Bluegirls journey to ar*e island

Interesting article :)

All good in the hood. Cold worse, mindset better. Weigh less this morning than I have in eons.

Just needed a kayish sized break, I was becomming obsessed. You all know how we get obsessed with everything, well I was making this dieting lark my next big thing, well my only thing. Ignoring what was next to me (my fella) and concentrating on finding some miracle way of dieting.

Well I guess you all know already, there isnt one! Even this miracle that is SS isnt is it? Its bloody hard, and there are days when its crapola, there are weeks when it really does stink, weeks when nothing makes sense. But in 3 months time who cares about the blips and layby's? I'll just care about my gorgeousness!

So I am on the road again, that winding road, I cant quite do that single track, no layby type of thing, but I am happy to be me and I'll do it my way and I really will try and not beat myself up about 1/2 a bloody pound on when I have done so well in the last two months.

So, my next target. My fella got on the scales last night. (He's built like the honey monster all chest and body length, legs a little shorter, but still 6ft 4......god a paint an awful picture but he is gawgeous!) He never bothers about weight. Hes a postman and gets all his excercise from walking the streets, about 4 hours a day, so plenty to counteract the beer and nuts. Anyway, I have always felt small next to him, one of the great things about finding him, with me at 5 10 it worked, for the first time, we fit. So, he gets of the scales and tells me he never imagined he would be over 15 stone. Actually he was 3lbs over 15 stone. Which filled me full of horror. My big strong tall handsome man weighs less than me and I have lost 2 blinkin stone!

So next target, I need to weigh less than the handsome one!

Happy Saturday everyone xx

Glad you are on the up today lovey!
You will be under 15 stone and then some before you even know it!

Do you know that's what spurred me on, my husband is 5 ft 10 and weighs 11 11, I an 5ft 5 and when I started I over 2 stone heavier than him! In fact I was just a stone less than your husband!

Funny isnt it when you compare to those that you have in a certain place in your heart, or head for whatever reason. Although I am now comparing my self to your fella, I was to eventually be 12 st 7 maybe, one day, with the wind in the right direction, but your chap is lighter than that and the same height!

Oh I do get myself in a muddle........fella calls it overthinking. I call it manic! I'm aiming for 14 stone, then I will check again. 14 stone is "overweight" no obese. 14 stone is achieveable. Its achieveable by March. Thats what'll do.

Phew. x

Funny isnt it when you compare to those that you have in a certain place in your heart, or head for whatever reason. Although I am now comparing my self to your fella, I was to eventually be 12 st 7 maybe, one day, with the wind in the right direction, but your chap is lighter than that and the same height!

Oh I do get myself in a muddle........fella calls it overthinking. I call it manic! I'm aiming for 14 stone, then I will check again. 14 stone is "overweight" no obese. 14 stone is achieveable. Its achieveable by March. Thats what'll do.

Phew. x

I really hate the way BMI is classed, for me (and my shortness ¬_¬) I need to be below 9st 10, my original goal was 12 stone!
I know I would be alot happier with 12 stone than I was at 18 that's for sure but still not what society would deem as good!
I 'm aiming for 10 stone now but I don't want to be too skinny, I like curvy girls myself and want to stay one, a thinner version admittedly but not tiny.

bluegirl said:

Phew. x

Ah yes but my fella is a genetic freak, he is like a hairy dolphin! Honestly, thats what makes me so self conscious! He is bronzed and naturally muscular, bloody handsome as hell, cross Eric bana and Heath ledger with Hugh jackmans bod! Honestly, when I packed the 4 stone on I just became a gibbering paranoid mess! I wouldn't let him touch me, it caused all kinds of problems in our relationship. Near slpit us up, we actually separated at one point because my self confidence and esteem were in my boots.

Thankfully I have gotten over that hideous phase in my life and I'm back in the driving seat, but it's amazing how all that negative self talk ruins your perception of yourself.

By the way women and men will never be pound for pound, men naturally carry a lot less junk, and I read somewhere that even our bone weight is different ( natures way of preventing osteo arthritis early perhaps from all those hundreds of breast fed babies!) so, I figure at 12.5 you will be 3 stone less than your Adonis, which is almost what I'm aiming for, so at least he can swing me around the room then! ;)

bettiesrevenge said:
Ah yes but my fella is a genetic freak, he is like a hairy dolphin! Honestly, thats what makes me so self conscious! He is bronzed and naturally muscular, bloody handsome as hell, cross Eric bana and Heath ledger with Hugh jackmans bod! Honestly, when I packed the 4 stone on I just became a gibbering paranoid mess! I wouldn't let him touch me, it caused all kinds of problems in our relationship. Near slpit us up, we actually separated at one point because my self confidence and esteem were in my boots.

