Bluegirls journey to ar*e island

It really is amazing how quick the body responds though. I'd suggest doing a set route and keep trying to beat your time everyday whether it's walking it jogging it or running it. Used to work well for me! X

Going from nothing to 20 mins exercise will make a huge impact! Plus with the low calories you don't wanna burn yourself out :)

I do hope so. My car is in the garage so I have walked back (25 mins) and tomorrow I shall go and collect it, its down hill so maybe 20 mins!

Any of you that like Beck they're on facebook now http://www.facebook.com/beckinstitute

bluegirl said:
I definately prefer life without the hangover, and I do feel more alive, but I have to admit relaxing with a glass of something had become far too routine before I gave myself the kick to start thinking about a change.

So, what was it that made me change? Was there a defining moment? Not really, a life long battle, times of being obsessed, times of really not caring. I guess this time I just cared and wanted to make a change.

What I have to make sure of that this is not another cycle, that this is a set change. I secretly want to do that with excercise, but as someone who hasnt really done anything since teenage netball I darent say it to anyone but you all that I want to be able to run.....I really think I'd be good at it! Its mobile, it would fit with my work (I can run anywhere wherever I am working), I love music so I could listen to everything I dont have time to while I jog around the block.

So the question is, how to I start, where do I start, when do I start. I know I need to go slowly, I know I need to start walking. Do people still start off on that scouts pace thing? Run then walk etc? Does anyone have any plans I can look at for incorporating excercise? On line or aps would be great.

I'm off work this week. I just knew how awful it would be so taken the time off, step son doesnt go back to school until Friday 13th (how stuipid is that?) and fella off till Friday. I am hoping we can have a good rid out and maybe even a spring clean. I cant stand "stuff" everywhere, and Christmas means stuff!

Have a good day everyone, I'm off to catch up on your diaries now xx

Kay! I too love music and don't mind a job, but I prefer it if someone is chasing me penelope pitstop style.

I know you can get maps for running by your house from map my run, so start with a mile and maybe you can get interval training apps from iTunes. I'm gonna look now as I'd like one too!

From couch to 5k podcast sounds good!

Evenin chika-dia!

I found a free one with about 10 different episodes to get you literally from the couch to the 5k!

Hows you any road?

I'm muck, rubbish, crapola, fed up! Why is it that when you have time off work you get ill? I've a stinking cold and all I want is comfort, food, cuddles and a blanket.

I found yesterday tough too, all my positivity went out the window by the evening, and I ended up having some peanuts, I guessed protein so they're ok - trying to forget the fat and salt content.

I'm in that place, that I am sure many of you have been in, where I am thinking, surely there are other ways to lose this weight, surely I could do WW or Slimming world? Surely something else would work.

In my heart I am just feeling sorry for myself "why me" "why cant I diet" "why do I have such a crap relationship with food". I guess if I lose even a smidgen of weight tonight (whale in at 17.30) I'll feel better.

I think the struggle at the moment is compounded with being at home, which of course for many reasons is lovely, but its not where I stick to a diet best. It appears that working away is a godsend to me. Locking myself in a room with no temptations at night is where I do SS best.

So what do I do from here? I guess I stick to the diet for a while longer, I guess I try and get out of this glum mood, slap myself out of it. Close the curtains, put on some loud music and dance in the dark for a little while. That should give me the mood lift I need.

I'll be back later with whale news.

You've had great results in your losses so far hun don't get down now! Everyone goes through their down days and for the most part you have stuck to your diet, a few peanuts won't knock you out of ketosis. If you feel you need to eat again have a day or 2 on 810. I always get down the couple of days before my weigh in then,assuming its a good result, it motivates me again for the week ahead. You may feel differently after tonight.
Do you think maybe the boredom at home is another reason? Maybe you could try to get on with your jogging plain and release a few mood lifting endorphins in the process ;)

Aww you realize you can still have the blanket and cuddles without the comfort food! If you feel glum it's ok there's always going to be days like this at goal or on the way there we have to deal with it and accept it sometimes :) but don't dwell or stay there as like krissy said your losses have been great and you have much to be pleased with yourself about - I could remind you that one of those things is being an amazing help to me :)

Much love your way on this gloomy day!! X x x

Thank you both, I have been reading diaries and looking at some motivational stuff on here so I feel a little better. I get so annoyed when I've booked time of work and then feel rubbish. Pesky cold!

I have been keeping busy, done all my cutting for a quilting project (the block a month one I told you about Krissy), been shopping, cleaning, even managed a quick walk to the post office (not the 20 minutes but I do feel crap today).

Onwards and downwards x

I have been keeping busy, done all my cutting for a quilting project (the block a month one I told you about Krissy)

Sounds really interesting can't wait to see it! I haaaate cutting fabric, always worried I won't get it straight, especially with cutting blocks for patchworks.
Have you seen that new quilting mag thats out? Treat yourself to something to read with a milk shake later :)

So, I may have answered two questions during the last hour. It's a welcome but unexpected TOTM (I have PCOS) and I've gained 1/2 lb.

I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, lets just see how this week goes. A good loss and I'm back in happy land!

Was that a gain in your CDCs scales. I heard somewhere when it's TOTN you can gain up to 10lb. I also have PCOS. Keep on with it.

Hope you're feeling better Blue? TOTM can add several pounds so just keep focused and you'll have a fine loss.

It was yes, which lets face it isn't a great deal, but I was hoping for a 3lb loss. Still lesson learnt, don't take your eye off the ball and be thankful for hormonal visitors, however infrequent.

Thank goodness it wasn't 10lbs!

Damn snap!

I've got the painters in too, up 2lb but no biggie, just drink plain water ( the fizzy stuff never helps the hormonal bloat for me) and get on the magnesium and b vits. I too had PCOS but I'm not symptomatic anymore! One of the benefits of CD the first time around ;)

Oh I know your disappointed Kay but think of the big loss that's coming next week :). Stick with it girl and you'll make it through xx

What's going on in that noggin Kay?

I've had a funny few days with a purposeful day off yesterday to see how I coped! It was not a train wreck, but being highly hormonal I could see how I could get sidetracked into some self soothing eating.

Whats the sitch sister?

Back