Blue is my favourite colour..... Lexies journey

Hi there has been a fair amount of reasearch into exercising while "fasting" and its all looks ok, I was going to go to a kettlercise class tonight in a fasted state - but youngest son sick :( Did dancing round the kitchen instead lol

The research I read said that once you had been fasting a few times - it would be ok to exercise. (They said it in more complicated words ) As its not like you are fasting/ low kcals everyday .. perhaps on the normal days up your kcals to 1400/1600.

I also read that fasting is easier, if your normal days are lower in carbs too - as you get less sugar cravings - I'm assuming they are talking about processed packets of foods, that are high in sugars.

Craving sweet stuff is really a craving for items high in fats - theory is that when we didn't make so many sweets/ cakes etc ., that we naturally looked to the sweetness of nuts, fruits and berries, plus fatty meats etc instead of what we eat now :) in a modern world.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Three words, lost the plot! Am not on the wagon at all, I am out with hubby tomorrow, first date night in 3 years & am having an indian & cinema, then Tuesday I am at Girls Aloud concert & out for tea with a friend but promise myself & you lot I will get back on the wagon on Wednesday morning, the scales are likely to cry!!!!

I had 2 Indians last week, you can do it without falling of majorly, make the conscious decision you are going to be off plan on each of those days, then don't penalise yourself for it x x

Well today the new 5:2 starts although not fasting til mid week. I've weighed in & I'm horrified at myself, my clothes are tight & I'm very unhappy that I've gained so much so easily. I don't know what is wrong with me but I need to sort it out cos I feel frumpy & fat & horrible. Gum with Kat this morning which is gonna kill me but I'll do it & will get to goal. May need lots of strong arms for wagon restraint

It's good to have a plan :) be gentle with yourself - sticking to eating low kcals all the time is hard work, and from what I've been reading only works for so long. Perhaps you have reached the point that eating low kcals is to hard. So upping your kcals to 1600 on non fast days might help, with feeling hungry :)

But try not to eat to many processed foods / crisps/ low fat snack items - have some dark choc - green and black 75\85% is nice. Plenty chopped veg - sugar snap peas, carrots celery. Nuts macadamia, almonds, hazelnuts etc - lol I'm talking to someone who knows this anyway ;)

You will be surprised how much better you will feel if you reduce the bread your eating - as I can see your eating more of it.

When you were in the Zone and so focused you were eating less bread at breakfast - just the turkey rashers or lean bacon and an egg - sometimes 1 slice of bread (looks to see if the bread has sugar in it!)

And you were snacking less and not falling into having crisps etc

I am proud and over joyed that you are so close to your goal.. But looking at how to continue your (Our/ my ) eating plan going forward - doesn't mean letting the "crap" sneak back in - because that's how we got to be fat in the 1st place .,

I know my weight loss is small and I'm still struggling with how to do this - but the way I'm looking at is I'm eating this was for life!

I've found other ways to have what I like - different recipes for pancakes, cookies that don't have wheat in them :) where there is a will there is a way :) !!

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks Tara, had a lovely message from my mum this morning after I spoke to her very briefly & told her how low I was feeling & she said she knows I can do this. I weigh 12:5 today which is a stone more than 7 weeks ago & I am so upset at myself. Think I am gonna try a week of good old fashioned low cal but decent fats not snacking cos I know it worked last time. Had 2 slices of bread at breakfast cos I didn't have any bacon in but will get some today. First target is to get that damn 11 back!!!

I know you can do it! It's truly amazing how quick it all goes back on!

I'm struggling with loosing the same 2/3 kg I put back on over Xmas( coming off the drugs etc) ok what I'm eating is much better- but still loosing the weight was not happening - I know why - but changing it is hard!

I was doing loads more walking! I also was eating lower cals one day and higher the next etc .. Which is why I think this 5:2 fasting will work

But I also know week before totm is not a good time for fasting for me lol during totm was ok ;)

Well I'm currently at 1150ish with tea planned & have some nuts with me I may eat later if I get hungry which I probably will.

Still not sure about the fasting thing so I'll see how I go today & tomorrow & then decide......

I find with the fasting day if I plan it out the day before - its works better :). I'm doing tomorrow

Breakfast : 10 nuts - 5 almonds and 5 macadamia

Lunch: mixed salad with tuna 1tsp mayo

Dinner: courgettes with garlic butter and pine nuts

Snacks: Celery, carrots sugar snap peas

Loads water and lemon and ginger tea :)

Comes in just over 500.

Thanks Tara, had a lovely message from my mum this morning after I spoke to her very briefly & told her how low I was feeling & she said she knows I can do this. I weigh 12:5 today which is a stone more than 7 weeks ago & I am so upset at myself. Think I am gonna try a week of good old fashioned low cal but decent fats not snacking cos I know it worked last time. Had 2 slices of bread at breakfast cos I didn't have any bacon in but will get some today. First target is to get that damn 11 back!!!

Hugs Hun, good luck on the 5:2 plan... You can do this, please try not to get upset... You have done brilliantly, taken a bit of a detour and are now back on the road again, those 11's will be yours again soon x x

LisaM1977 said:
Hugs Hun, good luck on the 5:2 plan... You can do this, please try not to get upset... You have done brilliantly, taken a bit of a detour and are now back on the road again, those 11's will be yours again soon x x

Lisa's quite right, Lexie, a detour is exactly what it is. :) We all take them, some longer than others, some shorter. The important thing is to not let the detour become a completely new route, or you're likely to get lost (sorry to labour Lisa's, metaphor, lol). You're doing the right thing by keeping on coming on here, so you get the benefit of everyone's support - that's one thing that will make a big difference between long-term success or failure, and is something I always intend to do. You've given so much help and encouragement to others on here, myself included, so hopefully everyone can now do the same for you. :) xx

Despite 2 good days scales not moved at all!!!! Anyway first attempt at a fasting day today. Really not sure I'll manage but I'm going to try my hardest....

You will do great! Because you are amazing ! You have come so far this will be easy as its only, only one day :) tomorrow will come !

I must say I drink water every time I feel hungry, and in reality I was just thirsty .. Hunger is a different feeling lol

I'm doing 2 days in a row though as that is how my mum does it & works better for me to do it days I'm at work cos I'd never do it at home, too much temptation!

I know if your busy it passes faster :)

I'm hungry but not starving, my test will be when I am cooking tea, I'm a nibbler!

That's when I eat the sugar snap peas :). Carrots .. Cherry tomatoes etc

Back