Thankfully I have gotten over that hideous phase in my life and I'm back in the driving seat, but it's amazing how all that negative self talk ruins your perception of yourself.

By the way women and men will never be pound for pound, men naturally carry a lot less junk, and I read somewhere that even our bone weight is different ( natures way of preventing osteo arthritis early perhaps from all those hundreds of breast fed babies!) so, I figure at 12.5 you will be 3 stone less than your Adonis, which is almost what I'm aiming for, so at least he can swing me around the room then! ;)

Aww I can so relate to this - its the downside of an attractive partner - makes us see our flaws as ten times worse than they are!x

Just spent half an hour reading your diary! Loved it - love your attitude and I must be honest a lot of the things (.. emotions) you have talked about are spot on when I think of my own issues. Having a binge is my biggest "fear" but from reading this I can see if it happens - it happens, no point worrying about DOING it .. just try not to .. and deal with it if it does! Anyway, between you and Spangles I am kept thoroughly entertained and away from the fridge ... RW x

Oh thank you so much, thats cheered me up no end. Spangles was a real inspiration to me when I started on this diet, what do I mean was, she still is! And I guess if I cant be honest on here with people that understand then there really is nowhere for me to go. In times of need reading diaries is a great way to get through a bad hour or bad day, it always give your new ideas, or helps to realise that you are definately not on your own.

So today has been the Manchester Derby, my Bluegirl refers to my team (Manchester City), Ive been a season ticket holder since I was a wee girl, but my fella is from the wrong side of town, well the same side of town but he wrong team!

Usually it would have been an eating and drinking and party day in our house. Today, I've been sipping water and holding my head in my hands. For those of you that are sensible enough not to follow football, my team lost. It was disasterous. BUT I didnt eat. I didnt have any of the treats that I had bought/made for the others that were round at our house. I didnt waver one bit, and I feel great (apart from the fact that we lost. Hmmmm).

So today I had a little deviation from the CD plan, I had bought some shakes from Slim and Save a while ago and never had them. I've noticed that lots of people are enjoying them on here and on a facebook group I'm in (Skiny Minnies - its a private group but please PM me if you want to join). This afternoon I had a Latte, and it was lush! Really lovely. Such a change from my stable tetra packs.

Back to the grind stone tomorrow. I've enjoyed my time off more than I thought. Thanks for keeping me company again xx

I mix in slim & save meals and I love them! But now I'm left with way too may CD packs left lol.

How are the latte shakes? I don't like the CD cappuccino ones but I love frappes so would be nice to have something similar x

Latte was lovely, a real change. So much so that I ordered some more today. Enough for one a day for a couple of weeks.

Its been a good day, I've even managed some baking and making since I got in tonight. I can see that the working week might go downhill from here on in though. Still it might keep me from thinking about how terrible it is that I "have" to be on this diet.

Does anyone know if the week of add a meal is compulsory, even if you have had breaks during the 12 weeks? The reason I ask is that I will be working in London on my break week, and its really difficult to get something that would fit and be vegetarian. If I could postpone it, or miss it completely it would fit better with life, but I realise that it is there for a reason, so dont want to upset the Cambridge police!

x

I was under the impression that you only had to do the add a meal if you had done ss 100% for the 12 weeks.
Very impressive you've managed to bake, don't think I could bake without liking the bowl out :D got a weird love of raw cake batter, lol.

Just Had an interesting newsletter from Linda Spangles, some of you might have already seen it but I thought it worth posting as there are lots of new diaries this week;

A couple of weeks ago, I got a speeding ticket. *

I’m not sure what happened. One minute I was driving 40 miles
per hour, which was the posted speed limit. The next minute, a
policeman said he’d clocked me at 55 miles per hour.

I’m not really a bad driver… but it just happens this was my
third traffic ticket within the past year. I knew there was no
point in arguing with the officer, so a few days later, I paid
the $180 fine and decided to let go of my anger about my
situation.

