Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

Must say u are major inspiration for for me.....

ur doing so well x

TEAM RAWGIRL WOOP WOOp

RawrGirl is sick, so no exercise yesterday. Yesterday's weight: 133.4 (last Friday's weight). Today's weight: 133.8. So yea, the week RawrGirl decides to keep the evil demon scale in the hopes they can be friends, it's true nastiness comes through.

RawrGirl is now forced to change her goal date, her signature, her team skinny challenge goal, and her stats, as it is obvious she is not going to see 129 (let alone 122) anytime soon. :(

PS -- Prince Charming lost 2 pounds! :)

Just spotted this. Big congrats to PC!

So RawrGirl was really craving food all weekend, really wanted pizza and other comfort foods cuz she wasn't feeling well, and because she was down about the stupid scale. But after much mental deliberation (might as well eat whatever you want, you didn't lose weight anyway, you don't feel well, treat yourself), RawrGirl persevered and stuck with plan.

As usual, before she eats ANYTHING, she figures out her calories for every meal so that she doesn't go over, and planned accordingly. Today, she wakes up to figure out Mondays when AAAAAAGGH!!!! :eek: Somehow or another she forgot to add in the low-carb biscuits (rolls) she had for breakfast yesterday so her calories for Sunday, which she thought were 1200 (as they were supposed to be) are actually 1600!!! :eek :

All that talking herself out of overeating and she goes and overeats by accident!?!?! Trust her, if RawrGirl wanted to overeat, it would NOT have been on low-carb biscuits! Grrrr!

Oh well - it may seem like wasted calories BUT it is a victory cos even if you miscounted, you still planned and did not give in to those temptations running through your head.
Well done that girl.

Pre-Maintenance

Well, RawrGirl has decided that she thinks she will need to do a pre-maintenance diary before she officially moves on to her RawrGirl's Team Skinny Maintenance Diary.

She has noticed recently that when she wants food, she's been saying things like, "oh, I'll eat that when I am at goal," or "Won't it be nice to eat that anytime I want, once I hit goal." She's been saying things like that to herself so much, that she realized adding 200 calories a day per week will NEVER include ALL the things she's been thinking of. 200 is not alot...even if is "seems" like it is after only 800.

But really, it's just adding 2 low-carb rolls to dinner, or
A whole bowl of soup, instead of half, or
A slice of cheese and an extra cup of coffee

So, if RawrGirl doesn't get her head on straight, she will never maintain goal (when she gets there).

Thus, she decided that if her next phase is a 6-week pre-maintenance diary where she adds 200 calories a day per week till she stops losing weight, then hopefully that will keep her on track mentally, so instead of thinking, "oh, I can eat pasta or chips as soon as I reach goal," she will instead think, "I can eat rolls or more soup when I hit maintenance."

So yea...that is RawrGirl's next goal. Pre-maintenance, not Maintenance. And she thinks it will be fun to have the links to all 3 of her diaries in her signature.

So now she just needs a name for her pre-maintenance diary:

Bombshell in Training: RawrGirl's Pre-maintenance Diary
Team Skinny Recruit: RawrGirl's Pre-maintenance Diary
Team Skinny Rookie: RawrGirl's Pre-maintenance Diary

Anyone else have ideas?

Im in the Uk Rawgirl id say come visit and enjoy but i would never say make roots.
The future here is such that i fear greatly for my Grandaughter and wish her much succes at school so the world is open to her.
This is an island hun and when it goes tits up which it is already, you will want to get off it pretty quickly. You can drive from one end to the other in a day so theres no where far to run.
My best advice is Stick to colarado luv. Xx

Me too honey I dream of going to America!!! X

Dilemma

So RawrGirl has a dilemma: birthday party Saturday night with lots of her friends (for cutest 2 year old boy ever!). It's a potluck, and people have posted they are bringing things like lasagna and baked mac-n-cheese, etc. There will be a 7-layer taco dip with chips, which RawrGirl assumes she could eat sans the chips and stay in Ketosis but the meat will obviously not be lean so her calories will end up through the roof. And dessert will be completely out of the question. :(

So...RawrGirl can either eat nothing (but the cauliflower casserole she is bringing) and basically starve and feel miserable and tempted the whole time, or she can eat taco thing and go way over calories and though not starve still feel miserable and tempted by other things, or she can just let herself go out of Ketosis (which she wasn't supposed to do until Feb 9th), and enjoy herself within reason. Of course, if she decides to go out of Ketosis this weekend, she may as well start Friday night and have her usual once a month "treat" weekend which she was planning on skipping this month because of 10-day holiday from Christmas till New Years. But, this would solve the problem of her own son's birthday, which is Saturday (but he will be at his dad's and won't get back till Sunday), but she could have his dad bring back him earlier on Sunday and they could get pizza and celebrate his birthday...instead of either not doing anything particularly special (which seems absolutely ridiculous for the kid not to be able to eat pizza because his mom is on a diet)...so yea, the more RawrGirl types this the more she realizes that she really should go out of Ketosis this weekend...or be a horrible mom or be miserable while they eat pizza and she can't.

