Bluegirls journey to ar*e island

Crimes! Calories in gaviscon?! I don't have a clue?! Though I'm usually pretty good on trying to provide my scientic take on things! Seriously I wouldn't worry about the amount of calories on gaviscon they will be minis use and not impact I. The grand scheme of things.

Glad you are peeking out from the parapet. It's good to see humour in your posts:) again. Yes we are rubbish at this diet stuff but we are brilliant at everything else er! Ok I am still working on trying to be a perfect mother to a teenage beast and 9'year old but hey! Wtf! They are leaving home at 18 and won't be allowed back except at holiday time.

Have a good nights sleep and catch pump your dd. x

So, twas a DD today, and its been OK. Oh before I tell you about that I should say that I did have the popcorn last night - lovely they were too but 351 calories; and that took my calories to 1940. Round about the 2000 I was looking for. Today, has been as follows;

Apple and coffee at breakfast/mid morning
Diet coke and coffee during the day
Tea time - M and S Endame Bean Salad and Beetroot
Dinner - Superfood salad, beetroot and a Mango

By my working I have had 523 calories, which I can happily live with.

While I was eating on my salad it made me realise how much nicer eating is than a VLCD, I dont want to go back to shakes, and feeling like I am abnormal because I cant join in and eat. I know its early days but it feels like this suits me. I just need to keep control and not get complacent.

Thanks for reading chaps, and stick at it, whatever plan you are on x

bluegirl said:
So, twas a DD today, and its been OK. Oh before I tell you about that I should say that I did have the popcorn last night - lovely they were too but 351 calories; and that took my calories to 1940. Round about the 2000 I was looking for. Today, has been as follows;

Apple and coffee at breakfast/mid morning
Diet coke and coffee during the day
Tea time - M and S Endame Bean Salad and Beetroot
Dinner - Superfood salad, beetroot and a Mango

By my working I have had 523 calories, which I can happily live with.

While I was eating on my salad it made me realise how much nicer eating is than a VLCD, I dont want to go back to shakes, and feeling like I am abnormal because I cant join in and eat. I know its early days but it feels like this suits me. I just need to keep control and not get complacent.

Thanks for reading chaps, and stick at it, whatever plan you are on x

Oohhhh I'm very excited by this!

Sounds like it's working for you!

Thanks ladies. So, an UD today, made a little more difficult with a work lunch but here goes

Breakfast yogurt and granola
mid morning banana
lunch avacado and feta salad (I think this was about 500 calories)
Mid afternoon cup a soup
dinner, jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad. Yogurt and a couple of vodkas
Air popped salted popcorn tonight.

i make that a total of 2140 which is scary. Particularly scary as it could easily have been so much more than that. I turned down alcohol and desert at lunch time, which could have been an additional 5 or 600 I guess.

Yesterday on the DD I didn't feel hungry at all. I didn't feel so tired I'm sure. Today knackered and starving. Is that just coincidence?

K x

I say this with care and love at the bottom of it - this viscous circle that I am witnessing is surely showing that the ''dieting malarkey'' just isn't thekey - maybe calorie counting or counting and tracking food altogether isn't? Want you all to find that happy place with yourselves and with food and I know you all can because I have (almost). Don't give up but please do consider giving up counting, planing, measuring, shaking etc. xxxx

Hello beautiful, thank you for dropping by. It's lovely to see you my virtual little sis'

I get what you're saying I really do. I've thought about your words for 24 hours. My only retort is that while I deal with my brain and my relationship I am still obese. Not just a little overweight, I'm 3 stone heavier than I want to be and 4 and a half stone heavier than the top of my normal BMI. I have to deal with the calories. I have to monitor. I can't excercise because of the CFS so keeping a keen eye on my intake is all I have.

Im reading a fantastic book that annieannie recommended with an alternative view on binge eating. It's a fantastic insight and is making lots of sense. I'll post a link to it if anyone else is interested

Home

I got it from Amazon on the kindle ap and dip into it every night. It's making sense!

As for the weight. I'm 4lbs down this week. Very happy. Off on my holidays tomorrow, which will involve lots of walking and sightseeing. I'll be back x

hello big sis - glad you got whatI meant - I knew you would as a lot of how I got to where I am is because of you and others on here telling me things just like that; the scales don't hold the answers and neither does CD or any other diet. I will take a look at that book :) I found Riley the most straight forward and hard hitting - I didn't really use her techniques - but I did completely agree with, and constantly remind myself of the simple fact that a binge or starve or diet is all a free will choice, and we are not trapped or victims or good or bad because of our food choices. I also do remind myself to wait quite often as when I do eat I can get that old urge to keep going.... I appreciate that you have weight to lose, that is why we all ended up here in the first place riight!? Just want to make sure that you all actually get to lose it, without losing too much more of your energy counting etc.. using the energy to poor into books that help, is brilliant though.

