is, a cruel plateau. I find it ironic that I always seem to weigh at least a pound less on Tuesday mornings, the day AFTER my weigh in. Grrr!! My bathroom is looking very empty without my old frenemy, the scales, sitting in the corner....!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

2 years ago when RawrGirl was going to WW on Friday mornings, her weight on Fridays was always heavier than her weight on Wed, which makes no sense whatsoever, but she eventually just started going to Wednesday meetings even though it was no where near as convenient.

All this stress has taught RawrGirl one thing though...she is NOT going to be a daily weigher during maintenance (even though its recommended). She will do weekly, and if even that is stressful, monthly...UNLESS RawrGirl sees a consistent fluctuation in her weight and waist measurements. As RawrGirl has NEVER been at goal / maintaining before, perhaps it is completely normal for a waist measurement to move from 28 to 29 throughout the course of a week. If that is the case, then fine...RawrGirl would know not to worry unless she saw OVER 29.

RawrGirl is sick, so no exercise yesterday. Yesterday's weight: 133.4 (last Friday's weight). Today's weight: 133.8. So yea, the week RawrGirl decides to keep the evil demon scale in the hopes they can be friends, it's true nastiness comes through.

RawrGirl is now forced to change her goal date, her signature, her team skinny challenge goal, and her stats, as it is obvious she is not going to see 129 (let alone 122) anytime soon. :(

PS -- Prince Charming lost 2 pounds! :)

don't give in Rg! you totally kept it together when the scales didn't move- and looked into the potential reasons, changing your exercise routine and everything.... world champion sanity there!!!

Back