GRRRR!

Okay, so now the question is, does she start Friday night (and order takeaway with Prince Charming during their typical stay-in Friday night date night), or does she diet all the way up to the party Saturday night?

Or does she let the scale decide? And how would that even work? If she has finally gotten back to 129, will she celebrate by treating herself Friday night, or will that motivate her to stay on track till Saturday night? If the scale is still 130-something, will she feel depressed and decide what the heck, she wants comfort food Friday night, or will she be mad (and depressed) and decide she must stay on track because she's still hasn't lost the weight from her last "treat."

RawrGirl hates this!!!

Aggghhh! I feel for you! I'm struggling to decide what to do and it's not even my decision to make. It just feels like there's always "something" thrown in our path to tempt us, doesn't it?! It does to me anyway!

I don't know what to say other than no matter what you decide, you're not going to shoot back up to 170 over one weekend. Yes, you might set your goal weight back a few weeks but does that really matter?

Best of luck with your decision AND with weigh in today! Xxx

So RawrGirl has a dilemma: birthday party Saturday night with lots of her friends (for cutest 2 year old boy ever!). It's a potluck, and people have posted they are bringing things like lasagna and baked mac-n-cheese, etc. There will be a 7-layer taco dip with chips, which RawrGirl assumes she could eat sans the chips and stay in Ketosis but the meat will obviously not be lean so her calories will end up through the roof. And dessert will be completely out of the question. :(

So...RawrGirl can either eat nothing (but the cauliflower casserole she is bringing) and basically starve and feel miserable and tempted the whole time, or she can eat taco thing and go way over calories and though not starve still feel miserable and tempted by other things, or she can just let herself go out of Ketosis (which she wasn't supposed to do until Feb 9th), and enjoy herself within reason. Of course, if she decides to go out of Ketosis this weekend, she may as well start Friday night and have her usual once a month "treat" weekend which she was planning on skipping this month because of 10-day holiday from Christmas till New Years. But, this would solve the problem of her own son's birthday, which is Saturday (but he will be at his dad's and won't get back till Sunday), but she could have his dad bring back him earlier on Sunday and they could get pizza and celebrate his birthday...instead of either not doing anything particularly special (which seems absolutely ridiculous for the kid not to be able to eat pizza because his mom is on a diet)...so yea, the more RawrGirl types this the more she realizes that she really should go out of Ketosis this weekend...or be a horrible mom or be miserable while they eat pizza and she can't.

GRRRR!

Okay, so now the question is, does she start Friday night (and order takeaway with Prince Charming during their typical stay-in Friday night date night), or does she diet all the way up to the party Saturday night?

Or does she let the scale decide? And how would that even work? If she has finally gotten back to 129, will she celebrate by treating herself Friday night, or will that motivate her to stay on track till Saturday night? If the scale is still 130-something, will she feel depressed and decide what the heck, she wants comfort food Friday night, or will she be mad (and depressed) and decide she must stay on track because she's still hasn't lost the weight from her last "treat."

RawrGirl hates this!!!

Hey chick i would diet up til saturday its only one friday night eating your missing xx

So RawrGirl lost 1.6 pounds. She guesses she should be happy with that considering that her only exercise this week was 2 weight sessions due to be sick.

DateDec 21Dec 31Jan 4Jan 9Jan 18Jan 25Feb 1Goal
Weight129140?138?135?133.4131.8129
Waist27.529.2528.7528.2528.2527.5
Navel323535333432
Hips37.538.2538.2538.2537.5

And here is her weekly chart that calculates calories, carbs, protein, and exercise.

jan25.jpg

PS -- Prince Charming lost another 2 pounds...despite cheating on his diet one day last week and having a super-sugary mocha. :)

Woohoo! Fantastic. Congrats to you both. Xxx

Diet/Binge Mentality

RawrGirl had a very frustrating morning. First not losing what she'd hoped, then trying to decide what to eat tonight for dinner -- go over calories? eat carbs? both? And she had to go to the shop for food for birthday party tomorrow, she is making Elmo cupcakes.

elmo.jpg

First she was going to use chocolate chips for the eyes as she figured they would be pretty easy to attach to the marshmallows pointy-side down, and with the rest of the chips she was going to make chocolate chip cookies for her and Prince Charming with carbalose (low carb) flour and sweetener, but then realized that half the chips would still be 800 calories. :eek: So if she were to eat half the batch (which of course she would), she would still be getting well over 1000 calories just for the cookies once you add the calories for the oil, egg, flour, etc. Which is more than pizza. So back went the chips (much to her sadness) and she found chocolate licorice to use for eyes instead (RawrGirl hates licorice).