As I reflected back on my unfortunate trend with my driving,
I realized the culprit. Even though I knew I was vulnerable
because of my history, I stopped paying close attention to my
driving speed. It’s as though I thought it was “free” to go
over the speed limit.

Of course, it wasn’t free. All the previous infractions added
to my current one puts me at a precarious place where I’m
creeping toward the maximum number of points allowed before I
lose my license.

I guess it was a good wake-up call, because I’m suddenly the
world’s most careful driver again. I’m determined to monitor
that dumb speedometer faithfully, and prevent this from
happening again. It’s too expensive (and not worth it) to let
get sloppy with this area of my life.

No free food

Just like my driving pattern, it’s easy to let go of our
vigilance about managing our weight. Over the holiday season,
lots of people eat more, drink more, and skip their exercise
program.. It’s only for a few weeks, so we figure it won’t
really matter that much. It’s sort of like it’s all free, and
it won’t make us gain weight.

But at some point, we’re nailed! Just like my speeding
ticket, when we quit paying attention, the risk goes up.
Certainly there are thousands of drivers who speed every day,
and never get caught. But the real issue is that I’m
vulnerable, and I have to live differently than other drivers.

With food and eating, nothing is free! Once you’ve been over
weight, you are always going to be more vulnerable to
re-gaining that someone who’s never had a weight problem. You
can get mad about it, but in the long run, you’ll still have
to pay for your lack of attention.

Instead of hoping your body will ignore your behaviors, build
a stronger system for staying conscious with your eating and
exercise patterns. Here are three ways to stay keep your focus
on track:

* Remember you have a condition
Being overweight is a condition, just like diabetes or
arthritis. For most dieters, that means you’ll never be done.
Instead, you’ll always remain vulnerable to gaining weight
back. For more on this, see Day 91 on the 100 Days blog:
Day 91 – Obesity is a condition | The Weight Loss Cafe

To successfully manage your weight, you have to pay attention
to your condition every day, including during holidays,
vacations, and other life challenges. I’m not suggest you
become obsessed about your efforts. But just like my driving
these days, you need to stay aware of your life patterns and
eating behaviors.

* Monitor yourself
I’ve started noting and even memorizing the speed zones on
all the streets I drive on. Then I keep a consistent eye on my
speedometer to make sure I’m within a reasonable level of that
zone.

With your weight management efforts, decide what works best
for monitoring your days. You might record things in a food or
exercise journal or enter them into an online program. Every
now and then, weigh and measure your foods to make sure your
portion size hasn’t been growing when you weren’t looking.

Figure out ways to catch yourself quickly when you’re
starting to ignore your plan. And look for ways to put up a
red flag when you’re about to slide past the second cookie.

* Keep it in front of you
When we get overly busy or stressed, it’s easy to let things
slip and sort of “forget” about them. With my driving, I
forgot to watch how fast I was driving, and that lapse cost me
a lot. Now I keep an eye on it every single day, and remind
myself that of how important my driving record is to me.

With your weight management efforts, remind yourself often of
your goals and what a healthy day looks like. Don’t let that
vision fade away just because your are busy or have things
going on in life. Remember that awareness is critical for
staying within the boundaries of your weight-management plan.

That's what I've always believed, if we can put the weight on once we will definitely do it again. We will never be able to eat like 'normal' people because our metabolisms are different. We will constantly have to monitor what goes into our bodies if we are going to remain a normal weight.

Just a quickie to share with you this mornings joy. I put my knee high boots on (I keep the thigh highs for the weekends......lol lol lol) havent worn them in weeks, well anyway they are from Evans as they are the only ones that would fit my HUGE calves. Guess what - they're only blimmin well baggy. How ace is that!

Happy days everyone, catch up with all your shinanagans tonight xx

well done. and evans boots aren't that big on the calves. I'm safely a size 16 (14 in some shops) and evans boots are still too small for my calves - which considering their clothes go up to a 30-something, is ridiculous.

in november i treated myself to some boots from duo, from their outlet site - where they sell all the random remnants of old ranges. brilliant, wearable two-inch kitten heels, killer-sylish pointy toes, lovely leather and leather lined... £60!! which made me feel scads better about the evans thing.

they're a bit loose now, of course - but still wearable. really glad i bought them.

Brill :D
I've always had big calves myself, but think I will still after the weightloss which is poo!

Just wait till summer when you can show ur sexy pins off properly ^_^

Back