Blown it!

Hels50

Banned
Well, I blew out yesterday then added up the cost today: 57 syns! And that didn't include any chocolate! I had plenty of free and superfree food, so I didn't need all those syns and now I feel rotten. According to the scales I weigh 3lbs more than I did yesterday morning! The scales are obviously lying.

I blew it with 4 mini hot cross buns with butter (I've estimated 10g on each), 2 x 175ml glasses of wine, gravy on the roast turkey and oil on the roast potatoes. I haven't even started on the mini Lindt bunny yet and doubtless there will be more chocolate arriving today!

I have the family coming today and I'm cooking boeuf bourguignonne and apple crumble. My plan is to avoid the pudding (I'll have fresh fruit instead), then maybe have around 28g chocolate (8 syns) and no wine at all today, apart from what is in the dinner.

But first of all, I'm off for my morning swim (50 x 20m lengths in half an hour). Hopefully I'll be back on the wagon again today ...

Babes, I really wouldnt worry about it (easier said than done though I know). I had a blow out Saturday night with chinese and really felt rough and regretted it Sunday morning. As long as you get straight back on track (which I note you have) then thats the best thing you can do :) xxx

Hi Hels, it happens, the main thing is not to let it stretch into a week long binge which you haven't. You got back on that wagon and drew the line. Well done on that.

The weight gain the scales are showing is probably mostly retained water from the sugar and white carbs (the buns) yesterday. If you drink plenty today, it will help flush it out again.

Thanks for the votes of confidence, Sarah-Jane and Lemon Fizz.

The weight gain the scales are showing is probably mostly retained water from the sugar and white carbs (the buns) yesterday. If you drink plenty today, it will help flush it out again.

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. I've heard that wine can do the same thing, hence one blow-out shouldn't make any difference at all in the Grand Scheme of things. I've just been for my swim and have come back feeling positive. Now for my healthy breakfast: porridge with fruit followed by a boiled egg and scan bran!

I've done the same this weekend. Shall we just draw that line under it and get back on track? I will if you will

Fantastic news . . you kept to plan 6 out of 7 days or 90% of the time. That is no mean acheivement. well done you. Why oh why do we discount the days we do well which are more than the days we don't. My suggestion . . . forget it and move on xx

Fantastic news . . you kept to plan 6 out of 7 days or 90% of the time. That is no mean acheivement. well done you. Why oh why do we discount the days we do well which are more than the days we don't. My suggestion . . . forget it and move on xx

After all my good intentions this morning, I've blown in again Big Time today! I had the apple crumble after all and more wine than I should have and chocolate and hot cross buns ++. It's really not worth counting the syns cos I can't remember how many glasses of wine I've had! Shall I just start again tomorrow?

We all have bad days. It can't be helped!! At the end of the day Slimming World aims to be a healthy lifestyle, and I truly believe you can't deny yourself out of treats every now and then. There are times like the easter holidays when we come across more temptation than usual, or you get invited out for a meal to a party etc etc. It's ok to treat yourself every now and then as long as like everyone else has said you draw a line under it and get right back on track the next day. The more you deny yourself the more likely you will be tempted to throw the towel in and give up. Or you'd never leave the house!! I prefer to look at my weight loss over a longer period of time rather than weekly. You see how well you've done and what amazing achievment you've acomplished so far.

Heres a line for you

Heres to a good day tomorrow chick

I was going to be good all Easter but have ended up having loads of extra syns. I've eaten to plan on my meals and I only drank alcohol on one night, but I succumbed to the lure of chocolate. I've had some nearly every day. I've also been bad with my SW deserts. Instead of having a carefully measured small portion of SW trifle or SW cheesecake, I've eaten a double or triple portion.

This is on top of my gains of the last two weeks. However, I'm enjoying myself and still keeping to plan otherwise. I've also started exercising an awful lot more and hopefully when my body adjusts to it, it will help me shift the weight.

I'm not going to let it get me down as I know that when I'm back on plan 100% my weight will start dropping again. I'm still going to get to my target but probably just a few weeks later than I'd thought.

Read this poem that Dave (Laddiesboy) posted on Facebook today! I don't think he'll mind me sharing it!! Read it carefully, there's sooo much truth in it!!X

When you’ve eaten too much and you can’t write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town…
When you want to give up, just because you gave in,
And forget all about being healthy and thin
So what! You went over your syns a bit…
It’s your next move that counts…so don’t you quit!
It’s a moment of truth, it’s an attitude change
It’s learning the skills to get back in your range.
It’s telling yourself “You’ve done great up ‘til now…
…You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow!”
It’s part of your journey toward reaching your goal
You’re still gonna make it, just stay in control!
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race!
But often the strugglers, when losing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn’t over- they still could have won!
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
But facing each challenge will help you to grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint in a cloud of doubt,
When you’re pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit
If you bite it, you write it…but don’t you quit!!

I have eaten 6 Cadbury Creme eggs, a whole Easter Egg, and God knows how many mini eggs... and tomorrow I'm going to eat my last big Easter Egg, sod it. I'm a chocoholic and I knew I couldn't get through Easter without chocolate, but it's not the end of the world... I shall do half an hour each day on my Wii fit to make it seem a better week, lol.

Well in the thirteen minutes that have passed since my posting... I've eaten the bloody egg. GOOD, GOOD RIDDANCE! Back to normal tomorrow. Hooray!!

I didn't even keep track of the Syns yesterday, but I know they included a 13.5 syn Lindt bunny, eight mini hot cross buns with butter and probably 4 glasses of wine! And the scales are telling me I've put on another 2lb overnight! 5lbs in 2 days! Well, maybe it's water retention, time of the month too.

Today ... I've been for my usual 30 minute swim (50 x 20m lengths) and now I'm eating my porridge with fruit. Sorted lunch out - veggie soup in a flask to take to work with me and 57g bread with 6g butter (only a couple of syns there). Then this evening it'll be a jacket potato or maybe cauliflower cheese from the green recipe book. And lots of water. Excess food all in a bag to be given away. Back on track again today.

It would be water retention, well most anyway!
I suggest you don't weigh every day as the body does fluctuate. There is no way you could put on 5 pounds in two day.
A weekly weigh in will give you a better reading, even if you have put on a little.
At least you have drawn the line so are right back on track. Good luck!

Back