I hope you have a lovely holiday, I love effortless exercise like walking around on a holiday! My friend and I worked out that we must have walked at least 6 miles a day in Ibiza, which is probably how we both came back and had lost weight!

Remember to check beck in when you are back xxxx

Hi - I'm just checking in to follow you *stalker alert!!*

I'm new to JUDDD and noticed u had just recently started too :)

Hope ye having a lovely holiday! X

I'm back!

Its not pleasant, but I've started SS again today. One day at a time

gonna try and catch up with old and new friends over then next few days. I'm still poorly, been off work for 2 months and OH suggest that it'll be another 4 before ill be ready to return. E weight was creeping on by the day so here I am. Unhappy to be back, but happy to take control.

xx

Darling! Welcome home!!

Looking forward to catching up. Xxxxx

So, where do I start. Life has been pretty muck for the last few month. I don't need an excuse to eat but the response to everything in life for me is food. I am sure many of you are the same.

So I am back here, a year after I started CD for the first time and I'm almost the same weight as I was them. It sucks but it's happened and I'm not gonna dwell or be upset its a fact and I'm dealing with my food issue the only way I know, sole source. I need a break from choice, a break from taste, a break from binging, a break from alcohol.

I started back on Monday but wanted to make sure that I got the first two days under my belt before I wrote too much. Today is day 3. I stink. I've a headache. I think it means I'm almost in ketosis!

I'm glugging my first bottle of water, if you're reading this and you're not then fill up your glass. NOW!!!

Xx

Blue! Day 3 that is fantastic! I am going to explain how I have reached day 45 today and if you have any doubts or feel as if you are wavering come back and read this post (ER! if you find it helpful at all that is!)

First couple of days were ok I felt focused. Ketosis arrived but the remainder of the first 2 weeks were hell if I am honest. I had to use as many distraction techniques as possible even with reading my bible Brain over Binge. It wasn't hell all the time but only when I had the feelings of hunger, deprivation etc. How did I distract myself. Kept my water to hand. Had a few coke zero's to help take of the edge, left the house and the best hunger free days were going shopping for the whole day. Didnt feel any hunger at all those days! Ok I didn't buy things the whole time. I would go out with my mum my friends anyone who'd come shopping or just on my own. By weeks 3-4 there were others on Minis either restarting or around the same days as me and the "team" environment helped immensely.

The other thing that worked and continued to work for me is my daily post wee naked weigh in routine. I write it down on my notes in my iphone. I gained this morning but hey! it doesn't put me off because I know I drank loads of water yesterday and I stuck to plan. It may not work for you but it did for me. Clothes, hung up clothes that I tried on every few days to see if they were looser but did that to distract myself and the "feeling" of hunger, caving in passed. Also, you know I did have the few extra packs, extra veg, chicken, slice of ham even. However, I did not allow having that slice of ham or bit extra whatever take over or undo my hard work to date. I reminded myself that after vlcd I would have to learn all that control if I am to maintain. So in a way I dealing with vlcd as maintenance anyway, if that makes sense?

God! Sorry I have gone on I just hope it may help in a tiny way?

I'd forgotten what a pig this diet is. I'm knackered anyway (I've got ME) but I feel so much worse today. It could be just a bad day, it's a very up and down condition, but I feel like I've got flu, no a bad cold. Aching everywhere. On the plus side my ketostix is a little pink. So I hope I start to feel better. At the moment I am worried that the calories are just too restrictive, that the same thing will happen last time and I'm forced to come off. I guess I want a magic wand and as you all know there isn't one.

Thank you for stopping by, Kira, you say all the right things. I think you may have missed your vocation in life as a life coach/supporter!

Gluggs to all xx

Hola chica!

So glad you are back. I missed you!

So.... I feel your day 3 pain. I hit the wall earlier because I gigot to take my pack to work. I had a proper dizzy spell wobble and ate a brioche roll donated by bread for life in work. Ironic huh?

It's tough being exhausted and dealing with ketosis. I suggest going to bed which is what I'm doing NOW!

Will write more interesting and coherent stuff tomorrow!

Nellie glad I'm not a lone naked weighed too! I'm so sad it has to be 6.30am on the dot!!

Blue have an extra pack or the SS+ meal as it will not make much difference to your losses. Better that than have to come off it. At least with the extra pack you will get the nutrition. Consider it at least especially if you feel unwell hon? X

Back