So then, the Oreos. RawrGirl was very happy to treat herself to some Oreos and then realized that was bad too. So she bought a generic kind so that hopefully she will not be tempted to eat too many. She is going to try very hard to not open the package tonight as she knows she will nibble (there are 3x as many as she needs for the cupcakes!) But she knows how snacky she gets when she drinks...so she's not that confident. :(

So then there was still the decision of whether to diet today or not. Now, RawrGirl did realize something pretty important. IF she was on maintenance, and knew that she would be going to party Sat night and celebrating her son's b-day Sunday night, she would NOT eat a high-calorie meal Friday night. But when RawrGirl diets, she crams every high-calorie, high-carb food she can into her once-a-month treat weekend, which would start today.

So it comes down to whether she should switch from diet mentality to maintenance mentality even though she is still not at goal, let alone 129 (which she is still quite peeved about!!!!!!! :mad:).

So RawrGirl can either:

1 -- stay on diet = 1500 calories and IN Ketosis
2 -- modify diet = stay IN Ketosis but go over calories
3 -- diet/binge, er, diet/treat = eating loads of high-carb/high-calorie food all weekend
4 -- maintenance regimen = go OUT of Ketosis, but keep calories at 1500

Right now, RawrGirl is leaning toward #4, having a sensible pasta dinner with some baked cheetos tonight. She already figured out how to keep her calories around 1500-1600 with that, but only IF she doesn't open the cookies. As she has NEVER done a treat weekend with a calorie limit, she is not sure how realistic it will be to know she is out of ketosis and not overeat, esp once she's enjoying a bit of vodka. In RawrGirl's world, out-of-Ketosis = eat anything and everything you want. But obviously, RawrGirl needs to learn how not to do that if she ever wants to maintain goal weight. (Not to mention that the more she overeats this weekend, the less likely she will hit 129 next Friday.)

:(

Complete and Total Epic Fail

So RawrGirl thinks she consumed around 4000 calories yesterday.

And when all is said and done today, she will have consumed a little over 3000.

Why does RawrGirl continue to eat even after she is full???

:(

The only positive here is that RawrGirl ensured she lifted weights over the weekend -- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Last night, RawrGirl ate loads (obviously) at the party, but at least there she stopped when she was full (almost stuffed). But then she came home and kept eating. That's what peeves her off. She ate cheetos and a little bit of m&m's, but then decided she wanted food, and had the left over pasta. She was full BEFORE she heated up the pasta. What is wrong with her??? It was like this overwhelming desire to just keep eating, like, insatiable. Like no matter how much she ate, she just wanted to keep eating...like taste buds wanted a constant stream of variety and yumminess, even though tummy was full.

Today, RawrGirl does not feel like that. In fact, RawrGirl can not stand the site of food at the moment (had bacon and eggs for breakfast and the rest of the m&m's. She has cheetos, and this leftover pineapple brown sugar bread pudding concoction that she was given at the party last night which is to die for, and she doesn't even want it. Plus pizza is planned for tonight (son's belated birthday celebration), and she bought her fav chocolate cake slice from the bakery to split with Prince Charming...and she doesn't even want it. Any of it. She knows she will eat it...of course, later she will probably be hungry, but right now she is full and doesn't want food. Why didn't she feel like that last night??? Why was she full and still wanted to eat, yet today is the opposite? It makes no sense. Did she just need to get it out of her system??? Isn't there a way to get "it" out of her system without consuming bloody 4000 calories???

RawrGirl wanted pizza so bad Friday night and forced herself to be good. Tonight she is "allowed" to have it, and she would so just have a normal, low-calorie/low-carb meal if it wasn't son's birthday.

She's wondering if wanting the pizza friday night and vehemently denying herself is what instigated all of this. She wonders if she had just let herself have it, if she wouldn't have been "eat, eat, eat" all day yesterday. Like, for whatever reason, her body wanted pizza. And now, because her body got everything it could possibly have wanted yesterday, it naturally wants a more healthy day, but unless she watches everyone else eat pizza, it's not going to happen...so now she is forcing herself to eat pizza when she doesn't want it. How ridiculously frustrating.

Hopefully, later she will get hungry and pizza will sound nice.

Back