BL's Excellent Adventure: Abstinance has left the building. :D

hey bl ,
you go girl !!! :0) !!!
you have such an amazing attitude to this , i hope you recognise what an inspiration you are to people , and yes to state that ll is a tool is exactly right , its the tool that works for so many of us so its certainly the one ill be using (just like my ghd's :0)) along lifes path as and when i need to xx
wishing you much luck ( not that you need it) and love on this new exciting leg of youre journey
xxx

Anders, it was you! I remembered someone said Chocolate Porridge and I thought that sounded intersting....how did you mix it? How much water, etc. Might try that once I am fully in ketosis and can spare having a fourth pack! ;) :D

Sukie - thanks so much hon - that was really nice. :) And its nice to see you again - did you have an absolutely wonderful time withyour hubby?? ANd how are you now...must have been so hard to say goodbye again. :( My hats off to not only the good folk in the forces, but for their spouses too. I hope it was wonderful - I would love to have seen his face when he saw the new you!!!! : :) :)

xx

Well, thats Day 1 done and dusted!! :D And so easily as well. I find doing this again, knowing what to expect makes it much easier. It was a fantastic day, and I wasn;t hungry once. Which - makes me realise, even in my new lifestyle - we really can so easily eat more then we really need.

Anyway - I am just so chuffed to be doing this again. I already feel the fire to blast on through!! Roll on the NEXT golden ring! :D :D

hi bl
it was great !!! sooo lovely to see him although they had an engine overhaul to do so time during the day was limited , but the evenings were lovely lots of time together :0) bless him hes such a sweetie , kept looking at me and giving me snuggles :0) god love him he misses us so much and weve gone and left him all alone again :0) roll on aug 29th then hes home until dec yeah !!!!!! hopefully ill have a stone off by aug 29th then be at goal (ish ) all slinky for sol fest !!!

oh btw , well done for getting through day 1 !! biggest step .
ive done the choc porridge too , i tend to mix 1 choc pack with 2 porridge and the split it over 3 days , that way its not too chocolatey x

hi bl
it was great !!! sooo lovely to see him although they had an engine overhaul to do so time during the day was limited , but the evenings were lovely lots of time together :0) bless him hes such a sweetie , kept looking at me and giving me snuggles :0) god love him he misses us so much and weve gone and left him all alone again :0) roll on aug 29th then hes home until dec yeah !!!!!! hopefully ill have a stone off by aug 29th then be at goal (ish ) all slinky for sol fest !!!

Aw, thats lovely. :) I bet you can't wait!!!!

And how have you found getting back to the LL routine? You doing OK? You sound great!!! :)

oh yeah , day one today , been great . its almost a relief if you know what i mean . to know im on the path again , even though it was only a couple of weeks and going on rtm was the right thing to do i wasnt really ready mentally to go there , i wanted to stay on full lite but hey ! no regrets , i had a fantastic time , controled myself :0) and im back for the last mile xx so here we go :0)

Day two, and already enjoying the fact I don't have to cook/shop/wash up!! There IS a god!!!! :D

I have decided this short run of abstainance, I am going to try my best to take the packs as they come. Previously i used loads of salt to flavour them, but I use too much salt anyway - so if I just have them as they are I am hoping to loose some of my dependancy to the white stuff. (heh - that could be taken wrong!)

Already just after one day I can feel a difference in my body - I can't wait to have that hollow feeling in my tum again!!

So far no signs of lethargy, headache, chills, etc. Too soon I know, but its great to be feeling as normal as I did a week ago. And no more hungry then I was a week ago too.

I love this stuff!!! :D :giggle:

Roll on!

X

Chocolate Porridge:

Mix 1 pack choc shake and 1 porridge and add just enough cold/tepid water - it mustn't be too runny - you'll probably have to experiment. Then microwave for about 90 seconds - if its a bit to runny give it another 30-40 seconds. I also tried this with banana - disgusting.

Can't do this anymore as I'm on maintenance and have 1 bar and 1 porridge a day - but I've tried adding 1/2 tsp cocoa powder (technically illegal but < 10 kcal, so why worry) instead.

Good luck with the extra weight loss - I'm a stone heavier than I wanted to be at the start of RTM so I'm hoping to lose a bit more on RTM (5-6lbs?) and then try to exercise the rest away

Thanks ANders! Will try that when I am in Ketosis, and can spare using 2 packs at once!!! :D

I just made my favourite - Mint Chocolate 'ice cream'.

MMMMMmmmmmmmmm - it is just as good as I remembered!!! :)

Your before/after pic is amazing! Well done - you have done really well! Continued good luck in RTM!:)

It must be so exciting this time - you KNOW it works, won't tske long.
I miss that empty feeling sort of food neutral :sigh:

Well, I had the obligatory dream about cheating last night!! Dreamt I ate!! ALready - lol - last time it took a few weeks. :D

Last night was a bit tough - kept wanting to eat something. That is probably why I dreamt of it - I thought about it a lot all night.

Today is day 3 - maybe 1 or 2 more days and I should be well into fat-burning mode. Whoo-hoo!! :D

Clothes already feel better. Nice. Once that glycogen bloat is gone, I should be comfy again - then it will be all about burning those last bits away.

I really like th Porridge - makes a really nice option for brekkie, that wasnt there the first time. Its actually pretty good. Yay!

Have a good day everyone!!

xx

Wow - my hat is off to those of you who cook for your spouses and/or families, every day.

When I began this last time, my OH was a gem- he did all his cooking - nearly the entire time I was on the diet....only towards the very end could I do it.

I told him this time, as its only going to be 4-6 weeks, that I would cook, and he didn;t have to.

So - what does he ask for tonight? SOmething that stars with P, and has a couple of z's in the middle, and ends with a. It smells HEAVENLY.

Its kind of tough, but OK. TOday has been a test - been feeling very hungry on day 3. Also slightly tired. I think I am going to be in ketosis either tomorrow or the next day. I can;t wait!!!

THen I will cook him whatever he wants. TOnight, I wish he would have chose air. :D

So to you who have cooked all the way through it....welll done. Its not entirely easy! :D

xx

well done bl , thats takes some doing at any time :0)
im in ketosis tonight but by god ive felt huuungry today !! hopefully tomorrow will be the start of the feeling good , although i already feel pretty good , less bloated and lighter on my feet :0) woo hoo long may it reign lol xx
goodluck for tomorrow hope the big k kicks in xxx

i really enjoyed the cooking for others bit - got a bit obsessed at one point - the novely had def worn off now lol!

hope you are in K by tomorrow
daisy x

I'm another one who is obsessed with cooking - the first couple of weeks I didn't do it but then I really got into it and still have a bit of a baking obsession. Have even started making home made dough for the thing that begins with P and has a number of Zs in the middle!
The only problem is I have no idea what anything tastes like and so end up asking about 10 times "is it ok?", "are you sure it's ok?", "not too much salt?" etc etc

What is it with you girls?

Your sister doesn't cook either. Her husband sounds like a fantastic cook. Have yougot one of those too Lucy?

Well done bl
and good luck
x

Back